The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread about the media failing to combat the nonsense Trump spews in comparison to John Oliver and Trevor Noah

'Failing white Republican woman, whose ratings are terrible' etc etc.

Wouldnt it be more indicative of insider trading if he had of bought stock in US based steel companies? Selling shows he had zero clue what was about to happen, or am I reading that wrong?

No because he already held those shares and their value was going to drop after Trumps announcement regarding tariffs. He would have lost millions by holding on to his shares.

Wouldnt it be more indicative of insider trading if he had of bought stock in US based steel companies? Selling shows he had zero clue what was about to happen, or am I reading that wrong?

I don't think it matters if its an American company or not. Its the global fluctuation on the price of steel and how it would affect various companies in the supply chain that matters. If Icahn knew about Trump's decision then he could be in trouble.

Of course he knew. Big mouth probably inadvertently tolda few others too..... Follow the money.

No because he already held those shares and their value was going to drop after Trumps announcement regarding tariffs. He would have lost millions by holding on to his shares.
Of course, it was a steel dependent company, not a steel manufacturer. I did read it incorrectly. 3:20am...

I don't think it matters if its an American company or not. Its the global fluctuation on the price of steel and how it would affect various companies in the supply chain that matters. If Icahn knew about Trump's decision then he could be in trouble.

Given that Trump tends to phone his confidants in the middle of the night to 'bounce ideas' off them and rant about his job, it seems fairly likely that this tariff idea had been discussed.

The guy is playing with fire.

BMW - SC
Mercedes - Alabama
Volkswagen - Tennessee

All employing thousands of people in “Trump country”. All leading to massive amounts of knock on economic activity employing thousands more people by them being there.

The guy is playing with fire.

BMW - SC
Mercedes - Alabama
Volkswagen - Tennessee

All employing thousands of people in “Trump country”. All leading to massive amounts of knock on economic activity employing thousands more people by them being there.

I'd expect the market to tank again once all of this is fully digested.

It's crazy to think he's still got just under 3 years to go as POTUS. Still so much time for him to completely lose his fecking mind, if that is even possible.

I'd expect the market to tank again once all of this is fully digested.

If that happens, he’ll lose more of his corporate backers. Its not just the obvious like CEO’s of companies directly impacted by these decisions, it’s the shareholders and collateral that get dragged down with it.

As you said earlier, it’s unravelling and he’s losing the plot. It was always going to happen when you have a leader who’s only interest is number one. It’s compounded by the fact he surrounded himself by others with the same attitude.

My prediction from here is that the more moderate conservatives will start to abandon him and look towards Pence as they realise he’s not the one to look after their agenda and is becoming a liability.

US car manufacturers make it impossible to sell their cars by generally being monumentally shit compared to their European counterparts, but okay Donald...

Their main issue is that they are set in their ways of building for American attitudes and American roads. I.e Big engines for cheap gas on big straight roads.

Trump taking on the entire world in a trade war, probably not the wisest choice.

US car manufacturers make it impossible to sell their cars by generally being monumentally shit compared to their European counterparts, but okay Donald...
Their main issue is that they are set in their ways of building for American attitudes and American roads. I.e Big engines for cheap gas on big straight roads.

Ford do pretty well.

Ford do pretty well.

Aside from the Focus pretty much all they manufacture on US soil is parts or massive vehicles. The European style models are all manufactured in Europe and Asia. American owned, sure, but they’re very much an international company and I’d bet good money that the entire development process of their European models from conception to production happens off US soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.