Television The Boys

Good episode. Homelander still the star of the show.
what is that worm thing inside of Butcher all about? Is that what killed Stretch Armstrong?

Good episode. Homelander still the star of the show.
what is that worm thing inside of Butcher all about? Is that what killed Stretch Armstrong?
it seems to be a parasitic worm that has powers from the V. and when stretch Armstrong was choking out butcher it protected itself

it seems to be a parasitic worm that has powers from the V. and when stretch Armstrong was choking out butcher it protected itself
Is it not just his tumour?

It moves around his body like a worm I thought. We see it crawling up his spine when he's In the shower and he faints
I thought the implication was that it was his tumour, could be wrong though.

I thought the implication was that it was his tumour, could be wrong though.
Homelander called it a black parasite wrapped around his brain didn’t he? That doesn’t necessarily mean Tumour.
378b8d4e-7764-4171-a1b0-8bb21687e035_text.gif

MM has been representing this season.

It’s gone through the full arc for me.

“That tee is cool”
“Damn that man has a solid culture connection”
“It was getting boring but the MF Doom shout has won me back”
“Good lord are they making him a cartoon of a Black American”
“Honestly I don’t care because this one is dope”
“Why am I still saying dope”
“This is getting silly now”
“Give him a mic because I bet he has bars”
“He shaved the beard. Give him an Action Bronson tee for shits n giggles”

And then finally… “Please let him make at least on hip hop reference. Let him bump into Snoop or Dre and just not recognise him. Or turn off a Mobb Deep song to play Taylor Swift. Or have him light a candle on the anniversary of Dilla dying”.

I need some kind of pointless meta pay off for the heads that goes beyond his clothes.

I have thought about this a lot.

I’m three eps into the new season and still enjoying it, even if it is treading water again. Some of the scenes are still so fun. Also that sauna bit :lol:

Also Karen Fukuhara is amazing.

Thought it was quite clear his mum injected the V whilst he was out of the room.

Thought it was quite clear his mum injected the V whilst he was out of the room.
That's what I thought too, seemed obvious when I watched it. She went to hug Hughie but she probably just wanted to pickpocket the V. You could tell when she walked in the room that she saw him put it in his pocket.

That's what I thought too, seemed obvious when I watched it. She went to hug Hughie but she probably just wanted to pickpocket the V. You could tell when she walked in the room that she saw him put it in his pocket.

Would be a bit mad to introduce his mum as some Machiavellian plotter at this point. I know she’s technically on board with the Vought Avon/Herbalife sales. But it would be very odd for her to have done that.

Only really validated if we see Simon Pegg get some outsized power like the Ant-Man chick from Gen V, but with Homelander powers. Or be indestructible and able to fly, Then use his 2-3 doses as means to fly Homelander into the Sun.

Honestly I'm still enjoying the show, the only thing that continues to grate me is Butcher's terrible cockney caricature - 'ya know foosball, me and me bruv used to play it down the pub you cheeky cnut'. I get Karl Urban is a Kiwi and I'm a big fan of his acting, but his take on a rowdy Englishman leaves a lot to be desired :lol:
This has blown my mind, never thought for a second he was supposed to be a cockney let alone an Englishman....

Would be a bit mad to introduce his mum as some Machiavellian plotter at this point. I know she’s technically on board with the Vought Avon/Herbalife sales. But it would be very odd for her to have done that.

Only really validated if we see Simon Pegg get some outsized power like the Ant-Man chick from Gen V, but with Homelander powers. Or be indestructible and able to fly, Then use his 2-3 doses as means to fly Homelander into the Sun.
I think the stranger thing would be if his mom was just depressed and left and now she's back. No underlying story other than that would be anticlimactic and honestly boring. Why would we need her when we could have just gotten more of his dad if they wanted a family story for Hughie. If she has no extra complications, and it doesn't have to be (evil) then it's just not necessary for a 4th season intro.

It’s gone through the full arc for me.

“That tee is cool”
“Damn that man has a solid culture connection”
“It was getting boring but the MF Doom shout has won me back”
“Good lord are they making him a cartoon of a Black American”
“Honestly I don’t care because this one is dope”
“Why am I still saying dope”
“This is getting silly now”
“Give him a mic because I bet he has bars”
“He shaved the beard. Give him an Action Bronson tee for shits n giggles”

And then finally… “Please let him make at least on hip hop reference. Let him bump into Snoop or Dre and just not recognise him. Or turn off a Mobb Deep song to play Taylor Swift. Or have him light a candle on the anniversary of Dilla dying”.

I need some kind of pointless meta pay off for the heads that goes beyond his clothes.

I have thought about this a lot.
image0.jpg

erm, did the kinda ‘previously on’ bit show stuff from that Gen V show? I don’t remember anything about a supe virus at a university or Neuman head popping someone in a garage.

Not going to lie, really enjoyed episode 5 :lol:

The repetitiveness of the whole show is kinda helpful, as I have completely forgotten what happened in earlier series. I think if I’d binged it in one go it might be proper boring by now.

Loved it. Action was proper action and didn't feel forced like the previous episodes. Hughie story getting a bit better, and I never get tired of Giancarlo Esposito looking ice cool.

erm, did the kinda ‘previously on’ bit show stuff from that Gen V show? I don’t remember anything about a supe virus at a university or Neuman head popping someone in a garage.
Yes

A decent, albeit ridiculous episode (the sheep :lol: not sure if that was too ott). The Hughie stuff was good yeah. Frenchie’s story is once again dull as feck after the whole Russian thing last season.

Also what is up with Starlight slightly threatening her lightning and doing feck all? It’s like someone’s turning a dimmer switch. She must’ve done it about 15 times in the show’s run.

This episode was a bit messy structurally. The farm bits needed editing. The dynamic was good having the twist of Stan and Newman mesh in with our Boys. Got the Gen V integration a bit more. But, all that meandering around the farm there should have been cuts. If you wanted the chicken scene then you cut some of the sheep stuff. It was redundant and dragged a bit. Or cut the chickens entirely.

You still get the point of that sequence everyone knows about the Gen V links, Stan and Newman resolve some issues from last season in some ways.

I liked Hughie's stuff with his dad.

Frenchie is in a weird place now. He is literally a mass murderer. Even though we like him and he's one of our Boys. I was interested in his Colin entanglement the first few episodes but after the reveal it was a dead end there was no silver lining to come out of that in a healthy way. So that guilt gets him to the end of this episode and his decision. Deserved...yes technically but do we want him in jail till the end of the series?

Gen V kids Cate got her arm back it seems? That was kind of weird. Having so many supes be able to regrow limbs is cheap.

Shame they didn't explore Hughie's V'd up dad a bit more. A potential bad guy who has no idea what's going on would have been pretty fun, just accidentally killing people whilst losing his mind, yet nobody can stop him.

The farmyard scenes were just total silliness.

Still wondering how Butcher kidnapped Neumann's fella, chopped off his leg cleanly, placed the leg for the CIA to find while keeping him in a place nobody could find him.
Also why didn't Neumann just head pop the sheep?