Television The Boys

Considering Homelander's laser beams couldn't dent Newman and Butcher ripped her in half I'd say he's well up there.

I assume it's obvious at this point Firecracker isn't actually a Supe, right? And she's just conning the system, hence why she got so sick on those meds.

She was able to produce some shitty sparkler type thing at that convention I think.

Considering Homelander's laser beams couldn't dent Newman and Butcher ripped her in half I'd say he's well up there.

I assume it's obvious at this point Firecracker isn't actually a Supe, right? And she's just conning the system, hence why she got so sick on those meds.
Homelander can control the intensity of his beams. I think he gave her just a little shot to make her show her powers, not to hurt her.

Homelander can control the intensity of his beams. I think he gave her just a little shot to make her show her powers, not to hurt her.
He didn't kill Marie either with the beam in Gen V and she and Newman supposedly have the same power as far as we know. But he may have been wanting to spare her also
I think Starlight ran at Hugie's nod to go because they needed her not to get caught or killed as well. Regroup and come save him(them)

Whole season was just a filler to pad out an extra year, it felt like. The last two episodes were the only ones where anything happened.

Frenchie's entire plot being extraordinarily pointless was nice.

Agree with most people here that it was a great ending to the episode, sets up next season really well. The previous episodes in the season were weak though.

I'm forgetting whom some of the characters were. Who was the agent guy that Butcher was imagining, I don't recall him at all. And who was the lady, aunt something, that Ryan killed at the end. How is she related to him?

I'm forgetting whom some of the characters were. Who was the agent guy that Butcher was imagining, I don't recall him at all. And who was the lady, aunt something, that Ryan killed at the end. How is she related to him?
The first was someone from Butcher's past. Grace has been in several episodes. Did you actually watch the show?

Jesus dude. My memory is terrible but she's been in it all along, on and off. She featured most heavily in S2 but I checked and she's been in 13 episodes.
The seasons are released what, every two years? If you don't do a rewatch and your memories already bad, I can imagine her being forgettable tbf.

Good finale, sets up the final season nicely. Overall this season was the worst one though.

I'd say it was only the weakest season because it had to spin its wheels a bit to set up the series finale season. The writing, acting, comedy, suspense, etc were as great as usually but some plot lines had to drag a bit. It's not like a later season Dexter or Prison Break or Sons of Anarchy or sadly, GoT

She was Aunt in name only. She took on hiding him after the boys rescued him. Ex boss of the boys but appears they split after her grand children were killed by a sup that the boys (frenchie) were supposed to be tracking. Think that's it anyway!

She was Aunt in name only. She took on hiding him after the boys rescued him. Ex boss of the boys but appears they split after her grand children were killed by a sup that the boys (frenchie) were supposed to be tracking. Think that's it anyway!

Thanks!
I'll have to rewatch the older seasons as I don't remember this bit and I find it interesting to the plot

Starlight giving Hughie shit for sleeping with the clone was bullshit too. It was her with all her memories and everything! How could he have known?

Starlight giving Hughie shit for sleeping with the clone was bullshit too. It was her with all her memories and everything! How could he have known?
I think it was more a case of her being angry that he seemed to prefer that version of Starlight, after he was drifting apart from the real one. But his response to that was that he eventually realised it wasn’t her because she lacked all the imperfections he loved about her.

I didn’t love this season but I actually liked how this bit was handled tbh. His smile after she told him he’d need to get checked for every STD was great.

Just finished this. The season lacked direction and the powers are now getting more and more inconsistent.

My thoughts:

Butcher getting that power could be interesting but I wished it would change his horrible accent

Frenchie clearly asked the showrunners that he wants to snog the beautiful Kimiko and they agreed... Only if he has some Mano e Mano sex first :lol:

The shapeshift supe was wasted. Surely have that character take over one of the boys the whole season, make us believe there's a traitor in the group and then reveal it later?

I need to see Firecrackers boobies

I was confused with Tek Knight... It's he from gen v or something?

Decent ending and I look forward to finishing this off

just finished the finale

I only started the series a few weeks ago, felt like quite a huge drop off in quality in the last season

it's always been outrageous and gratuitous but for some reason just feels like they're trying too hard now or something

took me ages to realise Homelander is Lucas Hood for some reason :lol: ... it's so obvious when you see it!

just finished the finale

I only started the series a few weeks ago, felt like quite a huge drop off in quality in the last season

it's always been outrageous and gratuitous but for some reason just feels like they're trying too hard now or something

took me ages to realise Homelander is Lucas Hood for some reason :lol: ... it's so obvious when you see it!
What? How? :lol: he plays him the exact same only embracing the sadictic side more.

She started the Boys to try and take down the supes. She recruited Butcher, MM, and Frenchie but quit when her grandchildren were killed.

Rewatching this and on S2 right now. The difference in quality of the first two to the latest is pretty vast.

Hopefully the setup for S5 will make for a strong finish. I am half expecting a bit of a drag for the first few episodes though, considering they all got captured and will likely spend time getting out and reconvening.

Agree to a point but that prequel could be decent… a dark Cap America/Red Skull type thing
Maybe, but it's hard to do a prequel to a show that already is rudderless, because we "know the ending" and they've been spinning their wheels for at least an entire season (if not two). I doubt it's like House of the Dragons (dragon house?), where it takes place in a whole different age, but who knows. Aya Cash was absolutely the worst thing about that season, though.

Watched the first 4-5 episodes of this season and it is beyond awful, to the point of probably not bothering to continue watching. This is a shame cause the first two seasons were phenomenal and the third season was in parts even better, albeit by the end of it not much has changed since the beginning.

But this one is basically Dexter 5-8 or GoT 7-8 level of fall from grace.

Last edited:
Watched the first 4-5 episodes of this season and it is beyond awful, to the point of probably not bothering to continue watching. This is a shame cause the first two seasons were phenomenal and the third season was in parts even better, albeit by the end of it not much has changed since the beginning.

But this one is basically Dexter 7-8 or GoT 7-8 level of fall from grace.

Aye, and the teaser at the end, if they carry on this seasons form they will probably waste, wait, don't read this
Soldier Boy's return

The Deep and New Black Noir being Dude, wheres my car level eejits was probably the best part of this season.

But this one is basically Dexter 5-8 or GoT 7-8 level of fall from grace.
Yeah, it's bad. I will say that the VFX and gore SFX are amazing. Antony Starr is still carrying this whole show on his shoulders, but the whole show has lost any semblance of a plot, and now it's about how many shocking images can they cram into an episode.

Crazy girl logic.

Like when your missus gets mad at you because she dreamed that you cheated on her.