The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

This is the picture at the close of the transfer window unless we flog one or two to Saudi. Quite a big summer both in terms of incomings and outgoings.

2024/25 summer outgoings:

Released/End of Contract:
  1. Rafael Varane (CB) - End of contract
  2. Anthony Martial (FWD) - End of contract
  3. Brandon Williams (LB/RB) - End of contract
  4. Omari Forson (RW/LW) - End of contract (Tribunal Fee)
  5. Charlie McNeill (Striker) - End of contract
  6. Shola Shoretire (AM) - End of contract (~£500k)
Loans:
  1. Joe Hugill (Striker) - Wigan (League One)
  2. Radel Vitek (GK) - BW Linz (Austrian League)
  3. Rhys Bennett (CB) - Fleetwood Town (League Two)
  4. Elhy Harrison (GK) - Chester FC (Nations League)
  5. Sonny Ajolfree (CB) - Accrington Stanley (League Two)
  6. Jadon Sancho (AM) - Chelsea (PL) - Loan with an Obligation to buy @£20m-£25m
Sales:
  1. Alvaro Fernandez (LB) - £5.1m ( €6m) - Option to buy exercised by Benfica
  2. Donny Van de Beek (CM) - £423k (€500k) plus add-ons
  3. Willy Kambwala (CB) - £4.63m (€5.5m) plus £5.1m (€6m) in add-ons.
  4. Mason Greenwood (Striker) - £23.3m (€27.6m) plus £3.4m (€4m) in add-ons. Also, a sell-on clause.
  5. Aaron Wan Bissaka (RB) - £15m
  6. Will Fish (CB) - £1m rising to £3m or £4m
  7. Facundo Pellestri (RW) - £5.11m (€6m) plus 1.7m (€2m) add-ons Also, a sell-on clause.
  8. Maxi Oyedele (Cm) - £ ??
  9. Scott McTominay (CM) - £25.29m (€30m). 10% sell-on clause.
  10. Hannibal Mejbri (CM) - £5.4m plus £4m add-ons. 50% sell-on clause and a buy back clause.
Total Fees generated: ~£85.75m + add-ons.
Glad he's gone but selling Donny for 1/2m after paying 35-40m for him 4 years ago has to be one of the worst transfers in recent history.

Is it confirmed that there is no loan fee associated with Sancho deal? If there is, it should be added to sale proceeds I would have thought.

Another question re: loans of our youngsters: were all of those free loans?

Its being reported that the loan fee is £10m but I havent seen that from a reliable source yet.

First time in forever when the big clearout of deadwood actually worked/happened, and I'm happy with the outgoings overall.

We have spent around ~100M in net spend w/o taking into account addons. That's a good outcome.

We have paid aboutthe right fees for players,not way over the odds like thelast decade. Start of the window I thought we needed eight signings which was never happening.They all look like solid signings too...exeptional....maybe Yoro. onlyregret is not signinga winger (Desire Doue ideal) A solid 7/10 for buys.....but bar the Mourinho Pogba window dont think we havehad a 6 window post Ferguson.

As for out goings....good to actually see a proper clearout for once.not perfect...Lindelof and/or Maguire, Casimiro and Antony dont have a future here beyond the seasonand a 10/10 window would also have seen Rashford go for me. We were never getting rid of all of them though inone window. My only minor gripe...glad gone so no complaints, but we still undersold...Sancho £20-25m is crazy as a fee looking at other ENglish players moves in the premiership. We should be talking £50/60m more money in for our transfers out...so 8/10

Overall 7.5/10 this window which is omfortably in the short term on paper, the most pleasing window for me in over a decade.Squad looks muh stronger.My only complaint would be there were 4-5 positions needed upgrading in our first eleven this window....I think we have only hugely improved two....cb and dm,still have reservations as an attacking force this season...but we should bemuch better defensively injuries permitting

Definitely our best transfer window as it relates to sales post-Fergie. We got rid of deadwood and spent responsibly getting value in the market. It will take a few transfer windows to undo the damage of the Woodward era but tbe goal it seems is to give us flexibility to spend big in a few years if we’re close to contending for the title. It’s the type of flexibility that Arsenal gave themselves as they got rid of the deadwood from the previous era.

We have paid aboutthe right fees for players,not way over the odds like thelast decade. Start of the window I thought we needed eight signings which was never happening.They all look like solid signings too...exeptional....maybe Yoro. onlyregret is not signinga winger (Desire Doue ideal) A solid 7/10 for buys.....but bar the Mourinho Pogba window dont think we havehad a 6 window post Ferguson.

As for out goings....good to actually see a proper clearout for once.not perfect...Lindelof and/or Maguire, Casimiro and Antony dont have a future here beyond the seasonand a 10/10 window would also have seen Rashford go for me. We were never getting rid of all of them though inone window. My only minor gripe...glad gone so no complaints, but we still undersold...Sancho £20-25m is crazy as a fee looking at other ENglish players moves in the premiership. We should be talking £50/60m more money in for our transfers out...so 8/10

Overall 7.5/10 this window which is omfortably in the short term on paper, the most pleasing window for me in over a decade.Squad looks muh stronger.My only complaint would be there were 4-5 positions needed upgrading in our first eleven this window....I think we have only hugely improved two....cb and dm,still have reservations as an attacking force this season...but we should bemuch better defensively injuries permitting
Regarding the bold: tell me which club(s) are paying that fee AND taking his wages on? You can bang on about other English players fees all you like. Which English players that went for a high fee are on over 250k pw? How much did Chelsea get for the high earning Sterling?

So Eriksen may still be sold, it will drive sales proceeds and wage savings even higher.

We will rue not shoring up our left back position. We shouldn't have let Fernandez go. Shaw is class but made of glass. I wonder how much we are looking at Hermoso? Entirely different player but certainly a more affordable option than Branthwait and comes without the English tax. Maybe he could help in a couple of areas but we NEVER seem to use any of the players who were billed as multiple role players very often and when we do, it's only stop gap. Will we see more of Licha at LB or keep playing Dalot out of position? Absolutely subpar and less than optimal. To finish top four (anything less is failure) we need top playerS at EVERY position and need to END this practice of plugging holes with whatever body will work. GLAZERS OUT OUT OUT.

Great work on the clearouts tbh. Hopefully next summer we should see the likes of Maguire, Eriksen, Lindelof and Antony being shifted too, with some luck we might be able to ship off one or two in the January window. If Rashford continues being the world's best paid liability I hope they're also audacious enough to look at selling him too.

I think the incomings have been decent. Ugarte and the two CBs were much needed signings, still not convinced by Zirkzee (a striker who doesn't score many goals) and Mazraoui (still worried about his injury record, and I feel we've been burned with fullbacks in the past), though I hope to be pleasantly surprised by them.

Overall a solid 7.5/10 window, and a welcome start by INEOS. With the benefit of hindsight and depending on how well our signings do, that verdict could go up or down but I'm pretty satisfied otherwise.

Regarding the bold: tell me which club(s) are paying that fee AND taking his wages on? You can bang on about other English players fees all you like. Which English players that went for a high fee are on over 250k pw? How much did Chelsea get for the high earning Sterling?
I meant in total sales, not Sancho individually

The clearout sadly didn't include the biggest issue for our woeful performances and results; Erik Ten Hag

Great window over all, but we really needed a second midfield signing. I like Rabiot, but need to be smart with his contract if we seriously are going in for him. Part of why I really liked this window was INEOS starting to get the wage structure under control.

Maguire not included, some fans are going to love that.
I wonder if they’ll try and do what they tried with Varane and try and negotiate him down to a lower wage. If we could get him down to say 100-120k then I think we could do worse as a 4th/5th choice.

That’s certainly not my preference though.

I wonder if they’ll try and do what they tried with Varane and try and negotiate him down to a lower wage. If we could get him down to say 100-120k then I think we could do worse as a 4th/5th choice.

That’s certainly not my preference though.

If the tweet is accurate I imagine they're weighing an option like that. Maguire is a decent squad option that has some similarities with De Ligt and we'd be losing two experienced options already. Even if we bring another one (?) maybe not the worst deal to keep him a couple of seasons if he agrees to lesser wages we'd pay to a replacement.

For better or worse, he definitely is the face of an era, like Marouane was.

If the tweet is accurate I imagine they're weighing an option like that. Maguire is a decent squad option that has some similarities with De Ligt and we'd be losing two experienced options already. Even if we bring another one (?) maybe not the worst deal to keep him a couple of seasons if he agrees to lesser wages we'd pay to a replacement.

For better or worse, he definitely is the face of an era, like Marouane was.
I agree, if there is a proper offer for him, let him go, but as a backup defender, he's not bad at all. He's had some really good performances for us amongst some really crap ones. I rate him for making a comeback last year.

INEOS has certainly made progress. But far from a great window. CAF always goes to the extremes. Solid 8/10 window, let's dive into progress:

Wage Bill: £175M (-£28M)

- Great progress, 4th Highest Bill if Arsenal take on Sterling. But we are paying £81M for aging Casemiro, 3 squad players (Mount, Antony Maguire), and 3 players unfit to play in EPL (Rashy, Lindelof, Eriksen). We should be able to replace/upgrade and get to £150M.

Transfer Spend: £94M net
- Great Progress in fixing defense, but we will struggle to score. Our wings have no depth, and our LBs have injury concerns. We sold our 2/3 most talented wingers (for valid reasons) and didn't replace them.

GK: 7/10 (Unchanged)
RB: 8/10 (+1 in swapping AWB)
CB: 9/10 (+2.5 in depth, age, contracts)
LB: 6.5/10 (no depth, unless Amass develops)
DM: 9.5/10 (+1.5 in Ugarte, Toby)
CM: 8.5/10 (-0.5 losing Scott)
LW: 7/10 (-0.5, no depth behind Garnacho)
RW: 6.5/10 (-1, Amad/Antony backup level)
ST: 8.5/10 (+1, 2 young, dynamic strikers)
What do you mean Rashford isn’t fit for the premier league?