The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

I’m surprised that we want that much for Eriksen. Honestly thought we would just let him go for free since he came on a free transfer.

Maybe we will lower it closer to the transfer deadline.

Anyway the sporting director of Anderlecht, who is Danish, just said that it doesn’t look like a likely transfer. Fee and wages seems too big for them.

It’s the same problem with Ajax. They don’t have any money. I don’t see them paying money for Eriksen. If you look historically at their spending 5 million for Eriksen would be insane.

We might have to look for at richer club or lower our transfer fee. Eriksen isn’t going to go to some random club or the middle east. I feel like another PL club would be our best bet to get money. We need a london club to step up…

Pellistri €6m
Fish maybe £2m
Oyedele - not reported yet, but probably <€1m is my guess.

In total, probably less than €10m.

Yeah, but I mean we have done the best we can there and it is worth just getting these guys moved on. I'd still expect McT to go too, and say we get 25 million for him, would that be around 75-80 million in incoming funds for the summer? That wouldn't be bad.

Summary so far updated.

Out
Varane - Como
Martial - Free agent
Williams - Free agent
Amrabat - End of loan
Greenwood - Marseille
Wan Bissaka - West Ham
Fernandez - Benfica
McNeill - Sheff Wed
Van de Beek - Girona
Kambwala - Villarreal
Forson - Monza
Shoretire - PAOK
Pellistri - Panathinaikos
Oyedele - Legia Warsaw
Fish - Cardiff

Loan
Hugill - Wigan
Vitek - Blau-Weiss Linz

Fee Agreed
McTominay - Napoli

Surely Eriksen might go this week. Seems really quite out of favour now. Hannibal too and fingers crossed, Sancho and Lindelof.

Summary so far updated.

Out
Varane - Como
Martial - Free agent
Williams - Free agent
Amrabat - End of loan
Greenwood - Marseille
Wan Bissaka - West Ham
Fernandez - Benfica
McNeill - Sheff Wed
Van de Beek - Girona
Kambwala - Villarreal
Forson - Monza
Shoretire - PAOK
Oyedele - Legia Warsaw
Fish - Cardiff

Loan
Hugill - Wigan
Vitek - Blau-Weiss Linz

Fee Agreed
McTominay - Napoli
I update the OP with the fees as soon as a player is out. You can check that too.

So that would be around £80m in sales (inc. McTominay), that's pretty pretty good to be honest and more than I would have expected given how much work there was to do. If we can ship off Lindelof and Hannibal to add to that I'd be pretty happy. The wages off the books must be sizable even with the incomings, right?

And there's the chance for that to become more with sell ons.

You need all that for a weekend? :confused:
When you're a footballer family with fire fit (those sneakers are nice, not gonna lie)... ?

So that would be around £80m in sales (inc. McTominay), that's pretty pretty good to be honest and more than I would have expected given how much work there was to do. If we can ship off Lindelof and Hannibal to add to that I'd be pretty happy. The wages off the books must be sizable even with the incomings, right?

And there's the chance for that to become more with sell ons.

It's good especially for United standards though we only achieved that by moving a lot of players, something we won't do every year. We're getting to a point where we started building a solid core that hopefully can service us for 5-6 years while shedding a lot of fat.

It's good especially for United standards though we only achieved that by moving a lot of players, something we won't do every year. We're getting to a point where we started building a solid core that hopefully can service us for 5-6 years while shedding a lot of fat.

Yeah, it wouldn't have been achievable without the volume, but that's testament to poor squad and youth planning for years. We've been crying out for clearing of the "dead wood" for seasons and it is finally happening one way or another. Granted we'll still have some around for a while longer, but that's a product of the club's mismanagement over the years and unfortunately you have to pay a price for that.

Hopefully the talent ID and wage structure is better managed from here on out so we don't end up in such a mess again.

Summary so far updated.

Out
Varane - Como
Martial - Free agent
Williams - Free agent
Amrabat - End of loan
Greenwood - Marseille
Wan Bissaka - West Ham
Fernandez - Benfica
McNeill - Sheff Wed
Van de Beek - Girona
Kambwala - Villarreal
Forson - Monza
Shoretire - PAOK
Oyedele - Legia Warsaw
Fish - Cardiff

Loan
Hugill - Wigan
Vitek - Blau-Weiss Linz

Fee Agreed
McTominay - Napoli
This here shows that more than half of our squad are bottom half teams material.
As Mou said, look at where they play, how they play and if they play.
What an absolute joke of transfer policy.

This here shows that more than half of our squad are bottom half teams material.
As Mou said, look at where they play, how they play and if they play.
What an absolute joke of transfer policy.
That doesn’t make any sense most of this list are young. Many of our former players went on to win trophies and Mou himself has been sacked multiple times and is now in turkiye.

That doesn’t make any sense most of this list are young. Many of our former players went on to win trophies and Mou himself has been sacked multiple times and is now in turkiye.
what doesnt make sense?
The ones we cant sell are all experienced players like Casemiro, Sancho, Eriksen, Maguire, Lindelof, Anthony...

Beyond experience, Eriksen offers so little now and has really plummeted down the pecking order.

I was all for his signing seeing it as a shrewd piece of business and he did well in his first year but his legs have truly gone. He’ll obviously maintain a decent level and range of passing but if we can get a fee and his wages off the book then it makes sense - providing a midfielder comes in.

It would be great to have another midfielder in the mould of Eriksen (what the player was 2/3 years ago) - just with operational legs.
It’s the tactics. He looked like a different player in the Euros.

It’s the tactics. He looked like a different player in the Euros.
Agreed.
I think Eriksen needs a partner who is a workhorse. Someone to do his running for him. If left to just get on the ball and dictate the pace of the game, Eriksen's your man.
Unfortunately for him. Neither Casemiro or Mainoo have huge engines on them so he has defensive responsibilities when he plays for us.

This has been our most productive season in recent memory in terms of player sales. INEOS have delivered on that front and hopefully further sales next season will increase our flexibility and transfer budget even further.

Agree - I'm delighted with the volume of players leaving. Most would never get any relevant games for us.

We're starting to get too thin now, sales must follow acquisitions. Ideally, I'd like Lindelöf, Maguire, Casimiro and Erikson to go as well but we have no cover.

Ugarte for Scott and
Sterling for Sancho would be good upgrades.

I’m surprised that we want that much for Eriksen. Honestly thought we would just let him go for free since he came on a free transfer.

Maybe we will lower it closer to the transfer deadline.

Anyway the sporting director of Anderlecht, who is Danish, just said that it doesn’t look like a likely transfer. Fee and wages seems too big for them.

It’s the same problem with Ajax. They don’t have any money. I don’t see them paying money for Eriksen. If you look historically at their spending 5 million for Eriksen would be insane.

We might have to look for at richer club or lower our transfer fee. Eriksen isn’t going to go to some random club or the middle east. I feel like another PL club would be our best bet to get money. We need a london club to step up…

You wonder how Ajax can have no money given the sales they've made over the last few years.

I hope that we can squeeze a LB in even if its on the cheap

I don’t think it’s a great summer outgoing wise. It just shows how much deadwood we had that even after 9-10 outgoings, we have barely touched the squads bottom level performers.

Except AWB, I don’t think a single sale was a top priority exit. Our problem players are still around.

1. Maguire - Till he is in the club, his media friends will keep talking up his performances and putting pressure on the manager to start him. The bias is so crazy that a clear mistake by him for the first goal against Brighton was barely talked about, and pundits focussed much more on the fact that he was off the pitch for the second goal and that his sub was a mistake!

2. Sancho - He is getting a free pass to work 20% and get a salary which is 5 times his worth. And, he is a story every time he doesn’t start.

3. Antony - Complete brainless player and needs to go. Crazy how he completely loses his head and thinks that making a petulant foul in extra time when United are chasing the game is the way to go! Less said about his performances the better.

4. Casemiro - past it physically and it’s showing in his performances.

It’s no surprise that these 4 are also amongst the most expensive signings the club has made!

I really hope the Sancho deal goes through and United get to create a more cohesive dressing room.

We'd have a net spend ~100M if we manage to buy Ugarte and sell McT and Mejbri.

Seems reasonable, and seems like United always aimed for this figure this summer.

I don’t think it’s a great summer outgoing wise. It just shows how much deadwood we had that even after 9-10 outgoings, we have barely touched the squads bottom level performers.

Except AWB, I don’t think a single sale was a top priority exit. Our problem players are still around.

1. Maguire - Till he is in the club, his media friends will keep talking up his performances and putting pressure on the manager to start him. The bias is so crazy that a clear mistake by him for the first goal against Brighton was barely talked about, and pundits focussed much more on the fact that he was off the pitch for the second goal and that his sub was a mistake!

2. Sancho - He is getting a free pass to work 20% and get a salary which is 5 times his worth. And, he is a story every time he doesn’t start.

3. Antony - Complete brainless player and needs to go. Crazy how he completely loses his head and thinks that making a petulant foul in extra time when United are chasing the game is the way to go! Less said about his performances the better.

4. Casemiro - past it physically and it’s showing in his performances.

It’s no surprise that these 4 are also amongst the most expensive signings the club has made!

I really hope the Sancho deal goes through and United get to create a more cohesive dressing room.

I genuinely think we're stuck with Antony until his contract ends, can't see anyone ponying up to the level that helps the club make it clean enough under FFP. Case will have a role this year, that is very clear TBH, our best out for him was Saudi, but they clearly aren't interested now they're tightening the purse strings.

Maguire is out of contract next year isn't he? So I imagine he'll leave next summer.

Personally to do what we have I think is pretty good, the four you named I think were the longest shots to move on given their contract situations or purchase costs, or need to retain depth in their positions. We've moved on saleable assets and cleared out a huge amount of wages, and also got good sell-on percentages for young players, so there's potential future gains as well.

If we can now move on Eriksen and/or Lindelof as well Sancho I think that's a really good outcome for a first window.