The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the late night stuff is really cringe tbh. Doing those solo opinion pieces is well and good but man without Trump a lot of these guys would have nothing to talk about. Talk shows are meant to be light entertainment to get away from the usual. We're in a climate where being apolitical is not really a thing anymore but that doesn't we have to hear from every man and his dog what their politics. Fallon was the one who didn't really go down that route and I know he got a lot of stick for it which I think is over the top. But he's started to now....

.....That 'thank you' segment for Hillary :wenger:

Americans do love the old sycophantic good vs evil act and I think shit like that contributed to Trump's win. Apart from Russians/racists/far right, there are ordinary folk who simply voted for him because they're tired of being isolated because they're not in the metropolitan bubble. These people include Obama-Obama-Trump voters who certainly can't be accused of being racist.

Jimmy Dore is the only comedian doing political topics worth watching imo but he is mostly angry. Calls out the warmongering and neo liberal bullshit in the corporate media which are employers of other comedians though. Some John Oliver segments are ok too.

Some of the late night stuff is really cringe tbh. Doing those solo opinion pieces is well and good but man without Trump a lot of these guys would have nothing to talk about. Talk shows are meant to be light entertainment to get away from the usual. We're in a climate where being apolitical is not really a thing anymore but that doesn't we have to hear from every man and his dog what their politics. Fallon was the one who didn't really go down that route and I know he got a lot of stick for it which I think is over the top. But he's started to now....

Americans do love the old sycophantic good vs evil act and I think shit like that contributed to Trump's win. Apart from Russians/racists/far right, there are ordinary folk who simply voted for him because they're tired of being isolated because they're not in the metropolitan bubble. These people include Obama-Obama-Trump voters who certainly can't be accused of being racist.
Not the late show hosts' fault your president is a complete clown.

Been listening to Jim Jefferies podcast about his TV show. He says every week he and his team have it set up to not have a show around Trump but then the Moron in Chief who says or does something that suddenly becomes the main talking point.

If Trump keeps giving, you can't expect the late night show hosts to ignore it.

Been listening to Jim Jefferies podcast about his TV show. He says every week he and his team have it set up to not have a show around Trump but then the Moron in Chief who says or does something that suddenly becomes the main talking point.

If Trump keeps giving, you can't expect the late night show hosts to ignore it.

Trevor Noah, John Oliver and Stephen Colbert have all said this time and time again. John Oliver has made a point out of how impossibly far Trump has lowered the bar. They can't do right for wrong and would be slammed for ignoring it all. Trump knows this, loves this and uses it all to his advantage, but ultimately it could and hopefully will be his downfall.

Not the late show hosts' fault your president is a complete clown.

a) I'm not American
b) I know he's a clown

Never said it's their fault. I respect what Kimmel does with his solo pieces to bring down repeal and replace and generally those are very good. Attempting to divert a conversation with guests towards Trump is overkill. Some of them clearly want to avoid it. Fawning over a bad candidate just because she was the lesser of the two.....Al Gore didn't get such a reaction.

I think Trump's a disgrace and the GOP will go down on the wrong side of history for this time period 100%. That doesn't mean the other side are good-doers.

I'm a Brit and I like the fact we don't treat political parties like sports teams. We scrutinize ourselves, not just demonize the others. But I guess a parliamentary system makes that far more easier than a presidential system.

Excellent post.

Asking comedians to lay off Trump is like asking peanut butter to lay off toast.

The real question here is; is he wearing suit trousers with turn ups?

:lol: He really is the most poorly dressed billionaire/world leader on the planet. He can't wear a tie properly, his suits are always really ill fitted and look either too baggy, too tight or just wrong. He also has little variation in any of his attire, shirts, ties or suits, it's fecking criminal to be honest. Also, I rarely, if ever notice a watch. Piss poor imho.

:lol: He really is the most poorly dressed billionaire/world leader on the planet. He can't wear a tie properly, his suits are always really ill fitted and look either too baggy, too tight or just wrong. He also has little variation in any of his attire, shirts, ties or suits, it's fecking criminal to be honest. Also, I rarely, if ever notice a watch. Piss poor imho.

I've seen better dressed substitute teachers.

The tight ties would make sense if he's into autoerotic asphyxiation.

'Trump rolls back Obama's trousers'

Not surprising, the way he treated and disrespected the locals and the area before he was elected was bad enough. They absolutely despise him in Scotland, and if he bothered to check he would see his approval numbers around the world, especially Europe, are pathetic. He's barely in to 20% in many countries. Channel 4 did a great documentary on Trump and his Scottish golf course.

It'd be glorious if his precious golf courses went bust.

It's a distinct possibility here, golf is the fastest shrinking sport in the UK, possibly the world. Expensive course memberships and fees and the fact it usually takes a good 5 hours to play a round. Golf was at a high but is on a huge decline and couple that with Trump's disputes with the locals and the whole wind farm argument and it's no surprise he's losing money. in Scotland. As I said, there's a great documentary on his ownership of Scottish golf courses, it really delves in to why Trump is so disliked because of the way he treated the locals after he bought the course.

Why do I get a feeling that Trump's team will sacrifice some pawn and then claim to be cleared by the investigations..

It’s not really Trump’s choice about who to sacrifice. If the path of culpability leads back to him then Mueller will have him checkmated irrespective of how many of his subordinates are guilty.

Sixth time this month now that he's implicated only violence will work against them. And I guess there was the 'silence before the storm', but that one seemed more like bloating than anything specific.

October 10th is Party Foundation Day in North Korea, with rumours of another missile launch planned around that time.

Trump's last weeks were terrible and it really looks like the wheels are coming off for him. Even scarier, he could be well aware that there's a good chance he'll be found guilty of something like obstructing justice.

Logic dictates this is not going to end well.

Kimmel needs to slow his roll, I love the guy and what he's doing but he's spreading himself way too thin by taking a stand on every issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.