Television The Boys

Got the S4 finale to watch tonight. Have enjoyed this overall and it seems it keeps ramping up the silliness.

Good fun though.

this went from mostly serious action show with occasional silliness, to a mostly silly show that is occasionally serious. the plot itself is non-existent at this point and it's all about concealing that simple fact with shock scenes. meaning, there are more farts, jerking, pissing and ass fecking jokes plus octopus, Frenchy and that silly secretary scenes than the actual superhero stuff from previous three seasons.

it's still The Boys so I'm watching it regardless, but it declined soooooo much compared to the previous seasons. watching Homelander vs Soldier Boy scenes at the end of the S3 and awaiting more of that, but only getting farts in the end... come on.

this went from mostly serious action show with occasional silliness, to a mostly silly show that is occasionally serious. the plot itself is non-existent at this point and it's all about concealing that simple fact with shock scenes. meaning, there are more farts, jerking, pissing and ass fecking jokes plus octopus, Frenchy and that silly secretary scenes than the actual superhero stuff from previous three seasons.

it's still The Boys so I'm watching it regardless, but it declined soooooo much compared to the previous seasons. watching Homelander vs Soldier Boy scenes at the end of the S3 and awaiting more of that, but only getting farts in the end... come on.

Basically what happens when you get an entire season as designated filler.

Homelanders story should never have been more than 3 seasons.

I agree with all of this. I finished season 4 last night. The shock scenes are like being bludgeoned repeatedly. The Deep screwing his octopus girlfriend, Pegg materializing in people and having them burst, Homelander ripping a dude in half, the entire Tek Knight dungeon scene, just on and on.

How did Butcher end up killing Neumann when Homeland's lasers didn't even smear her makeup?

I also feel that for the next and final season they are going to
present Ryan as basically The Omen and The Boys From Brazil combined into one. The way he killed the woman who had looked after him, his smile when the assistant slapped the shit out of the director, he's a sadist. I wonder if they're going to somehow kill Homelander in the next season only for Ryan to emerge at the end as an ever greater threat.
I hope not.

I agree with all of this. I finished season 4 last night. The shock scenes are like being bludgeoned repeatedly. The Deep screwing his octopus girlfriend, Pegg materializing in people and having them burst, Homelander ripping a dude in half, the entire Tek Knight dungeon scene, just on and on.

How did Butcher end up killing Neumann when Homeland's lasers didn't even smear her makeup?

I also feel that for the next and final season they are going to
present Ryan as basically The Omen and The Boys From Brazil combined into one. The way he killed the woman who had looked after him, his smile when the assistant slapped the shit out of the director, he's a sadist. I wonder if they're going to somehow kill Homelander in the next season only for Ryan to emerge at the end as an ever greater threat.
I hope not.
Don't forget Soldier Boy has to fit into all this too.

Was kinda bummed about Neumann, great character.

Binge watched this last week for the 1st time. What a great series. Starlight has ruined her face with plastic surgery though.
Homelander might just be my favorite character in this show.

Binge watched this last week for the 1st time. What a great series. Starlight has ruined her face with plastic surgery though.
Homelander might just be my favorite character in this show.

Ironically, he’s had as much, or more, surgery than she has.

Weird how people process that kind of stuff.

Probably not between seasons 3 and 4 though. Plastic surgery on pretty people is weird in any case, but pretty and famous people? It's even weirder.

Regardless of when a few fillers or Botox pumps went in, I find it forever disgusting that people will comment on a woman having ‘too much work’ done, while men do exactly the same and cop zero flak.

I’ve gone a few rounds with folks in this thread regarding her choices so won’t subject you to it again.

It’s gross though. Men will throw a ‘she was hotter before’ Coin into the well with zero regard. If women see a bloke that’s changed his hairline, teeth, jaw, nose, eyes, brow, cheeks. They just talk amongst themselves.

Moriarty is a better actor in the most recent season than she was in season one. Nobody says shit about it. She’s been a fulcrum of the show. She was also given make up to make her look young and new and naive in S01 and that lessened in s03 and s04. She lost a bit of weight (as most ‘stars’ do once they get rich) and her face changed.

The Incel community has jumped on a select few photos, using a heavily contoured version of her, against a deliberately puffy and somewhat juvenile version.

Not saying that’s what you did. I’ve rambled somewhat. But she’s not actually changed that much. Starr has changed just as much. The man has no frown nowadays. Hell, MM has changed most. He’s a new human after weight loss and beard trim.

This accidentally targeting of women just grates on me.

Her face changed massively between two seasons of a show, in a dramatic, eye catching and (to me at least) unattractive way. It's not odd for people to point it out, and doing so doesn't make one part of the "incel community".

Regardless of when a few fillers or Botox pumps went in, I find it forever disgusting that people will comment on a woman having ‘too much work’ done, while men do exactly the same and cop zero flak.

I’ve gone a few rounds with folks in this thread regarding her choices so won’t subject you to it again.

It’s gross though. Men will throw a ‘she was hotter before’ Coin into the well with zero regard. If women see a bloke that’s changed his hairline, teeth, jaw, nose, eyes, brow, cheeks. They just talk amongst themselves.

Moriarty is a better actor in the most recent season than she was in season one. Nobody says shit about it. She’s been a fulcrum of the show. She was also given make up to make her look young and new and naive in S01 and that lessened in s03 and s04. She lost a bit of weight (as most ‘stars’ do once they get rich) and her face changed.

The Incel community has jumped on a select few photos, using a heavily contoured version of her, against a deliberately puffy and somewhat juvenile version.

Not saying that’s what you did. I’ve rambled somewhat. But she’s not actually changed that much. Starr has changed just as much. The man has no frown nowadays. Hell, MM has changed most. He’s a new human after weight loss and beard trim.

I understand your point, and it's mostly true. It is unfair to a lot of women, especially famous women who have to fight ageism along with everything else. I think it's not true in this particular case, however.

I think Zac Effton got some sick after his surgery too to be fair.

MM though... What the actual feck. Man needs to grow his beard back. I didn't even recognise him!

I think Zac Effton got some sick after his surgery too to be fair.

MM though... What the actual feck. Man needs to grow his beard back. I didn't even recognise him!

I think Efron copped most flak from men? It really does feel like a male sickness.

If a male celebrity gets fat/thin, or too much work done, there’s not this explosion of women attempting to destroy them for it. I may hear female friends saying the odd thing. But it’s rare that they all know about it as a collective.

Maybe I’m just in the wrong spaces and hang around the wrong people.

But yeah, MM. He’s a handsome fecker without the beard. But he was full on handsomest mother fcuker with it. Maybe it’s for a role he’s shooting alongside it? Or an effort to make his decision to bow out seem sensible?

I think Efron copped most flak from men? It really does feel like a male sickness.

If a male celebrity gets fat/thin, or too much work done, there’s not this explosion of women attempting to destroy them for it. I may hear female friends saying the odd thing. But it’s rare that they all know about it as a collective.

But yeah, MM. He’s a handsome fecker without the beard. But he was full on handsomest mother fcuker with it. Maybe it’s for a role he’s shooting alongside it? Or an effort to make his decision to bow out seem sensible?

I think he's said this is just his normal weight, he bulked up for the role originally and has slowly just gone back to his regular size getting healthy.

Edit - yep
https://www.menshealth.com/uk/weight-loss/a61517219/the-boys-star-laz-alonso-40-pound-weight-loss/

You don't hear women deriding other women for having work done? I hear that way more often than men doing that actually. Well honestly, I don't hear anyone doing it much at all.

Her face changed massively between two seasons of a show, in a dramatic, eye catching and (to me at least) unattractive way. It's not odd for people to point it out, and doing so doesn't make one part of the "incel community".
You are correct. She is definitely not as attractive with her surgery. But that’s just an opinion which seems more or less the majority view. Nothing wrong with saying that or having opinions.

Let people get plastic surgery if they want, not everyone can be as pretty as us.

For me the limit is when they can no longer move their face, which seems pretty important for acting.

Let people get plastic surgery if they want, not everyone can be as pretty as us.

For me the limit is when they can no longer move their face, which seems pretty important for acting.

That’s where I’m at. Starlight is sooooo much less expressive in s4. Whatever you think about plastic surgery or opining about women’s looks; it’s distracting af, especially when you binge and then all of a sudden she looks like that and has no range in her expressions.