The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

Ideally yes but given only one midfielder signing, I don’t think it makes sense.
We have Cas, Mainoo, Ugarte for DM/CM. We can use Collyer and Dan Gore too. Licha can cover 6 also. Bruno or Mount can cover at 8 too. We literally don’t need Christian and he would be better served going somewhere where he plays regularly.

If you're a sad case it would be interesting to see how the add-ons and sell-ons eventually fall on all these sales in the future years. Could be quite a decent chunk of change if enough things fall well.

If you're a sad case it would be interesting to see how the add-ons and sell-ons eventually fall on all these sales in the future years. Could be quite a decent chunk of change if enough things fall well.
The issue is that the public don’t have enough details / data to track this sort of funds, i.e. how much, when they come in, etc.

So frustrating we couldn't sell Maguire, would have funded Rabiot on free and could have hijacked Toney to Chelsea too but ah well

We’ve trimmed a fair bit of fat. Sancho next before the deadline, presumably.

Looking further ahead you’d think that Eriksen, Evans and Lindelof have, at most, another year at the club. Maguire and Casemiro won’t be long behind them.

Our squad is certainly the tightest it’s been in a very long time.

The issue is that the public don’t have enough details / data to track this sort of funds, i.e. how much, when they come in, etc.

Yeah, I thought that would be the case. It's a shame as, sad as I am, it's interesting to see how these things eventually play out.

We’ve trimmed a fair bit of fat. Sancho next before the deadline, presumably.

Looking further ahead you’d think that Eriksen, Evans and Lindelof have, at most, another year at the club. Maguire and Casemiro won’t be long behind them.

Our squad is certainly the tightest it’s been in a very long time.
And yet it's still bigger than City, Arsenal and Liverpool. It's been a bloated mess for years and we need to tell our managers to learn to work with a smaller squad.

And yet it's still bigger than City, Arsenal and Liverpool. It's been a bloated mess for years and we need to tell our managers to learn to work with a smaller squad.

This seems to be the direction, in fairness.

Other than Lindelof, who is behind at least four other centre halves, I don’t think there’s anybody who is unnecessarily filling up a squad place. Even Sancho could be accommodated in terms of minutes if he wasn’t such a dickhead.

It's been a good summer for outgoings.

If Lindelof and Eriksen are here for another season I don't see that as a bad thing. They'll likely pick up minutes in the Europa League and early cup rounds.

Sancho is the one remaining who we can realistically move on for decent money (both fee and wages) to hopefully then get someone else in.

Hoping that someone else isn't Sterling.

This seems to be the direction, in fairness.

Other than Lindelof, who is behind at least four other centre halves, I don’t think there’s anybody who is unnecessarily filling up a squad place. Even Sancho could be accommodated in terms of minutes if he wasn’t such a dickhead.

Even with Lindelof it is not really an issue based on the recent history of the CB position at United. Yoro won't be back for a while and all of Maguire, Martinez and De Ligt have less than stellar injury records over the last 18 months so the odds are we need the additional options back there, particularly as we sold our youth prospects for the position this summer. I still fully expect Branthwaite or A N Other left sided CB to be purchased next summer but until then I imagine ETH is going to resist any attempt to sell any other defensive players ahead of the deadline.

How can they not afford a few million for Eriksen? What the hell did they do with the €150m+ we gave them for Antony + Martinez? Booze, strippers and coke??

Straight talk though - I get it, football operations involve a lot more than just transfer fees, but still. Claiming inability to afford such a cheap player just reeks of their desire to use us (again).

How can they not afford a few million for Eriksen? What the hell did they do with the €150m+ we gave them for Antony + Martinez? Booze, strippers and coke??

Straight talk though - I get it, football operations involve a lot more than just transfer fees, but still. Claiming inability to afford such a cheap player just reeks of their desire to use us (again).
I'm not even sure why we're pricing him out the market?

He cost us nothing, we could literally let him leave for free and it's not bad for us. 1 million and we're laughing. He barely played last season despite us having loads of injuries and he's now another year older and even slower, so I'm not sure what we think he's going to offer this season when he offered absolutely nothing last season.

We should be forcing him out the door to make room for another midfielder, unless we're absolutely completely skint after the other transfers are complete, and stretched our finances to the max, I'm baffled he's staying.

I know people will say he'll refuse to leave so he can get his wages but very few players are willing to play with the reserves for a season for a paycheck. If we let him leave for free he'd be gone and he'd accept reduced wages somewhere else where he'll actually play some football.

I'm not even sure why we're pricing him out the market?

He cost us nothing, we could literally let him leave for free and it's not bad for us. 1 million and we're laughing. He barely played last season despite us having loads of injuries and he's now another year older and even slower, so I'm not sure what we think he's going to offer this season when he offered absolutely nothing last season.

We should be forcing him out the door to make room for another midfielder, unless we're absolutely completely skint after the other transfers are complete, and stretched our finances to the max, I'm baffled he's staying.

I know people will say he'll refuse to leave so he can get his wages but very few players are willing to play with the reserves for a season for a paycheck. If we let him leave for free he'd be gone and he'd accept reduced wages somewhere else where he'll actually play some football.
If they're really shopping him around for a fee it's a little rich and it's cutting any room for a Belgian or Dutch club to also pay him a signing bonus that would offset in part whatever cut he would take.

I don't think United is hell bent on selling though. Could be experience, good locker room presence and the expectation he could come in handy still this year.

Will be very happy with the outgoing transfers this year.

- awb
- varane
- will fish
- martial
-mctominay
- hannibal
-pellestri

I think it’s progress.

Will be very happy with the outgoing transfers this year.

- awb
- varane
- will fish
- martial
-mctominay
- hannibal
-pellestri

I think it’s progress.

Frustrating we couldn't sell Maguire, would have opened up opportunity to sign rotation 8 for Kobbie or a proven goalscorer

After Mctominay and Hannibal transfers, surely we’ll need some CM reinforcement if Eriksen also goes. Fofana would’ve been a smart signing, ah well.

After Mctominay and Hannibal transfers, surely we’ll need some CM reinforcement if Eriksen also goes. Fofana would’ve been a smart signing, ah well.

Eriksen out and Rabiot in makes sense, however clearly his demands whether it's wages or contract has put us off signing him

So, we did end up signing at least 5 players in the end. (Told you @croadyman :smirk: ) I predicted at least 4, but rather 5-6 as the most likely number. Hope we still get 1 more CM in tbh, be it Rabiot or someone else.

However, our net spend isn't as high as I thought it would be, thanks to the sales we've made.

I suspect we've put ourselves in a really favourable position with PSR/FFP for next summer with all these outgoings. Especially if you consider the profit made on some of the departing players: Greenwood and McTominay can be considered "pure profit", maybe AWB too since we should've paid all of the fee to Palace by the time he left (if I am mistaken, someone, please correct me), and then the smaller fees where we made profits I think on both Kambwala and Fernández, but a loss on Pellistri and VdB.

I expect a huge summer in 2025, and I think the new guys at the club already have that in mind too, and that's why we didn't go all out this summer. I know we still spent a lot, but IMO we can easily spend 300 million if our PSR situation is healthy + the cash flow is there.

Cole Palmer, Adam Wharton, and Jarrad Branthwaite, summer 2025, please. Proppa' Jimmy Brexit summer.

608fe439-b4ff-4952-9aae-fa118dd533f6.jpg
Are there reports linking us to Rabiot? I’ve been at the beach for a bit so out of the loop

Are there reports linking us to Rabiot? I’ve been at the beach for a bit so out of the loop

No, sadly not. He's just a name I think we should be looking at if we want a cheap option for the midfield, and the interest was clearly there from both sides in both 2023 and 2022. It would be a logical signing IMO.

I mean, whatever you think of the in-comings, you cant argue with the outgoings. That is excellent business. May not happen in the next year or two, but we absolutely stand a better chance of re-establishing ourselves as one of the world's best teams with this regime.

We gave them a combined 167m euros (including add ons) for Both Antony and Martinez, yet they can't offer us 5m for Eriksen, after ETH leaves, I hope we never deal with that club again.
That's what I was thinking. Where did the money go?

Frustrating we couldn't sell Maguire, would have opened up opportunity to sign rotation 8 for Kobbie or a proven goalscorer
I think Casemiro is going to play a lot of 8 this year to be honest

I mean, whatever you think of the in-comings, you cant argue with the outgoings. That is excellent business. May not happen in the next year or two, but we absolutely stand a better chance of re-establishing ourselves as one of the world's best teams with this regime.

Impressive considering we've been robbed on some of those players.

Teden Mengi sell-on clause money incoming, so it could be even better

Teden Mengi sell-on clause money incoming, so it could be even better

A good move for him although Luton have to agree first, might be a problem as they'll loose a huge % of the fee to United.