The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

This seems way too absurd to be true.

You say that, but you can easily imagine him saying those exact words "This has been the worst call by far" Just as you can easily imagine him bragging about the election win and being rude enough to cut the call short early.

I can only hope it's true, because the more people he pisses off the easier it will be for the Republicans to finally get rid.

This seems way too absurd to be true.

From the same story:

Trump told Peña Nieto in last Friday’s call, according to the Associated Press, which said it reviewed a transcript of part of the conversation, “You have a bunch of bad hombres down there. You aren’t doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn’t, so I just might send them down to take care of it.”
:eek::lol: I just continue to feel bad for the Mexicans.

Jesus feck, in the Mexican example he's quite genuinely threatening military conflict. Beyond mental.

Can you imagine if you're the Mexican Pres? What the feck do you do when you hear that? Were it from any other sane POTUS I think you just hang-up right then, but with this hombre loco do you just have to entertain it?

Can you imagine if you're the Mexican Pres? What the feck do you do when you hear that? Were it from any other sane POTUS I think you just hang-up right then, but with this hombre loco do you just have to entertain it?

I'm not sure what you do. It's genuinely incredible. An active head of state in a bordering nation threatening you with military conflict a week into his reign because of disagreements.

Interesting perspective but a tad bit of false equivalence there too.

Countries like Iraq for example are technically still at war with Israel, so you'd argue there is some logic to the stance. Its diplomatic posturing since I'm sure these countries don't consider Israelis a security risk. I dont personally agree with it but it makes more sense than the US banning people from an allegedly key ally in the war against terror.

The Mexico bit has been denied at the Mexican end, so it's possible someone in the White House deliberately leaked duff info (maybe so they can scream "fake news!" again).

The Mexico bit has been denied at the Mexican end, so it's possible someone in the White House deliberately leaked duff info (maybe so they can scream "fake news!" again).

Nah, the news is coming out quickly about this. It's not been debunked as such, although Mexico AND the White House have both denied the story you originally quoted, however there is a transcript of him saying "he would take care of the Bad Hombres if Mexico couldn't"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mexico-care-bad-hombres-us-might-231304076--politics.html

I think from reading that he was basically saying if Mexico couldn't sort their drug problem out or stand up to the criminals then the US definitely could, but he didn't threaten to invade Mexico as such and definitely not the way it was originally reported. I think either misreported at first intentionally, or someone misunderstood it or in a rush to get a story out embellished a little to sex it up.

It's AP though... them and Reuters usually don't trade in rumors. Not that what you're suggesting isn't possible.

I suppose the thought is that the source might be well placed (so AP thinks it's reliable enough to print), but acting in bad faith (aka, giving out false transcripts). Random, but I can't see why the Mexicans would deny it if it's legit.

Christ Al-fragging-mighty. :rolleyes: An excerpt from Trump's Black History Month speech:

Donald Trump said:
"Well the election, it came out really well. Next time we’ll triple the number (of black votes) or quadruple it. We want to get it over 51, right. At least 51.

Well, this is Black History Month, so this is our little breakfast, our little get-together. And just a few notes. During this month, we honour the tremendous history of the African-Americans throughout our country. Throughout the world, if you really think about it, right. And their story is one of unimaginable sacrifice, hard work, and faith in America. I’ve gotten a real glimpse during the campaign; I’d go around with Ben to a lot of places that I wasn’t so familiar with. They’re incredible people. And I want to thank Ben Carson, who’s going to be heading up HUD (Housing and Urban Development), and it’s a big job, and it’s a job that’s not only housing, it’s mind and spirit, right? And you understand that. Nobody’s going to be better than Ben.
Last month we celebrated the life of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. whose incredible example is unique in American history. You read all about Dr. Martin Luther King a week ago when somebody said I took the statue out of my office. And it turned out that that was fake news. The statue is cherished. It’s one of the favourite things — and we have some good ones. We have Lincoln, and we have Jefferson, and we have Dr. Martin Luther King. And we have other. But they said the statue, the bust, of Dr. Martin Luther King was taken out of the office. And it was never even touched. So I think it was a disgrace, but that’s the way the press is. It’s very unfortunate.

I am very proud now that we have a museum, National Mall, where people can learn about Reverend King, so many other things, Frederick Doug — Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job that is being recognized more and more, I notice. ******* Tubman, Rosa Parks, and millions more black Americans who made America what it is today. Big impact. I’m proud to honour this heritage and will be honouring it more and more.

Folks at the table, in almost all cases, have been great friends and supporters. And Darrell, I met Darrell when he was defending me on television. And the people that were on the other side of the argument didn’t have a chance, right. And Paris has done an amazing job in a very hostile CNN community; he’s all by himself. Seven people and Paris. I’ll take Paris over the seven. But I don’t watch CNN, so I don’t get to see you as much. I don’t like watching fake news. But Fox has treated me very nice, wherever Fox is, thank you. We’re going to need better schools, and we need ‘em soon. We need more jobs, we need better wages, a lot better wages. We’re going to work very hard on the inner city. Ben’s going to be doing that, big league, that’s one of his big things that we’re going to be looking at. We need safer communities and we’re going to do that with law enforcement. We’re going to make it safe. We’re going to make it much better than it is right now. Right now it’s terrible.

I saw you talking about it the other night, Paris, on something else that was really — you did a fantastic job the other night on a very unrelated show. I’m ready to do my part, and I will say this, we’re going to work together. This is a great group, this is a group that’s been so special to me, you really helped me a lot. If you remember, I wasn’t going to do well with the African-American community, and after they heard me speaking and talking about the inner city and lots of other things, we ended up getting, I won’t go into details, but we ended up getting substantially more than other candidates who had run in the past years. And now we’re going to take that to new levels. I want to thank my television star over here — Omarosa’s actually a very nice person. Nobody knows that. I don’t want to destroy her reputation. She is a very good person and she’s been helpful right from the beginning with the campaign and I appreciate it, I really do. Very special. So I want to thank everybody for being here."

TL;DR version:

"Where would we be without them black folks, huh? Marvin Rupert Kong, Rosie Parks, Pamela Motown, Mr T, Rick James (bitch), the guy who sang Wonderful Life etc - all wunnerful Americans. But enough about those f*ckers, and more about me."

*three hours later*

"...and God said to me on the phone: "Donald, I'm having a hard time runnin' the earth n' all - it's time someone competent did it. Someone GREAT, and with very large hands. And that's why I'm begging you to have a crack, mate.""

*four hours later*

"Hey you, Remus or whatever your name is - where's my napkin?"

I suppose the thought is that the source might be well placed (so AP thinks it's reliable enough to print), but acting in bad faith (aka, giving out false transcripts). Random, but I can't see why the Mexicans would deny it if it's legit.

The Mexicans strongly denying is really the catch (yes, we're at the point where the Mexican govt is more trustworthy than the US). A possible theory there is that they thought that not commenting, or confirming would worsen the relationship/situation. That if their public believed it to be 100% true, that their own efforts to negotiate become tied because of internal politics.

TL;DR version:

"Where would we be without them black folks, huh? Marvin Rupert Kong, Rosie Parks, Pamela Motown, Mr T, Rick James (bitch), the guy who sang Wonderful Life etc - all wunnerful Americans. But enough about those f*ckers, and more about me."

*three hours later*

"...and God said to me on the phone: "Donald, I'm having a hard time runnin' the earth n' all - it's time someone competent did it. Someone GREAT, and with very large hands. And that's why I'm begging you to have a crack, mate.""

*four hours later*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bravo Guv, bravo.

The Mexicans strongly denying is really the catch (yes, we're at the point where the Mexican govt is more trustworthy than the US). A possible theory there is that they thought that not commenting, or confirming would worsen the relationship/situation. That if their public believed it to be 100% true, that their own efforts to negotiate become tied because of internal politics.

If the sentence fell as described they have to be quiet to not stir things...

Last edited:
Christ Al-fragging-mighty. :rolleyes: An excerpt from Trump's Black History Month speech:

TL;DR version:

*three hours later*

*four hours later*

:lol:

That's like Milo's dream, what morons for playing right into his hands.

College kids...

Fwiw, it's the logical escalation. This won't end peacefully at all. Someone said that this has the vibes of Civil Rights/Vietnam War protest and it's probably not far off the mark.

Which doesn't bode well for 2020. 'Law and order' is a right wing wet dream for election issue.

Aussie part of the story being corroborated

Which is the more shocking one in a way, we know he's racist and hates Mexico, the feck is he shitting on Australia for? Theory - he's a moron too. Hopefully he goes on a state visit there and they leave some malevolent wildlife in his room.

College kids...

Fwiw, it's the logical escalation. This won't end peacefully at all. Someone said that this has the vibes of Civil Rights/Vietnam War protest and it's probably not far off the mark.

Which doesn't bode well for 2020. 'Law and order' is a right wing wet dream for election issue.

Wasn't college kids, seems like it was a mix of students and others. Saw some news reports, it looked peaceful for hours before it suddenly erupted. The last campus he went to saw a shooting by a fascist, apparently.

That's like Milo's dream, what morons for playing right into his hands.

These are left wing anarchist nutters. Sort of like the guy that clocked Spencer in the jaw recently. Complete trouble makers masquerading as righteous anti-alt right crusaders.

Aussie part of the story being corroborated

Which is the more shocking one in a way, we know he's racist and hates Mexico, the feck is he shitting on Australia for? Theory - he's a moron too. Hopefully he goes on a state visit there and they leave some malevolent wildlife in his room.

The moron actually did right in this instance, Turnbull is an absolute cockwomble.

I like your wildlife idea, however.

He just leaves a trail for everyone to follow. Basically anything he has Tweeted in the past will come back to haunt him.

the feck is he shitting on Australia for?

He's been reading all @InfiniteBoredom's posts on here and as we all know he hates immigrants so he thought he could kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Fill his room with extremely dangerous spiders, however the only way he can get out of the room is by going down a very steep flight of stairs.

https://www.thenation.com/article/l...ls-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/
4a-c
3007_001-2_crop.jpg

Leaked Draft of Trump’s Religious Freedom Order Reveals Sweeping Plans to Legalize Discrimination
If signed, the order would create wholesale exemptions for people and organizations who claim religious objections to same-sex marriage, premarital sex, abortion, and trans identity.

Trump is slowly going to piss of every other world leader isn't he. Hopefully it doesn't ever get to the point where they all just turn their backs on America and then things escalate.

https://www.thenation.com/article/l...ls-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/
4a-c
3007_001-2_crop.jpg

Leaked Draft of Trump’s Religious Freedom Order Reveals Sweeping Plans to Legalize Discrimination
If signed, the order would create wholesale exemptions for people and organizations who claim religious objections to same-sex marriage, premarital sex, abortion, and trans identity.

So this looks like the LGBT order that was rumoured a few days back, branded as "religious freedom".

CNN also got to the bottom of the phone call stuff, Aussie tantrum was about a deal to take 1,200 refugees from them, Mexico one's actual transcript:
"You have some pretty tough hombres in Mexico that you may need help with. We are willing to help with that big-league, but they have be knocked out and you have not done a good job knocking them out."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/01/politics/malcolm-turnbull-donald-trump-pena-nieto/index.html

It's rather telling it was this high up on their agenda when I believe they still have some time under the Congressional Review Act to overturn it. Smacks of foreshadowing opening up business with Russia post sanctions relief, namely (spoiler alert) Exxon.

This won't end peacefully at all. Someone said that this has the vibes of Civil Rights/Vietnam War protest and it's probably not far off the mark.

You think there'll be an election in 2020? :eek: Trump is working on his bestseller 'How to turn a Western democracy into an autocracy in 30 days'. One days historians will mention it in the same line as 'Mein Kampf'.

Trump is slowly going to piss of every other world leader isn't he. Hopefully it doesn't ever get to the point where they all just turn their backs on America and then things escalate.
He's very cozy with Putin and as his puppet he will always be. He'll also get well along with Duerte, they share similarly rotten characters.

It's rather telling it was this high up on their agenda when I believe they still have some time under the Congressional Review Act to overturn it. Smacks of foreshadowing opening up business with Russia post sanctions relief, namely (spoiler alert) Exxon.
They won't, most Republicans have by now shown the moral and character of some corrupt third-world country dudes. For me, the question wasn't if Trump will do everything he can to facilitate business with Russia but how quickly.

This is where your dollars go. Reports today saying she wont move to the White House at all.

I have a lot of sympathy for her to maximize the opportunities to be as often as possible as far away from him as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.