The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit like this is why so many people are having a hard time giving Trump a pass - These are the people his boot on the ground supporters are gravitating towards.

White Supremacist Richard Spencer Hails Trump's 'de-Judaification' of Holocaust

The Forward and Sam Kestenbaum Feb 01, 2017 12:39 PM

White nationalist Richard Spencer speaks at Texas A&M University, December 6, 2016. David J. Phillip/AP

For Richard Spencer, the leading ideologue of the so-called “alt-right,” Donald Trump’s Holocaust Remembrance Day statement that failed to mention Jews or anti-Semitism was an important, perhaps revolutionary, step. Spencer dubbed it the “de-Judaification” of the Holocaust.

Jewish activists, Spencer wrote in a short post for his new website Altright.com, have long insisted on making the Holocaust “all about their meta-narrative of suffering” and a way to “undergird their peculiar position in American society.”
The Holocaust, in Spencer’s eyes, has become a sort of moral bludgeon — used against white nationalists like himself.
“We can’t limit immigration, because Hitler. We can’t can’t be proud of ourselves as a Europeans, because Holocaust. White people can be Christian, but not too Christian, because Auschwitz,” he wrote. Spencer went on: “Effectively, any policy, idea, or belief that is markedly right-wing and traditional — that evokes identity, power, hierarchy, and dominance — must be regulated by the possibility that it could potentially lead back to the German Führer.”

Spencer, a onetime Duke University PhD student, popularized the term “alt-right,” a broad label that defines a new generation of white nationalists.

While other influential members of the movement, like Andrew Anglin, clearly identify with Neo-Nazis (Anglin’s Daily Stormer website is named after the Nazi propaganda sheet Der Stürmer), Spencer says he is not a Nazi and denies the label that is often attributed to him, preferring the term “identitarian,” a reference to a far right political movement that has roots in France.
Spencer dismissed Jewish responses to Trump’s statement as “kvetching,” using a Yiddish term for complaining.

In speaking about Hitler and the Holocaust, Spencer has also elided Jewish suffering, telling the Daily Caller that “terrible things were done to many different people during that terrible war.”

He also does not outright condemn Hitler, calling him a “historical figure.” “He’s done things that I think are despicable,” Spencer told the Daily Caller, but did not go into details. “I’m not going to play this game.”

In Spencer’s eyes, the “de-Judification” of the Holocaust is a quintessentially “Trumpian” statement. Spencer championed Trump through the presidential campaign — and though he has been critical of the president at times, seems to have come around to Trump.
“Trump is a white nationalist, so to speak, he is alt-right whether he likes it or not,” Spencer in a recent interview on “The David Pakman Show.”

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.768982

Not really. By that logic the US wouldn't have lost the jobs to China, they would have brought the Chinese in. Your pal George is contradicting himself there, saying how the only american thing now is "buying things", but then again goes on to conclude, that they want cheap labour, despite the facts, that low skilled workers are at all time highs in unemployment statistics. So who then is going to buy their products?

No, because cheap labour in China is way much cheaper than cheap labour in USA, so its better to have them abroad. They pay them peanuts over there... but slowly rising though. When its almost the same as in USA, those jobs will go back. (move to Africa and South America before that)

But a highly skilled chinese guy, can do the job of the same highly skilled american citizen for a fraction of the money.

My younger brother for example is currently working at Wall Street (i have him infiltrate the dark lords) and he doesn't get paid like an American with the same education and job would. He keeps receiving the same amount he does here in Chile (2k monthly), which puts him in the top 15% of higher earners nationwide. (70% of the workers in Chile make less than a 1000 dollar monthly).

See? for a fraction of the money, you get a highly skilled worker doing a job a gringo could easily do, but they prefer to outsource to get it cheaper.

And when has the lack of money stopped anyone from buying things?? people will always buy stuff! always! stuff they dont need, with money they dont have.

Why do you think they created the credit cards? Big majority of people will always be in debt, and doesn't even matter if they can't pay later. They gonna take your house, and if you don't have a house, the government will repay that money to the banks anyway.

Trump wouldn't blink an eye if Putin invades the Baltic States, Poland, or more of Ukraine. And he's not gonna fire all the nutters he's surrounded himself with.

He would have to as there would be incredible pressure from the GOP and Dems to take action.

He would have to as there would be incredible pressure from the GOP and Dems to take action.
After what I have witnessed during the last couple of days, the GOP wouldn't give a feck, bar McCain perhaps and Graham.

I reckon if this asshat gave trump a Twitter shout out he would of included her in today's word salad.
img.jpg

His people are to blame for this shit. He needs to be fed lines - and to stop him from freelancing. Nice, scripted speech - done.

Frederick Douglass is someone all American kids learn about in middle school social studies - Trump made him out to be some random guy :lol:

Shit like this is why so many people are having a hard time giving Trump a pass - These are the people his boot on the ground supporters are gravitating towards.
cnut needs a sucker punch in the face.....oh wait.

His people are to blame for this shit. He needs to be fed lines - and to stop him from freelancing. Nice, scripted speech - done.

Frederick Douglass is someone all American kids learn about in middle school social studies - Trump made him out to be some random guy :lol:

I honestly don't think he has the memory or (especially) the attention span necessary for him to do that.

As I first said a few pages back, I'm convinced that all of his speeches transmit hidden frequencies that make everyone listening to them a little more stupid.

You are basically calling me stupid?:(

Trump never paid attention to history in middle school. He was too busy being the "best baseball player for his age in NY, that was when baseball wasn't too popular in NY".

Not all Trump supporters are Nazis, but all the Nazis do seem very supportive of Trump.

More stupid than you were before you read that tweet I shared. Sorry :(
Who ever has to transcribe his gibberish must really question humanity. I would have an urge to read War and Peace cover to cover after I had to listen and write that shit down

Who ever has to transcribe his gibberish must really question humanity. I would have an urge to read War and Peace cover to cover after I had to listen and write that shit down

Apparently he's causing unprecedented problems for translators. Seriously. If they try and go word for word it is completely unintelligible but they can't make meaningful sentences without adding depth and meaning that wasn't there in the first place.

Last edited:

Netanyahu loves him, of course.

Around half of Britons believe U.S. President Donald Trump's planned UK state visit should go ahead, even though a similar number would not like to see his controversial migrant ban implemented in Britain, according to a poll on Wednesday.

Trump's executive order to temporarily ban refugees entering the United States and limit migration from seven Muslim-majority countries has drawn widespread protest in Britain, and nearly 1.8 million people have signed a petition to stop his state visit, planned for later this year.

But the YouGov poll found 49 percent of Britons believe the state visit should go ahead and that only 36 percent want it to be canceled.

A state visit would involve lavish displays of royal pageantry and a banquet hosted by Queen Elizabeth. The invitation was conveyed by Prime Minister Theresa May when she visited Washington last week, just hours before the travel ban was introduced.

Britons would not like to see a similar migrant ban introduced in the UK, however, with 32 percent saying they would feel "appalled" by such a move and 17 percent "disappointed".

Only 15 percent were "delighted" by the prospect of similar immigration restrictions in Britain, while 13 percent said they would be "pleased".

DeVos may be in trouble if so.

Good. Devos is a particularly clueless idiot (even among the parade of clueless idiots Trump has nominated). She should be voted down regardless of party affiliation.

These Skype questions in the WH briefing are bizarre. Just teeing up the items that the administration wants to talk about.

Sen Murkowski (R-AK) announces she will vote NO

Dems should trade SCOTUS pick for Sessions and DeVos - sorta...kinda...win-win.

Mind you, Trump instructed GOP to go nuclear on SCOTUS nomination...so :confused:

GOP doesn't do trade, mostly.

So the Dems need one more to block DeVos? Toomey?

Status
Not open for further replies.