The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happened February 1st

C3nPmD8WIAMtgar.jpg
"Wait until he does something"

@langster - the US is NOT going to invade Iran. Sanction it...oh for sure - kill more scientists like the Israelis did...you betcha...bomb Iranian facilities - real possibility. But, invade? Nope.

You think there won't be a response to those sorts of tactics? This is the precise problem. You can guarantee if they do any of this shit a US Embassy will be hit somewhere or a holiday resort popular with US Citizens will be targetted off US soil. It's one of the main reasons ISIS have no trouble recruiting.

If his actions invoke a response like that, who do you think will be taking responsibility? It won't be the digitally deficient Donald, he'll blame Obama or use it himself as a reason for stricter security measures and harsher penalties for not being a white American.

Didn't Trump state originally that the US was stupid not to steal Iraqs Oil? Doesn't Iran have the 4th largest Oil stockpile in the World? Mmm.
He said it to the CIA last week and hinted (maybe jokingly? No-one knows!) that he could right that wrong in future.

I actually think the world will turn against the US if they invade Iran. We've had enough of your Middle Eastern clusterfecks.

Would be classic Trump though.

1: Start war in Iran
2: Refuse to take in any refugees created by said war
3: Start another refugee crisis that largely needs to be absorbed by Europe
4: Trump tweets Lolz tweets about Europe's influx of immigrants/refugees

You think there won't be a response to those sorts of tactics? This is the precise problem. You can guarantee if they do any of this shit a US Embassy will be hit somewhere or a holiday resort popular with US Citizens will be targetted off US soil. It's one of the main reasons ISIS have no trouble recruiting.

If his actions invoke a response like that, who do you think will be taking responsibility? It won't be the digitally deficient Donald, he'll blame Obama or use it himself as a reason for stricter security measures and harsher penalties for not being a white American.
ISIS hate Iran and the Shia more than they hate America and Israel. If Iran were attacked, ISIS would be lining up to congratulate the US. In fact, if an invasion was to take place, ISIS would volunteer to lead the charge :lol:

You know Trump - he'll be dreaming of his 'Mission Accomplished' moment, regardless of whether it'd actually turn out to be his Bay of Pigs. He'll think he knows better than the military people advising against an invasion and he won't be able to resist the temptation for glory.

It's not a terror watch list so much as they're going to put all their efforts on 'Islamic terrorism'.

Remember, Bannon and Co. just don't believe in white extremism - they are advocates of it...leading proponents.

Those of us who go to mosques in big cities already know the FBI and whoever else keeps a tab on them...surveillance, infiltration...none of which I have a problem with.

My problem is, the FBI has in the past pushed angry idiots who could be pulled back from abyss - in the other direction.

FBI 'egged' them on and then busted them in sting operations.

By all means catch, prosecute and punish heavily those who are imminent threats, but there are those who can be brought back from the precipice

Yet, it seems that kind of outreach both within the Muslim community and law enforcement is lacking.
Correct. It's a tiny portion of anti-terrorism activities.

That's exactly what CVE does, try to engage communities and rehabilitation programs. As well as anti-propaganda and other similar things.

ISIS hate Iran and the Shia more than they hate America and Israel. If Iran were attacked, ISIS would be lining up to congratulate the US. In fact, if an invasion was to take place, ISIS would volunteer to lead the charge :lol:

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter who it upsets, there will be repercussions. Obama used diplomacy to settle a potentially very volatile situation. Trump is tearing that up and lighting the fuse. It's dangerous.

I hope this is some of that 'fake news' that they have now

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rriage-abortion-wrong-religious-a7558691.html
Donald Trump reportedly planning executive order declaring pre-marital sex, same-sex marriage and abortion to be wrong
Apparent draft decree reflects conservative Christian stances on controversial social issues

The Donald Trump administration is preparing to enshrine specific religious beliefs in executive policy—including that premarital sex is wrong, that marriage "is or should be recognised" as between a man and a woman, that life begins at conception and that the words "male and female" refer to "immutable biological sex" assigned at birth.

A leaked document that purports to be a new executive order claims to "respect religious freedom" and appears to reflect conservative Christian and Catholic beliefs. If signed, it will seek to shield people or organisations receiving federal funds that espouse and act on such beliefs, even if they are made in the course of their employment or contract, from punitive government action. It is likely to worry the country's LGBT community, which has fought for protection from discrimination.

The draft order seeks to protect the tax-exempt status of organisations that propound those beliefs, as well as to block "adverse action" against groups that discriminate, on religious grounds, in the provision of adoption and fostering services. White House spokesman Sean Spicer declined to get "ahead of the executive orders that we may or may not issue". "We have nothing on that front now," he added.

He said it to the CIA last week and hinted (maybe jokingly? No-one knows!) that he could right that wrong in future.
Ironically that would probably unite the Sunnis and Shias in Iraq for the first time :lol:

I reckon the CIA would probably whack him before he attempts anything as stupid as that.

Wouldn't invading Iran be against the wishes of his new BFF Putin though?

Wouldn't invading Iran be against the wishes of his new BFF Putin though?
I'd guess they are losing a lot of value to Putin if he can convince the US to support his foreign policy. Their alliance was mostly based on a mutual anti-american feeling, so Putin might throw them under the bus if they are no longer useful to him.

Also, a report from Reuters on the recent military op - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

fecking hell.

It makes you wonder about when the exact time a dangerous dictator can be recognised as such and stopped or when it becomes too late and speaking out about or resisting it becomes too dangerous.

Who exactly has the power to decide who's on that terror watch list? Surely it cannot be one single person?

I posted this article in the White Supremacist Terrorist thread & its quite the read, and quite troubling given the people now in power in the US. The gist of it goes the FBI had a unit dedicated to investigating how white supremacist groups have had a long running "historical" interest in covertly infiltrating law enforcement and recruiting law enforcement personnel and in a 2009 report on their findings concluded that "they posed the most dangerous domestic terrorist threat in the US". Naturally, the Republicans upon hearing the report threw a hissy fit had the unit dismantled and the lead investigator was pushed out .

@langster - the US is NOT going to invade Iran.

Maybe, maybe not. The trouble with this feckwit is you really cannot tell. And to be honest, I wasn't insinuating ground troops as like you, I'm not sure that would happen, but an air campaign? I think that's on the cards, and I bet that's actually already been talked about.

The Republicans have wanted some type of action against Iran for years and I have lost count how many times I have heard people like Palin, McCain, Hannity, O'Reilly, Trump, Bachmann, Cruz and Rubio etc, all mention that Iran is the axis of evil and the home of Islamic Terrorism. Ironically ISIS hates Iran but you try and explain that to Trump and co. They couldn't give a shit. In their eyes Muslims are Muslims, and they breed Radical Islamic Terrorists! And now that someone has the balls to say RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM the problem can be attacked and solved, because Obama and Hillary would never say those magic words and that's why they never solved the terrorism problem.

Also, a report from Reuters on the recent military op - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

Hopefully, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to the people who lost their lives, but hopefully things like this will be a lesson for the military, intelligence agencies and the soldiers who are asked to carry out these types of operations. If Trump keeps giving stupid, dangerous and confused orders that end up costing or endangering the lives of US forces or too many innocent civilians, then I think you will start to see them push back against the President very quickly. It's also a fast track way to lose support with the public. Endangering troops lives, and killing civilians, especially needlessly will turn supporters against him quicker than anything, and it will only enrage and solidify those who already oppose him.

An interesting thought experiment: What are the three things Trump could realistically do to from a policy perspective to make you believe he may yet turn into decent President ?

Things you can't bring up : Release his taxes, divest from his business etc. We are talking just policy and personnel here.

There are quite a few positive things that he could do. I doubt that he does many of them, but here are some:
1: change the US foreign policy dogma towards a classic realistic view.
2: shake up the horrendous education system.
3: Corporate tax reform.
4: reducing bad regulation.
5: any welfare state reform that boosts sustainability
6: increase decentralization = states’ rights
7: stabilize the federal budget

Sadly there are various bad policies that would outdo any positive impact by a significant magnitude.

By the way, Melania Trump has not been seen for 12 days. She left Washington early on their wedding day (Lel) and has since vanished from sight.
That model has probably run its course. Needs to replaced by something of more appropriate age, i.e. no more than 30.

There are quite a few positive things that he could do. I doubt that he does many of them, but here are some:
1: change the US foreign policy dogma towards a classic realistic view.
2: shake up the horrendous education system.
3: Corporate tax reform.
4: reducing bad regulation.
5: any welfare state reform that boosts sustainability
6: increase decentralization = states’ rights
7: stabilize the federal budget

Sadly there are various bad policies that would outdo any positive impact by a significant magnitude.

The only thing Trump would succeed in doing there is pissing off old friends and making new enemies out of them. His new UN ambassador went to the UN last week and basically said, "You're either with us or against us. Anyone who isn't seeking America's interest we're taking names." I don't know about you but trying to bully sovereign nations into your agenda NEVER ends well. These leaders (along with Trump) have their mobs and their marching orders just like everyone else.

The only thing Trump would succeed in doing there is pissing off old friends and making new enemies out of them. His new UN ambassador went to the UN last week and basically said, "You're either with us or against us. Anyone who isn't seeking America's interest we're taking names." I don't know about you but trying to bully sovereign nations into your agenda NEVER ends well. These leaders (along with Trump) have their mobs and their marching orders just like everyone else.

Yep. His foreign policy shapes up like an incoming slow-motion high-speed car crash. He hasn’t ruined it yet, but considering Flynn’s statements towards Iran, he won’t need much longer. Pre-election I struggled to see how he could do much worse than Hillary, but I was clearly wrong. It is quite worrying that the Washington foreign policy establishment looks relatively sane compared to this administration.

By the way, Melania Trump has not been seen for 12 days. She left Washington early on their wedding day (Lel) and has since vanished from sight.

Imagine the cost of her security detail because she is staying in NYC..

Hypothetically speaking, say Trump was a fully paid up Russian agent acting under orders from Putin... Do you think he would be doing anything differently? Could his actions possibly get more pro-russia?

Imagine the cost of her security detail because she is staying in NYC..
I don't have an issue with the costs till summer. After all - changing schools in the middle of year is a bitch (having done it a couple of times).

But, if they continue to maintain this arrangement come next September - I'll be slightly ticked off.

I don't have an issue with the costs till summer. After all - changing schools in the middle of year is a bitch (having done it a couple of times).

But, if they continue to maintain this arrangement come next September - I'll be slightly ticked off.

Yeah, that I agree with. However, I heard murmurs that she will be staying in NYC after summer too - although I don't think that is confirmed.

He's obsessed with Arnie. He's talking about him at the prayer breakfast.
Did he bring up Frederick Douglass?

Because, you know, and I'm someone that knows about these things, of course, just ask anybody. I appointed my good buddy Carson, and people are starting to learn, now, who Douglass is becoming.

He's boasting the ratings have tanked since Arnie took over.

Because, you know, and I'm someone that knows about these things, of course, just ask anybody. I appointed my good buddy Carson, and people are starting to learn, now, who Douglass is becoming.

Not so far.

I think Douglass is going to be a Rd. 1 pick in next year's NFL draft, his yds per carry are off the chart...

Hypothetically speaking, say Trump was a fully paid up Russian agent acting under orders from Putin... Do you think he would be doing anything differently? Could his actions possibly get more pro-russia?

Putin managed to:

Put his own President in the White House.
Have his close friend (Tillerson) head the US state department.

...all done without firing a single shot or drop a single bomb. Not bad for an ex KGB/Cold War verteran...well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.