The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOWZERS! The Pats.......... Trump will be pissed :lol: I hope people know this is a joke.....

Do the Trump base watch NFL and NBA. If they do I bet they're torn on what to say.

At a guess probably way more NASCAR fans, but I should imagine a huge percentage watch and love all sports, but especially American Football. Although, that's judging by stereotypes and guesswork :lol:

Taking on the NFL and NBA isn't a good move Donald.. Talk about going up against two domestic power houses.

America cares way too much about flags. Making children pledge allegiance to it before school every day is something they do in totalitarian regimes, or dystopian fiction.

WOWZERS! The Pats.......... Trump will be pissed :lol:

At a guess probably way more NASCAR fans, but I should imagine a huge percentage watch and love all sports, but especially American Football. Although, that's judging by stereotypes and guesswork :lol:

I think he would be more than ok with a statement like that. :)

WOWZERS! The Pats.......... Trump will be pissed :lol: I hope people know this is a joke.....

Kraft and Drumpf are best buds, so I'm sue this wont go down well.

I think you guys should read the tweet :lol:

Edit: stupid white text!

America cares way too much about flags. Making children pledge allegiance to it before school every day is something they do in totalitarian regimes, or dystopian fiction.

I agree completely. I also find it fecking strange why everyone needs one outside their house. I mean does everyone forget where they are all the time? It's bizarre.

I think the Warriors should go & visit Obama instead. I’m sure they’d prefer that & Trump’s meltdown would be beautiful.

I think the Warriors should go & visit Obama instead. I’m sure they’d prefer that & Trump’s meltdown would be beautiful.

I was thinking, does it have to be the White House or is the trip to specifically meet the/a President?

Kneeling against Trump’s gon’ spread like wildfire.

All a Knee against Trump will do (and i betcha, most of the NFL will doit tomorrow) is get more organizations against him and it's again a case of Trump against the Establishment because y'know, a billionaire who inherited his money and has golden towers all over the world is definitely not part of the Establishment

Kneeling against Trump’s gon’ spread like wildfire.
Trump may have finally united America. Bet he didn't think it would be against him. That's what happens when you target institutions people love more than their country.

Hopefully Theresa May says something about the Premier League soon.

There are definitely problems with the NFL, but the owners are right in that sport should be a neutral platform for a positive exchange of ideas.

Same as with food, like taco salad for instance.

When did Iran suddenly enter the NK Reality TV show Nonsense? it's almost as if Trump is just making shit up.

I think I remember hearing on a podcast that NK got some important nuclear knowledge or material or something from some Iranian scientists a long time ago which enabled them to reach where they are now. Beyond that I've no idea what the connection is.

Donald Trump has tried to buy a NFL team for a long time. It is the reason why he bought a team in the USFL and pushed to have them compete against the NFL(he was hoping it would lead to a NFL/AFL type merger). He failed to buy the Buffalo Bills in 2014.

I think Don's done a Ray Finkle with this one. LACES OUT DON, laces out!

We have had the head of the NFL, now here's the Commissioner of the NBA....

Well here we go. Some noise. These people start to rock the boat and people love their sports teams. The beginning of the end? Are people starting to care do to possible war?

Wouldn't it be great if he went down due to a sports team

Ahem, Mr. President...
C1yTAO3VEAAS3-g.jpg:large

I agree completely. I also find it fecking strange why everyone needs one outside their house. I mean does everyone forget where they are all the time? It's bizarre.

We have a fair amount of that here, tbf. Especially in peripheral towns. Nationalism tends to take hold in parochial places lacking their own strong identity, where latching onto some mythical shared history is essentially a substitute for self worth or achievement. You can spot a hard Brexiter by the Union Jack in their social media profile, way before you read the incoherent bile in their status, but we do largely tend to view that kind of patriotism sceptically. Unless there's a Royal wedding, or some other such nonsense. America however has always been way more overt and embracing of it than almost any other First World county, even during Democratic administrations. It's always felt ominously inevitable that it would one day sweep a bastard to power. We just never imagined it would be so soon, or that he would be this bad...Or dumb.

It is kind of interesting to see where the deplorables will fall in this battle though. I see loads of them on Twitter promising to boycott watching sports if athletes continue to take up arms against Trump (and the flag. ALL HAIL THE FLAG!!) But how long will they genuinely last in a Trumpian paradise where all their favourite shows and sports are off limits? There's surely only so much country music anyone can endure before snapping?

Last edited:
Does this mean the people have finally had enough? Could sports undermine a presidency through the will of the people?
It seems possible. That would be amazing. True democracy through sport. You'd be anonymous but the voice of the many come from a dolphin. A lion. A bear. Oh my.

Does this mean the people have finally had enough? Could sports undermine a presidency through the will of the people?
It seems possible. That would be amazing. True democracy through sport. You'd be anonymous but the voice of the many come from a dolphin. A lion. A bear. Oh my.

Doubt it. This latest controversy will end up dying away relatively quickly and something else will happen, which people will focus their attentions on.

Seems fairly obvious where Jerry Jones stands when reading responses from Garrett, Lee, Smith, etc.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...cluding-cowboys-mavs-respondedto-donald-trump

"We have an approach that we believe in," Garrett said. "I have no real comment beyond that."

Does Garrett not have an opinion on what Trump said?

"I just don't think it's in anyone's best interest for me to comment on that," he responded.

Sean Lee, LB: "I don't agree with the comments. I love my teammates like brothers. To be honest, that's all I'm going to say on that."

Jaylon Smith, LB: "I don't agree with his comments. But I love my team. Really no other comment than that. I don't agree with it."

I'm assuming someone has already pointed out the irony of the individualist, Randian Libertarian right getting outraged at the possibility of private citizens refusing to conform to collectivist obedience, under the threat of punishment?

I mean, someone's riffed on that already yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.