The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would not be surprised if he was to announce a National Emergency during his address.

Is he really allowed to make up a national emergency? This is new levels of crazy.

'Humanitarian crisis'. What a despicable lot.
Exactly the way I feel about this. The Dems will be too nice though to turn this around again to say clearly Trump cares more about spending money on helping foreigners rather than spending the money on Americans like the repubs would do. You know it d be a super easy way to set up Trump to deny its for humanitarian reasons and instead just about "national security".

I hate to say it bc I didn't want to think we d end up there but Ocasio Cortez and the likes must continue to recognize a large part of the population lives on soundbites for their news. Too long have Dems claimed they were the only educated ones. I've met just as many on "this" side that I consider to be educated that have no clue about 90% of the things going on.

I mean, it comes as no real surprise, but...

we-got-him-john-oliver.gif

Does he usually make an announcement about giving a prime time TV speech or is he up to something here?
He s up to something if that something is making the Dems look like heartless meanies with their base and look weak on national security to the other side. Politically it appears pretty smart. Full of falsehoods and lies I'm sure, but smart nonetheless. Expect sad stories about immigrant families not getting fed etc. while lawless murderous terrorists roam the lands trying to use those poor families. Hell he ll probably turn the story of the dead kid around and use it as "proof" that with the billions it could ve been prevented.

9pm is prime sitcom time for those who still watch cable. Just wait til he starts demanding the FCC force his speeches to interrupt on demand streaming services too.

NBC as reported that only six immigrant terrorists stopped in 2018 on the border. Bit short of 4,000

NBC as reported that only six immigrant terrorists stopped in 2018 on the border. Bit short of 4,000

4,000 is the number of people on the global terror list who were stopped at all US airports. That's where he's getting that number.

We laugh at him.

He is getting exceedingly dangerous to this country.
The House Democrats are the only ones who can hold him in check.
Hope the Dems don't give up on the wall. The public opinion must see it's all Trump fault for holding the nation back for a stupid fecking wall.

That’s actually a lot.

Chris Wallace says in his interview with SHS that people are stopped or detained if they are flying in from a country on the terror list or from a country that has produced terrorists. So if that's true, then it's actually a really, really small number.

4,000 is the number of people on the global terror list who were stopped at all US airports. That's where he's getting that number.

Trump's Administration was claiming that the 4,000 were stopped at the southern border until Sarah Sanders was fact checked on it.

Trump's base not happy again.

Doesnt Ann Coulter realize that anyone feckwitted and cnutish enough to like her and even follow her on twitter, is by definition a Trumper? She gets blasted by the maga crowd under her tweets.

He was elected in part to build this thing. Now he said Mexico would pay for it but you aren't going to say declaring an emergency will do it. There's a lot of back and forth. Just like when he brought Nancy and that guy in front of the cameras and they 'talked'. There was no way it would accomplish anything, other then to show the general attitudes in government etc. I'm shocked actually that people aren't asking, when did illegals coming into your country become a good thing or perhaps rather acceptable? This let them all in attitude by Europe and America is insanity. But Anns wrong I think because a wall stopping the illegal immigration AND the drugs is surely a good aid. I mean, 5 billion is nothing. The day before 9/11 rumsfeld said there was 2.3 TRILLION missing from the pentagon and that's increased. Where is the money going? And where is the concern? I back anyone that pledges to do something with people wanting it, not just to get elected but because it's shown statistically to have an effect. I think Trump wants to personalize these things to bring home to people those protecting the borders are people too and they are legally in the country. Because the media is personalizing the illegal immigrants and focusing on the kids and it's shown to not really care for the people legally there legally or going through processing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.