The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

In an ideal world (which I'm fully aware doesn't exist) I think something along the lines of this would happen over the next couple of weeks:

In: De Ligt, Mazraoui, Berge, Ugarte
Out: Lindelof, Eriksen, McTominay, Hannibal, Sancho

And loan out one or two more youth players.

Thinking further into the future, you probably try to offload Casemiro, Maguire, Antony next time and don't renew Heaton & Evans.

Would you take Fofana and Ugarte, still feel we need midfielder with playmaker profile, however that looks to be for a future window

He's on low wages, deserves a proper shot. Antony and Sancho should be going well before him. Harsh.

We aren't getting rid of Antony this summer much as I want that to happen, maybe Sancho later in the window but that feels up in the air

Lack of outgoings is slightly concerning, hopefully the players still here can see the players incoming and realise their position is overstocked and game time limited due to it.

If Ugarte happens it would be a fantastic window. I imagine it would be offset a little by selling either mctominay or sancho, and then we also may well see lindelof leave.

All in all if it did and we signed Zirkzee, De Ligt, Yoro, Mazraoui, and Ugarte for around 200m,

while selling Greenwood, AWB, Lindelof, Sancho, Kambwala, van de beek, hernandez for around 100m

thats' great business. as well as the loss of huge earners varane and martial.

Lack of outgoings is slightly concerning, hopefully the players still here can see the players incoming and realise their position is overstocked and game time limited due to it.

Weve seen the back of Martial, Varane, Wan Bissaka, Greenwood, Van de Beek, Kambwala, and Id be fairly sure lindelof and possibly sancho will follow. So that would be around 8 players who were somewhere around the first team. Not bad for one window

Weve seen the back of Martial, Varane, Wan Bissaka, Greenwood, Van de Beek, Kambwala, and Id be fairly sure lindelof and possibly sancho will follow. So that would be around 8 players who were somewhere around the first team. Not bad for one window
Was so long ago I’d forgotten all about who has already left and was focusing on the ones still there. Suppose we have shifted a good few out of the club already, still feels bloated. Would be good to shift on Sancho and Lindelof and hopefully we do.

Was so long ago I’d forgotten all about who has already left and was focusing on the ones still there. Suppose we have shifted a good few out of the club already, still feels bloated. Would be good to shift on Sancho and Lindelof and hopefully we do.

Ya there's still a few to go no doubt. But if sancho and lindelof go id be happy with that start

Can someone summarise the reported wages of the outgoing and incoming players? Would be interested to see the impact. I imagine we have saved quite a lot on wages this summer.

Eriksen, Hannibel, Pellestri, Lindelof and Sancho out.

Urgarte, Fofana, and LB (Loan or free)

What's chances of that happening 2 weeks left.

Bruno, Mount, Mainoo, Case, Ugarte, Fofana, Collyer and McT is overkill. Look at the size of Arsenal, City and Madrid's squad. Massive squads don't help anyone and the state of our finances, we really can't be affording the wages for a bloated squad.

Bruno, Mount, Mainoo, Case, Ugarte, Fofana, Collyer and McT is overkill. Look at the size of Arsenal, City and Madrid's squad. Massive squads don't help anyone and the state of our finances, we really can't be affording the wages for a bloated squad.

McTominay would be sold and still have doubts we want Ugarte and Fofana anyway

To get Fofana as well as Ugarte, either McT or Casemiro would need to be sold.

I expect Eriksen to go - would be good to save £150k a week off the wage bill.

Seems like a good guy and top pro so can’t see him staying for the money.

Can't see him moving for a huge fee but maybe there is a PL team in the mix now ? RSCA and Ajax have financial limits on what they can offer.

We'll get Ugarte and that's basically it. Wing it at LB / CM and acknowledge that those are gaps currently but we have some reasonable backups.

We'll get Ugarte and that's basically it. Wing it at LB / CM and acknowledge that those are gaps currently but we have some reasonable backups.

Still say proven striker is possible IF we can shift McTominay, Sancho, Eriksen, Lindelof and Pellistri but that looks a huge ask

See no sense selling Eriksen given we have plenty of games in the Europa and cup competitions. He isn't going to offer us much of a transfer fee and he has decent experience he can pass on to any of the younger squad players.

Beyond experience, Eriksen offers so little now and has really plummeted down the pecking order.

I was all for his signing seeing it as a shrewd piece of business and he did well in his first year but his legs have truly gone. He’ll obviously maintain a decent level and range of passing but if we can get a fee and his wages off the book then it makes sense - providing a midfielder comes in.

It would be great to have another midfielder in the mould of Eriksen (what the player was 2/3 years ago) - just with operational legs.

See no sense selling Eriksen given we have plenty of games in the Europa and cup competitions. He isn't going to offer us much of a transfer fee and he has decent experience he can pass on to any of the younger squad players.

150k a week off the wage bill isn't anything to under play, it's a lot of money.

He’s basically 3rd choice of our 5 no.10s. Behind Bruno and Mount but ahead of McTominay and Hannibal.

The issue is that we have 5 no.10s on the books, while only having Casemiro, Mainoo and Collyer to play in the two deeper roles of midfield.

If the Mount money had been spent on a more suitable midfielder last summer, Eriksen would be a fine back up to Bruno and a useful squad member. As is, his role is fairly redundant.

I imagine we'd be looking to sell the following this window:
- Lindelof
- Eriksen
- McT
- Pellistri
- Hannibal
- Sancho

They could surely generate fees to cover Ugarte & Fofana / Ugarte & Toney?

- Lindelof
- Eriksen
- McT
- Pellistri
- Hannibal
- Sancho

We've heard absolutely nothing about Lindelof, Eriksen, Pellistri and Hannibal which is worrying.

- Lindelof
- Eriksen
- McT
- Pellistri
- Hannibal
- Sancho

I don’t think there’s enough time left.
Sancho and McT are the only one’s who’d generate good money and the trail’s gone cold for both.

PSG aren’t interested in Sancho anymore it looks like and Fulham havens came back with a new bid for a long time for McT.

I don’t think there’s enough time left.
Sancho and McT are the only one’s who’d generate good money and the trail’s gone cold for both.

PSG aren’t interested in Sancho anymore it looks like and Fulham havens came back with a new bid for a long time for McT.

Yeah the outgoings are definitely proving tricky, there is a real lack of interest which isn't helping

I'd have thought we might have moved Eriksen on by now. For me, I think he would be perfect for Brighton and the way they play. They're a lot weaker in midfield these days having sold MacAllister, Gross and Caciedo and as a cheap, quick fix, Eriksen should be the man.
I still think we will sell McTominay but it might be a deadline day deal. Maybe Fulham come back with 20m. Hopefully there is some truth in these Napoli rumours.
If Lindelof's wages were slightly lower I'd imagine he would be fairly easy to move on to a mid table team somewhere. He has probably been here 3 seasons too long already.

Short term we should get rid of:
  • Eriksen
  • Lindelöf
  • Pellistri
  • Hannibal
  • Mctominay
  • (Sancho - if we can get decent money)
  • Casemiro (for the right money)
Next summer
  • Maguirre
  • Sancho
  • Casemiro (if he doesn't go this summer)
  • Anthony
  • Malacia
  • Evans (probably retiring?)
  • Shaw (if we can)
If we can get rid of these guys and promote youngster while adding quality we will be in a very good place to compete for the 25/26 season.

Dont think Eriksen and Casemiro are going anywhere. Also fear Sancho is also gonna stay.

Lindelof, McT, Pellistri and Hannibal is looking a realistic scenario in terms of outs, and honestly it could be worse.

Short term we should get rid of:
  • Eriksen
  • Lindelöf
  • Pellistri
  • Hannibal
  • Mctominay
  • (Sancho - if we can get decent money)
  • Casemiro (for the right money)
Next summer
  • Maguirre
  • Sancho
  • Casemiro (if he doesn't go this summer)
  • Anthony
  • Malacia
  • Evans (probably retiring?)
  • Shaw (if we can)
If we can get rid of these guys and promote youngster while adding quality we will be in a very good place to compete for the 25/26 season.

Bang on tbh