The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's surely got a point though? I think it's important to highlight Trump's lies to a certain extent, but the outrage every time he says something ridiculous probably doesn't serve much of a point at this stage - we know he lies constantly and he isn't going to stop as long as he's in office.
Doesn't that effectively normalize the behavior? If you stop being outraged, you are ultimately saying it is acceptable.

E.G. someone made this point on Twitter - In 2014, the broadcast networks refused to air Obama's speech on the Dreamers/immigration by saying it was overtly political. But now they're going to air Trump's speech. And this is almost solely because he spends all his time raging against the media and accusing them of bias. He's being rewarded for his shitty behavior and given a bigger platform to spread what will inevitably be a bunch of lies. Of course that also goes back to them being spineless and complicit, so probably crazy to expect them to stand up to Trump at this point.

What's overdone is people constantly fact checking Trump on stuff that no voter will care about. There are no undecideds left on Donald Trump. It's completely pointless to focus on stuff like that.

Did you notice that he's not actually pulling back troops for Syria? Apparently will be there till Kurds and Turkey are friends. That is another shorthand way of saying 'NEVER'. Possibly due to Israeli concerns. Fact check that and we should postpone the 'Trump, Welcome to the resistance' posts :(

Did you notice that he's not actually pulling back troops for Syria? Apparently will be there till Kurds and Turkey are friends. That is another shorthand way of saying 'NEVER'. Possibly due to Israeli concerns. Fact check that and we should postpone the 'Trump, Welcome to the resistance' posts :(

No no that was the story yesterday, that Bolton had reversed his decision. The story today is that Bolton was humiliated by Erdogan. What will happen? Who knows, at least the ride will be fun.

No no that was the story yesterday, that Bolton had reversed his decision. The story today is that Bolton was humiliated by Erdogan. What will happen? Who knows, at least the ride will be fun.

The best thing is to listen to the right wing radio hosts and believe them because that's where Trump gets his motives. He is definitely changing his decision to pull out troops because 'Israel'.

Now that the major networks have announced to carry the dem response by Chuck and Nancy (which is the right choice imho bc of course they ll be the ones to get vilified) - I hope they find a way to make it succinct and easy to understand with at least one line that will command all the attention of the press so Trump gets drowned out and regrets making his speech for the rest of his miserable life. They should at least mention eminent domain and taking land away from Americans to show the hypocrisy of it all, as well as the pulling of funds from DoD which is likely to be the plan.

BUT most Americans will have fallen asleep before Trump is done and Im not sure how Chuck and Nancy will do in trying to come across as likeable. I hope they don't pull a Hillary and get all arrogant about it.

The best we can probably hope for is that Trump goes off script.

Last edited:

Sounds about right. He’s going to relish tonight...the control, the power to hit prime time tv at his will, that lovely large audience hanging on his every word and the inevitable manipulating words and blame.

"The best ratings for any president taking unilateral control of broadcasting time"

It's like a boxing match for him, with cheap promotion flying around and everything.

"Give me $500k for some Wall thing that I'm doing, that'll make the Democrats take notice." But people are stupid and will fall for this bullshit. It's the same as the people who post things on Reddit like "Smash that upvote button if you want the Google searches for 'Pikachu' to come up with this picture of a mouse painted yellow lololol".

Yeah, no.

Cant believe all the networks are covering this. They're complicit, like allowing abuse to continue because uncle Gary's just gets a bit angry some days.

Hopefully it's the car crash we anticipate, but I'd imagine he's just going to massively lie, and the media have yet to work out a way to counter it.

They're putting ratings and profits above all. I saw an article earlier on FB citing when the networks refused to carry an Obama speech due to overtly political message, however, I was not able to read the reason behind such.

"Nobody knows more than me about nothing!"

As Senator King said. Trump will need to provide specifics at least about what and where and how it will cost this money.
He wont have that.
And Trump will lie as usual.
This is going no where.

The Rebuttals of the Democratic leaders and Bernie will be specific and his 'wall' will go no where.

Will he surprise the country tonight with a bombastic announcement? I think that he might just do that (and, I’m not talking about declaring NE).

:lol: so true. Let's start a bingo card of things he's likely to say and do.

I'll start,

He'll say "believe me" and "billions and billions"
"Noone" "some verb" "like I do"
Fake news
Tangential rant about Kazakhstan, unrelated to anything previously said
Hillary
Mattis being incompetent
Greatest election in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.