The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the Fox News story I linked at the top of the page:

We were both right. From this CNN article:

When the end of that term came without the White House putting forth a nominee, the judges of the federal district court in Manhattan voted to appoint Berman to remain in the job. As a result, under federal law, he can serve until the Senate confirms a Trump nominee.

Wow...what a massive 'win', Your Majesty.

Police arrest Black Lives Matter protester at Trump's rally in Tulsa

There goes the right to peacefully protest.

Yet another blow from a federal Judge. Guess Judges believe in Law and Order and not pampering to a man child in chief .
For all of the mess that is American politics, it's genuinely good to see proper action taken when a tyrannical government try and circumvent the rule of law. It's almost as if the people who created the political system did so to try and avoid the pitfalls of dictators....

Having said that, Trump keeps trying to stack the deck in his favour and it's genuinely worrying what could happen if he somehow gets a second term.

There. Is. No. Travel ban.

Are you on a wind up? I can leave the house now, go to the airport and fly to New York. Nobody will stop me.

The problem comes on clearance at JFK. I wouldn’t get through. Nigel Farage can.

What part are you missing?

Are you on a wind up? I can leave the house now, go to the airport and fly to New York. Nobody will stop me.

The problem comes on clearance at JFK. I wouldn’t get through. Nigel Farage can.

why would Farage get through? Unless it’s a personal clearance from the American Government?

Ive clearly misread the UK guidelines.

why would Farage get through? Unless it’s a personal clearance from the American Government?

Ive clearly misread the UK guidelines.

His nose has been half an inch inside Trumps butthole for a few years now. It would have taken a phone call.

There’s a general prohibition of entry to the US for people have have been in many counties (including the U.K.) in the last 14 days.

You seem to be being unnecessary and highly pedantic in saying it is not a “travel” ban.

Farage looks like he’s in Miami or the Florida keys. Have you seen him recently in the UK? I’m just wondering if he sidestepped the 2-weeks requirement by spending them in the Bahamas or something.

There’s a general prohibition of entry to the US for people have have been in many counties (including the U.K.) in the last 14 days.

You seem to be being unnecessary and highly pedantic in saying it is not a “travel” ban.

I work with people that I’ve been flying between the two countries non stop. There’s no ban. It’s advice.

I’m not being pedantic. I’m pointing out yet another failing in the UK’s approach. People believe one thing. Then act accordingly. With the wealthy ignoring it all and carrying on regardless.

People are still free to fly anywhere they want. It’s entry restrictions that become problematic. I was pointing out that Nigel Farage would have met those criteria. So calls for his prosecution were misguided and daft.

I work with people that I’ve been flying between the two countries non stop. There’s no ban. It’s advice.

I’m not being pedantic. I’m pointing out yet another failing in the UK’s approach. People believe one thing. Then act accordingly. With the wealthy ignoring it all and carrying on regardless.

People are still free to fly anywhere they want. It’s entry restrictions that become problematic. I was pointing out that Nigel Farage would have met those criteria. So calls for his prosecution were misguided and daft.

It’s not advice though, it’s a presidential proclamation that prohibits (synonym: bans) entry to the US for the vast vast majority of people.

There are exceptions that Farage may or may not meet, but in general terms people from the UK (and most other places in Europe) are banned from entering the US.

Your line of argument that “you can fly there they just won’t let you in” is very much pedantic.

The call to prosecute feckface was daft, granted.

Here's hoping it takes out a few more of those dumb fecks. I mean, seriously how thick are these people?

Any protests going on down near the rally?
The usual protest organizers are trying to keep us separate so that nothing flares up; we think that would only help the rally. We’re having our own counter-rallies outside of walking distance from the arena, which judging on the condition of most Trumpers is less than a mile.

It is very tense: businesses miles away are boarded up. If any of those nuts try to move the party down to Greenwood/Old Black Wall Street, it might get messy.

The usual protest organizers are trying to keep us separate so that nothing flares up; we think that would only help the rally. We’re having our own counter-rallies outside of walking distance from the arena, which judging on the condition of most Trumpers is less than a mile.

It is very tense: businesses miles away are boarded up. If any of those nuts try to move the party down to Greenwood/Old Black Wall Street, it might get messy.

Good luck and stay safe. No doubt the orange one is going to say some stupid inflammatory shit tonight.

Hopefully social Darwinism will cull the especially stupid people in that group.

Do these people really take this guy seriously or is it just a case of anything but the Dems? I just can't get my head around how they rationalize his behaviour and shitshow of a presidency.

Trump fires SDNY’s Berman after Bill Barr complains he made a ‘public spectacle’ out of his botched dismissal

Attorney General Bill Barr on Saturday sent a letter to Southern District of New York U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman claiming that President Donald Trump has fired him.

“I was surprised and quite disappointed by the press statement you released last night,” Barr wrote.

“Unfortunately, with your statement last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service. Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the president to remove you as of today, and he has done so,” Barr wrote.

The letter says Audrey Strauss will become the new acting US attorney for SDNY.

Do these people really take this guy seriously or is it just a case of anything but the Dems? I just can't get my head around how they rationalize his behaviour and shitshow of a presidency.

You must not be American, or if you are, you have never lived in the South. I spend over a decade down there and many of those people are fukcing racist as fukc. I saw this (I am paraphrasing) posted somewhere and it is spot on:

Trump does not offer promises of hope, he promises aggression against the other so it does not matter if he helps his base as long as he punishes the other.

Trump fires SDNY’s Berman after Bill Barr complains he made a ‘public spectacle’ out of his botched dismissal

Attorney General Bill Barr on Saturday sent a letter to Southern District of New York U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman claiming that President Donald Trump has fired him.

“I was surprised and quite disappointed by the press statement you released last night,” Barr wrote.

“Unfortunately, with your statement last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service. Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the president to remove you as of today, and he has done so,” Barr wrote.

The letter says Audrey Strauss will become the new acting US attorney for SDNY.

You must not be American, or if you are, you have never lived in the South. I spend over a decade down there and many of those people are fukcing racist as fukc. I saw this (I am paraphrasing) posted somewhere and it is spot on:

Trump does not offer promises of hope, he promises aggression against the other so it does not matter if he helps his base as long as he punishes the other.

The guy's just getting worse...

It’s them being culturally ignorant, un- or under-educated, white (they truly feel like they are the most put upon race in this country), but, most importantly in my mind, idiotic babble thumpers, especially in the South with evangelicals. You mix together all those versions of stupid, you get a mindless mass of citizens that get led around by their nose & will believe everything.
Toss in the fact that Goebbels et al would look at their propaganda machine with envy, you have a cult of personality that is as strong as any.

Trump is the type of sadist that would book them hotel rooms in Tulsa for two weeks so that they can quarantine, then pull the credit card after a couple of nights to force the staffers to pay for themselves. His cult would praise the move as savvy from an elite businessman who makes the tough decisions.

It’s them being culturally ignorant, un- or under-educated, white (they truly feel like they are the most put upon race in this country), but, most importantly in my mind, idiotic babble thumpers, especially in the South with evangelicals. You mix together all those versions of stupid, you get a mindless mass of citizens that get led around by their nose & will believe everything.
Toss in the fact that Goebbels et al would look at their propaganda machine with envy, you have a cult of personality that is as strong as any.

This all fukcing day long. It says everything about them as "christians"(quotes and lower case soooo on purpose) that they would choose as adultering, racist, narcisitic, fake christian over Obama who was the opposite of all of those qualities. As a Christian myself I am offended. I have asked my fellow republican, Catholic, family members the same question regardless of the issue:
"Which side of this argument would Jesus come down on". And every time they have no answer, but they still support him. I will never understand this except through the lens of bigotry and greed.

Those freedom and democracy loving feckers having their judicial system bulldozed in to the ground by one the most transparent charlatans who's ever walked the earth.
They deserve the chaos that's going to follow.

Trump's Axios interview, today ~

'When asked if he recommended people wear masks, the president said: "I recommend people do what they want."

Later in the same interview: "It's hard to stop it. It's the most contagious virus anyone's ever seen. I could look at you, and all of a sudden you have the virus."'

This all fukcing day long. It says everything about them as "christians"(quotes and lower case soooo on purpose) that they would choose as adultering, racist, narcisitic, fake christian over Obama who was the opposite of all of those qualities. As a Christian myself I am offended. I have asked my fellow republican, Catholic, family members the same question regardless of the issue:
"Which side of this argument would Jesus come down on". And every time they have no answer, but they still support him. I will never understand this except through the lens of bigotry and greed.
Yep. It’s the disconnect that is so shocking. When presented with facts that would be antithetical to their religion, Trump supporters just take another insane leap of faith & follow him blindly. There’s no shame or embarrassment, they just want to see judges get into positions where they could try to overturn Roe, keep the cultural wars going, etc.
I’m just waiting for the shift in the Trump campaign to go full on to a social war like W. Bush did with gay marriage in 2004 (it was shocking to listen to the right try to clamor that gay marriage was the biggest challenge to the US in 2004 when we were struggling in two wars, still reeling from 9/11, & the corruption in the Bush admin was beginning to reveal itself - yep, gay marriage was the biggest issue alright). The only real outlet they have now is to go after Roe now that the SC has ruled as it did this week for gay rights in the workplace.
Can’t exactly remember when in 2004 that the W. Bush campaign went anti-gay, but it couldn’t have been more than a couple of months out from November.

Status
Not open for further replies.