Television The Boys

Good episode. Anthony Starr had me rolling.
IMG-20240711-205312.jpg
Need a gif of this

Ugh, people are way too negative. Here, House of the Dragon, etc. Not every show can hit home runs every episode of every season. Yes, the Boys spins its wheels a bit when it comes to characters dying but its still solid writing/cast/comedy/etc and they have an end goal in mind. This show makes me laugh every episode

Anyone watch the S4 finale yet? Thoughts? I'll probably only be watching it tomorrow.
Certainly a curve ball at the end, will be interesting to see how the good guys get out of this. Ryan also looked torn between good and evil and Butcher on his own warpath. Feel there will need to be another good hum character introduced in the next season after Grace was dead. Also the way the show laughs at the MAGA crowd is quite something :lol:

Fair enough if you can see it that way but it would impact my viewing experience, personally. I won't read reviews or even watch trailers before watching something.
Yeah I get your point, bud. I don't mean to ruin it for anyone else and as @TheGame posted below, I hope everyone spoilers the feedback. I guess i'm much less annoyed if things get spoilt (to a degree) for me etc., than most.
Certainly a curve ball at the end, will be interesting to see how the good guys get out of this. Ryan also looked torn between good and evil and Butcher on his own warpath. Feel there will need to be another good hum character introduced in the next season after Grace was dead. Also the way the show laughs at the MAGA crowd is quite something :lol:
Thanks bud! That last sentence - agreed :lol: and it's been getting more and more pronounced as the seasons have gone by!

Yeah I get your point, bud. I don't mean to ruin it for anyone else and as @TheGame posted below, I hope everyone spoilers the feedback. I guess i'm much less annoyed if things get spoilt (to a degree) for me etc., than most.

Thanks bud! That last sentence - agreed :lol: and it's been getting more and more pronounced as the seasons have gone by!

Certainly after watching that Republican convention with people with bandages on their ears. Definitely a cult. :lol:

No it's grand. It's up to me to stay out of the thread. In fact I think I'll just watch it now while I 'work' from home :lol:

EDIT: It is very easy to reply in the quote with this new upgrade.

No it's grand. It's up to me to stay out of the thread. In fact I think I'll just watch it now while I 'work' from home :lol:

EDIT: It is very easy to reply in the quote with this new upgrade.
Feck, if I didn’t have meetings all day it might have been a great option for me as well, moreso when I factor in the shite weather.

Either way, I prefer watching stuff in bed, at night!

Certainly after watching that Republican convention with people with bandages on their ears. Definitely a cult. :lol:
Without a doubt a massive cult!

I fecking knew it was a worm inside Butcher! Someone here telling me it was just a tumor :rolleyes::lol:

Felt more like a mid point before the actual second half of the season than an actual finally. Wasn't expecting the last part, though not sure why they ended with them all captured, were in reality they would have all just been killed if they could be found. Particularly as I can't see why someone like Sage would keep them alive.

Lucas Hood/Homelander sounds gayer than I expected

This post (yours, quoting his) is really fecking with my browser. The video keeps expanding and contracting like three times per second.

Edit: I tried Chrome to see if the problem persisted, and while it didn't, I did get a glimpse into the terrible abyss that is no uBlock Origin. Are there supposed to be autoplaying videos that follow you down the page?

2rkgqyv.png

They should have just started this season with the last 2 episodes and gone from there. First 6 dont do anything.

Seems to be the in thing to split the final season in two (eg The Bear). Loved seeing the Gen V cameos in the end.

I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this :lol: pretty big cliffhanger for the final season, looking forward to it.

If they had filmed this episode after the Supreme Court ruling on Trump, President Singer wouldn't have gotten arrested for the tape where he tells his staff to assassinate his running mate. Sounds like an official act to me.

Good finale but an overall ok-ish season imo. They took way too long to get to certain stuff but it was still solid. Definitely too much plot armour especially with them being taken at the end there and not just killed. Kimiko finally speaks!

Solid ending, particulary the last 5 minutes setting up the final season. I guess Butcher isn't terminal any more now that he's embraced his wormy Vecna side?

The shapeshifter plot turned out kinda lame. And since when is Annie stronger than Kimiko? She killed a fecking supe so easily that had pummelled Kimiko :lol: seems so inconsistent at times. In the previous ep MM said they had to leave Deep rather than try figure out how to kill him yet in this episode we saw supes get killed as if it was nothing. Feels like the show just invents things as it goes to suit the plot direction.

The shapeshifter plot turned out kinda lame. And since when is Annie stronger than Kimiko? She killed a fecking supe so easily that had pummelled Kimiko :lol: seems so inconsistent at times. In the previous ep MM said they had to leave Deep rather than try figure out how to kill him yet in this episode we saw supes get killed as if it was nothing. Feels like the show just invents things as it goes to suit the plot direction.
Well tbf Kimiko has been “killed” multiple times by numerous people. Her thing seems to be that she just comes back alive. She never really seems to win any of her fights.

Starlight is definitely stronger at full strength which she wasn’t when they had Deep. Butch also didn’t have control of his powers during that same scene so there was literally nobody there to kill deep because a human can’t.

This seems like a very powered up Starlight. At the end she took off nowhere near a lot of electrical power at like the fastest we have seen her.. Sage's plan I mean....I guess. I wanted her to have a grand plan beyond Homelander maybe there is still potential in the next phase of whatever.

Ashley was a shock I didn't expect that. Will be interesting to see what becomes of that.

I don't get why they would all be captured though? Unless part of Sage's plan 2 is to use them in some way. Homelander ordered Deep and Noir to straight up kill them all previously. Why risk keeping any of them alive? If it is not some backdoor Sage plan this doesnt make sense. Butcher and powered up Starlight free to come get them.

A few questions which are spoilery.

Did we see what powers Ashley got?

Was Starlight about to get her powers taken away? Is that why she ran?

Was A-Train in the final episode at all?

I watched it late at night so was half asleep.

A few questions which are spoilery.

Did we see what powers Ashley got?

Was Starlight about to get her powers taken away? Is that why she ran?

Was A-Train in the final episode at all?

I watched it late at night so was half asleep.

1. No
2. No
3. No

A-Train was in it he’s just too fast for you to notice.

I was thinking about where he would rank in a top 10 with Homelander, Soldier Boy, Ryan etc. Even Noir who can fly now?

Assuming everyone agrees Firecracker’s knockers are #1.
Considering Homelander's laser beams couldn't dent Newman and Butcher ripped her in half I'd say he's well up there.

I assume it's obvious at this point Firecracker isn't actually a Supe, right? And she's just conning the system, hence why she got so sick on those meds.