The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now he's writing about himself in the third person...

playing devils advocate

I reckon there is a very good chance nothing will come of the Russian investigation. So if that is the case it really will be hours and money down the shitter
This isn't Trey Gowdy doing the same Benghazi investigation over and over. This is Robert Mueller and federal indictments. It may not lead right to Trump as that is the nature of passing the buck but his son and son in law are toast. I think trump inc will be his downfall, his family business is basically a money laundering outfit.

Everybody seems to have come begging for his (Russia's) money and attention but when asked no one anything about it. He is fecking delusional, past the point where a person can function in normal society, yet he is the president.

Massive meltdown over the tweet on the morning shows. The President of the United States basically suggesting a prominent female Senator was prepared to give him sexual favors in exchange for campaign contributions.

Everybody seems to have come begging for his (Russia's) money and attention but when asked no one anything about it. He is fecking delusional, past the point where a person can function in normal society, yet he is the president.

When Russia realizes that backing him was a dead end and he's eventually out of office, his empire would crumble. Give it time.

When Russia realizes that backing him was a dead end and he's eventually out of office, his empire would crumble. Give it time.
Hopefully. Congress has already passed more sanctions on Russia that he criticized and has yet to sign. He is definitely caught in the middle and no matter what way he steps he is fecked.

I dont get the "USED" bit at the end of his tweet?
Very disloyal to Bill and 'Crooked Hilary' Clinton, clearly. Not clear what he is hinting at apart from that this Gillibrand woman offered him - in his office - something in return for campaign donations. How can he get away with that?

EDIT: And he is saying that now she is being 'used', apparently by his enemies? That's my guess.

Last edited:
Ok indicating that someone 'would do anything' doesn't equate to sexual assault/harassment...

Impressive? What did she do that was impressive? I can only recall her 4th of July comments, that were panned.
Exactly.... I'm guessing lots of people look electable now (based on comparisons to the corrupt cnuts that have made it to the top), the new normal. Y'all need to learn from this not head down the same road that's been shown up for what it is. Have higher standards, expect more from your politicians...

Is it just me, or is the number of posts per day in this thread decreasing? Are we finally growing dulled and resigned with the Trump shit show?
Yes. I still read but I'm not as engaged as I used to be, and even when I'm shocked I can't be bothered to comment most of the time...

Holy feck did he just suggest she offered him sex?

No, he suggested that she offered something substantial. It could be sex or smuggling drug into the US or rigging elections or assassinating someone, anything.

Whatever it was it is a despicable statement to make about a member of government.

It is, I am still trying to wrap my head around it, it's the type of attitude that you expect from the worst political people on earth, autocrats and other criminal-politicians.

Ok indicating that someone 'would do anything' doesn't equate to sexual assault/harassment...

Disagree with that. In the context of the current discussion that he himself is now part of in relation to sexual assault etc, it's spectacularly poor wording of whatever the hell he was trying to insinuate and DOES sound pretty bad.

It is, I am still trying to wrap my head around it, it's the type of attitude that you expect from the worst political people on earth, autocrats and other criminal-politicians.

It's a new low for me. I like to think that with every vile tweet such as this he simply strengthens the will of those who are working to bring him down. And it will happen.....no man with the amount of enemies that Trump has, and continues to generate, can survive the long term. Deliciously his narcissm and his lack of intelligence leaves him blind to it.

Disagree with that. In the context of the current discussion that he himself is now part of in relation to sexual assault etc, it's spectacularly poor wording of whatever the hell he was trying to insinuate and DOES sound pretty bad.
Yeah, the "she'd do anything for..." thing has a pretty well understood implication. "She's a whore."

He'll wiggle out of it because of the technical ambiguity though, as per.

It's a new low for me. I like to think that with every vile tweet such as this he simply strengthens the will of those who are working to bring him down. And it will happen.....no man with the amount of enemies that Trump has, and continues to generate, can survive the long term. Deliciously his narcissm and his lack of intelligence leaves him blind to it.

The problem is that it also strengthen his supporters backing because while that type of tweets are basically what you would expect from a Zuma, Mugabe or El Chapo, he has been elected on that platform.

...it's spectacularly poor wording of whatever the hell he was trying to insinuate and DOES sound pretty bad.
I agree here... But the tweet's too ambigous, It could be what you all assume (reasonable assumption too), but it's still an assumption about what you think he specifically means.

Massive meltdown over the tweet on the morning shows. The President of the United States basically suggesting a prominent female Senator was prepared to give him sexual favors in exchange for campaign contributions.

Trump's Tweet is so childish that even Roy Moore would date it.

playing devils advocate

I reckon there is a very good chance nothing will come of the Russian investigation. So if that is the case it really will be hours and money down the shitter
Charges have already come out of the investigation, but I think Muller is going to bring more.

I guess we'll begin impeachment proceeding as soon as McConnell gets primaried by a Bannon acolyte in Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.