Television The Boys

Still wondering how Butcher kidnapped Neumann's fella, chopped off his leg cleanly, placed the leg for the CIA to find while keeping him in a place nobody could find him.
Also why didn't Neumann just head pop the sheep?

Really lazy writing to have Neumann there with the sheep and her not doing anything, especially as she popped a chicken 2sec after they started attacking them.

The level of writing is plummetting episode by episode it seems.

Farm scene was stupid.

Ryan’s voice is ruining every scene he’s in.

Still wondering how Butcher kidnapped Neumann's fella, chopped off his leg cleanly, placed the leg for the CIA to find while keeping him in a place nobody could find him.
Also why didn't Neumann just head pop the sheep?

Agree on the first part, no idea how he was meant to do that.

I did think that but there was so many of them that she didn’t have time to head pop all of them.

Agree on the first part, no idea how he was meant to do that.

I did think that but there was so many of them that she didn’t have time to head pop all of them.
She's also seemingly invulnerable though if a bullet to the head did nothing what's a flying sheep gonna do to her?
I hate thinking too much about this season because the writing has really fallen off a cliff

"This man is in no condition to feck a sheep."

Frenchie has had some mediocre story lines this season but that line and the delivery was gold. :lol:

Watched the first two episodes of the new season, pretty awesome stuff - I think the review bombing is down to it having plenty of parallels with Trump and Homelander, which the incel cultists don't like.

Watched the first two episodes of the new season, pretty awesome stuff - I think the review bombing is down to it having plenty of parallels with Trump and Homelander, which the incel cultists don't like.

It's had that plus general mockery of the right wing for 4 seasons now. It took a while for a lot to cotton on so I doubt it's that.

It's had that plus general mockery of the right wing for 4 seasons now. It took a while for a lot to cotton on so I doubt it's that.

That's very true but didn't Kripke say anyone complaining about it being too woke can basically do one?

He said that just as the new series started and then massively negative reviews started flooding in.

That's very true but didn't Kripke say anyone complaining about it being too woke can basically do one?

He said that just as the new series started and then massively negative reviews started flooding in.

I guess can never rule it out but personally I think it has dipped a little so far this season.

Just read it’s because the poor kid is going through puberty and his voice hasn’t dropped yet.

Your stages of puberty being forever preserved on one of the biggest shows in the world must be hellish.

Brilliant episode, probably the best of the season. I just binged Gen V again the last few days so the Tek Knight scene was especially hilarious.

More Tek Knight was fun. The funniest part was Hughie desperately trying to find safe words. I legit laughed there. A train is on thin ice I mean a grizzly death is in his future but I think redemption first. Sage is in an interesting place. I would kind of like to see more uses of her brilliance and less reliance on dumbing her down so the plot can go forward. She knows what her weakness is someone of her brilliance with full access to Vaught now I would like to see her countering some of these attacks more.

Now even Firecracker who she put in her place is gearing up to get revenge. Sage should be ready for whatever that idiot comes up with.

Why is this show obsessed with showing mens arses and willys? I'm far from prude but the gross-out stuff this season has just been too much and not all that funny.

Brilliant episode, probably the best of the season. I just binged Gen V again the last few days so the Tek Knight scene was especially hilarious.

Easily the worst episode of the whole show for me :lol: episode 5 and it feels like absolutely nothing has happened again. Spent like 30 Minutes on Hughie being sexually assaulted because..?

Why is this show obsessed with showing mens arses and willys? I'm far from prude but the gross-out stuff this season has just been too much and not all that funny.
I've mentioned this in a separate thread about nudity on TV. I think certain programmes are trying to almost 'redress the balance' after years of female sexualisation on tele. It almost feels like they're saying "ha! Take that, you perpetrators of the male gaze. Now you have to look at some male arses and dicks. Not so nice when the tables are turned, ey?" That scene in Gen V where the woman turns tiny and starts climbing up a bloke's erect penis was one of the more bizarre examples.

Like GOT always having to have exposition scenes in a local brothel.

I've mentioned this in a separate thread about nudity on TV. I think certain programmes are trying to almost 'redress the balance' after years of female sexualisation on tele. It almost feels like they're saying "ha! Take that, you perpetrators of the male gaze. Now you have to look at some male arses and dicks. Not so nice when the tables are turned, ey?" That scene in Gen V where the woman turns tiny and starts climbing up a bloke's erect penis was one of the more bizarre examples.
I think this is it. Things a show could not ever get away with before premium cable and Streaming in shows they now push the balance and try to see where the new boundaries may be.

The last 2 episodes have been.... Whacky for the sake of it. Not a fan. Hope the next one gets back on track

I feel like a lot of this show now is just...

34023201._SX540_.png

Fecking lay off the "wacky sex stuff lolz."

Does the comic have the same regular forays into penis, arse and general bodily fluid gross out stuff?

Feels like you could probably fill a good 3-4 episodes from the seasons so far just with bizarre fetish scenes.

Does the comic have the same regular forays into penis, arse and general bodily fluid gross out stuff?

The comic is worse for that stuff

This is the only comic adaptation where pretty much everyone who has read it is glad that they not only toned it down but also massively changed the original storylines (because they were so stupid).

Feels like you could probably fill a good 3-4 episodes from the seasons so far just with bizarre fetish scenes.
It never felt so egregious before though. Like MM being choked by the 10 foot long dick was funny.

You can show a tiny man crawling inside a penis, a tiny woman climbing a penis and a human centipede rimming session but they won't show Firecracker's crackers? No fair.

If I remember right in the comics at Herogasm some supes were injecting heroin mixed with crushed aborted foetuses and Queen Maeve's vaginal mucus.

You can show a tiny man crawling inside a penis, a tiny woman climbing a penis and a human centipede rimming session but they won't show Firecracker's crackers? No fair.

If I remember right in the comics at Herogasm some supes were injecting heroin mixed with crushed aborted foetuses and Queen Maeve's vaginal mucus.
Maeve’s vaginal secretions and heroin should be enough to get anyone off.

Yeah does feel wacky for the sake of wacky at the minute. The plot progress to scene ratio is way off.

Also shows how pointless Frenchie has become that when Kimiko was asking to see a prisoner I was thinking “who could that be”. I only clocked on the second scene of her asking because I completely forgot he was in the show.