The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

See no sense selling Eriksen given we have plenty of games in the Europa and cup competitions. He isn't going to offer us much of a transfer fee and he has decent experience he can pass on to any of the younger squad players.
I love Eriksen however his legs have gone so look at this way he’s 32 and 33 by the time season ends, his wages are very similar to what Adrien Rabiot wants, surely we should sell Eriksen, use the transfer fee of £5m to pay Rabiot as a signing on fee with the sale of Hannibal £10m and the team improves.

We also need to sell Facundo Pellistri as we are not helping him with his career currently and we sell Lindelof too for maybe £7m and could potentially get £15m combined for those two players.

That’s it, I don’t see the club selling Sancho or Scott so we might get another £25-30m and we should go buy Ugarte and take Rabiot on a free. That way the midfield is completely sorted for the next few seasons with the following options ; Casemiro,
A Rabiot, Ugarte, K Mainoo, Bruno,
M Mount, T Collyer, S Mctominay(* sell or loan if we can)

It's all well and good saying we need to sell x, y and z but unless somebody wants them we can't.

Has anyone been linked with Eriksen or Lindelof? I want to say I've seen interest in Pellistri but can't remember.

It's all well and good saying we need to sell x, y and z but unless somebody wants them we can't.

Has anyone been linked with Eriksen or Lindelof? I want to say I've seen interest in Pellistri but can't remember.

Lindelof just today, Fiorentina and Frankfurt. Eriksen was linked to Anderlecht (big Danish connection there)

Also noise of Ajax for Eriksen. Maybe more potential for a fee than RSCA though I think we're talking 1-5m€ I would imagine.

I'm surprised teams aren't all over Pellistri. Good little player.
Think there has been a few Italian teams linked with him.

The issue is he's 22 (23 in december) and hasn't actually held down a place in any team for a prolong period. I said it when it happened but sending him back to Alaves severely hampered his development.

I think we can be confident Lindelof, Pellistri and Hannibal should have some takers before the window closes. Maybe 10-25m€ to add to the sales.

McTominay and possibly Eriksen too ?
If we can find a good partner for McT it would probably set us at 100m€ in sales which by United standards is very high.

Can we even fetch £40m from these 4?

McT £25m
Pellistri £5m
Hannibal £5m
Eriksen £5m (optimistic)

If both McT and Eriksen are gone, we’ll need to sign 2 more CMs, like Ugarte and Berge. Otherwise we’ll be seriously short in midfield when games come thick and fast in a couple of months.

FIRST TEAM SALES
Eriksen
McTominay
Hannibal
Pellistri
Fish

LOANS
Bennett
Wheatley
Murray
Vitek
Gore
Mather
Ogunneye
Oyedele
Aljofree
Fredricson

Surely Sancho needs to be on that list and Lindelof too if he hadn't got injured.
If Yoro is longer out than 3 months and with Martinez's injury-record in the last 16 months.....to keep Lindelöf til January would make sense anyway.

I only would sell Sancho for a good price....no loan deal.

Pellistri, Eriksen, Hannibal, Lindelof, Sancho.

I think we’ll move all of these on. I’d accept an offer on Maguire as well if we got offered it.

Pellistri, Eriksen, Hannibal, Lindelof, Sancho.

I think we’ll move all of these on. I’d accept an offer on Maguire as well if we got offered it.

Would be delighted if we could but Lindelof on crutches probably kiboshes any hopes of a deal

Still hoping that Mctominay, Lindelof, Sancho, Mejbri and Pellestri would leave.

Would like to see us add a CM, a striker and a LB, if it's too early for Amass.

Lindelof
Hannibal
Sancho

Only 3 priority sales left really?

Casemiro, McTominay, Antony could still be useful players for us over the season. We should only sell if they're to be replaced by better players. We could sell McTominay but we're not getting huge money for someone who could fill in at times or be a good impact sub.

Casemiro should clearly be sold if we're getting Ugarte. But Casemiro and Ugarte fighting for one place shouldn't be out of the question either and could bring the best out of both of them over the season. For wages alone it makes sense to offload Casemiro and re-sign Amrabat instead.

In terms of Antony, I think we're stuck with him due to the 200k wages. Just gotta hope he can be an expensive but useful squad player, and also hope he plays well enough to get some interest in January/next summer while he could still have some resale value.

But overall I can't remember the squad ever being this close to being clear of scrap and deadwood.

Rashford, Shaw, Maguire, Eriksen and Antony might be left to resolve next year. So I expect us to go on an offensive to sign English players over the next year or two now. It would also explain why we might still go for Branthwaite now or next summer. Even if it seems overkill and not a priority now. It protects us for the future departure of Maguire.

To think we're maybe only a January and summer window away from having a very likeable squad is a nice feeling.

Bit of a summary of what we’ve done so far

Out
Varane - Como
Martial - Free agent
Williams - Free agent
Amrabat - End of loan
Greenwood - Marseille
Wan Bissaka - West Ham
Fernandez - Benfica
McNeill - Sheff Wed
Van de Beek - Girona
Kambwala - Villarreal
Forson - Monza
Shoretire - PAOK

Loan
Hugill - Wigan

Rumoured to be close/in talks
Fish - Cardiff
Pellistri - Panathinaikos
Hannibal - Burnley
Oyedele - Legia Warsaw

Bit of a summary of what we’ve done so far

Out
Varane - Como
Martial - Free agent
Williams - Free agent
Amrabat - End of loan
Greenwood - Marseille
Wan Bissaka - West Ham
Fernandez - Benfica
McNeill - Sheff Wed
Van de Beek - Girona
Kambwala - Villarreal
Forson - Monza
Shoretire - PAOK

Loan
Hugill - Wigan

Rumoured to be close/in talks
Fish - Cardiff
Pellistri - Panathinaikos
Hannibal - Burnley
Oyedele - Legia Warsaw
It terms of big sales or being able to sell (and not simply release a big earner) we've not been that successful.

I think those Titanic contracts are a plague where you can only sell the players, if that, when their amortisation ran down to 10-20m. Hopefully more sensible contracts and fees (we hovered at 60m this year IIRC... Breaking the bank should only be for sure fire hits forward) makes it less of an issue in the future.

Facundo sold to Panathinaikos. Pushes the outgoing fee generated to over £50....Yay!

Oyedelle is close to departure for “initial small fee” (whatever it means)

With Pellistri moving out, where are we with finances now ? Does this mean we can close the deal on Ugarte ?

With Pellistri moving out, where are we with finances now ? Does this mean we can close the deal on Ugarte ?

Not good in terms of balancing the books as we have only been able to generate ~54m in terms of transfer fees. However, Greenwood being homegrown and players like AWB, Pellestri etc being in the final years should give us FFP/PSR room as most of the amortization would have been done in the previous years. This is the current situation:

Sales:
  1. Alvaro Fernandez (LB) - 5.1m ( €6m) - Option to buy exercised by Benfica
  2. Donny Van de Beek (CM) - £423k (€500k) plus add-ons
  3. Willy Kambwala (CB) - £4.63m (€5.5m) plus £5.1m (€6m) in add-ons.
  4. Mason Greenwood (Striker) - £23.3m (€27.6m) plus £3.4m (€4m) in add-ons. Also, a sell-on clause.
  5. Aaron Wan Bissaka (RB) - £15m
  6. Will Fish (CB) - £ ??
  7. Facundo Pellestri (RW) - £5.11m (€6m) plus 1.7m (€2m) add ons Also, a sell-on clause.
  8. Maxi Oyedele (Cm) - £ ??
Total Fees generated so far: ~£54.06 + add-ons.​
Kind of disappointing as we haven't been able to offload any of McT, Maguire, Sancho, Antony, Lindelof, Eriksen. However, there is still time. The figure could look much better if we are able to get of McT, Mejbri, Eriseken, Lindelof and one of Sancho or Antony in the last 9-10 days.​

Not good in terms of balancing the books as we have only been able to generate ~54m in terms of transfer fees. However, Greenwood being homegrown and players like AWB, Pellestri etc being in the final years should give us FFP/PSR room as most of the amortization would have been done in the previous years. This is the current situation:

Sales:
  4. Mason Greenwood (Striker) - £23.3m (€27.6m) plus £3.4m (€4m) in add-ons. Also, a sell-on clause.
  6. Will Fish (CB) - £ ??
  7. Facundo Pellestri (RW) - £5.11m (€6m) plus 1.7m (€2m) add ons Also, a sell-on clause.
Kind of disappointing as we haven't been able to offload any of McT, Maguire, Sancho, Antony, Lindelof, Eriksen. However, there is still time. The figure could look much better if we are able to get of McT, Mejbri, Eriseken, Lindelof and one of Sancho or Antony in the last 9-10 days.​

Thanks. Lets hope we can offload one of the bigger players listed at the bottom before the deadline.

I am at the point where I don't want Maguire to be sold. He has been solid for a year or so and we are certain to have injury issues at that position (or at LB, meaning that Licha is pushed out left). In addition our squad is lacking a bit in dominant aerial players (both in defence and attack) and Maguire adds that skill set. Sell Lindelof and keep Maguire as one of the four CBs IMO.

I am at the point where I don't want Maguire to be sold. He has been solid for a year or so and we are certain to have injury issues at that position (or at LB, meaning that Licha is pushed out left). In addition our squad is lacking a bit in dominant aerial players (both in defence and attack) and Maguire adds that skill set. Sell Lindelof and keep Maguire as one of the four CBs IMO.
They both ultimately need to go, but our chances of shifting Lindelof with his injury is almost nil.

Sales:
  6. Will Fish (CB) - £ ??
We really need to shift another 4-5 players and hopefully there are a couple of big money sales in there.