Terribly dressed footballers

We know it's intentional. Still looks terrible.

I know how to dress and making sure my inseam is the correct length is a big part of that.

Agree with @simonhch, I wouldn't wear that coat without significant tailoring, either.

You don't know what a pink suit is, so your opinion isn't needed. :angel:

No well balanced person judges someone n how they’re dressed. If I didn’t have to conform And was worth 7 figures and earning oodles of cash I’d dress like that every now and again. Because why the feck not.
Because it looks absolutely shit?

They can be more tapered, straight, or boot cut depending on the look.

Yep, they can be lots of shapes but they should be reasonably close to the correct length, not four inches too short. Unless you're into wearing capris. I'm not but to each their own.

Short pants make men look like little boys.

Yep, they can be lots of shapes but they should be reasonably close to the correct length, not four inches too short. Unless you're into wearing capris. I'm not but to each their own.

Short pants make men look like little boys.
You think they should be 4 inches longer? That's an even worse fit :lol:

You need to consult a tailor.

Today I learned that you need to visible socks to be well dressed. :lol:

You don't - but this ensemble highlights his lack of socks.

For me, high water pants of any kind are pretty suspect - but for feck's sake, if you have to, at least wear feckin' socks.

(Or drop the shoes - wouldn't work here, but in general).

People trying to say Tuchel wearing a heavy winter coat with shorts isn't a shit look! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The picture is huge and I was scrolling down, thinking "what's wrong with this? It's a nice coa... oh!"

images

Tbh I think the main problem with some of the more outlandish (and presumably expensive) ensembles is the thread is that I usually see them being worn by super attractive models and film stars, whereas here they're worn by lumpy looking footballers. Being good looking to the point where it forms the basis of your professional career covers a lot of fashion sins.

You think they should be 4 inches longer? That's an even worse fit :lol:

You need to consult a tailor.

Well, I'm just eyeballing it and basing it on my own leg as I'm not sure how tall Tuchel is but yeah those inseams need a few more inches. Short pants are for boys, not men.

Tbh I think the main problem with some of the more outlandish (and presumably expensive) ensembles is the thread is that I usually see them being worn by super attractive models and film stars, whereas here they're worn by lumpy looking footballers. Being good looking to the point where it forms the basis of your professional career covers a lot of fashion sins.

It's the story of my life, everything looks nice on me.

You don't - but this ensemble highlights his lack of socks.

For me, high water pants of any kind are pretty suspect - but for feck's sake, if you have to, at least wear feckin' socks.

(Or drop the shoes - wouldn't work here, but in general).

Well, I'm just eyeballing it and basing it on my own leg as I'm not sure how tall Tuchel is but yeah those inseams need a few more inches. Short pants are for boys, not men.

Suspect? if you think a person's fashion choices make them suspect you're stuck in the dark ages. I know metrosexuals who would dust either of us in fight. Hell how about this guy:

conor-mcgregor-dolce-gabbana-t-shirt-sneakers-david-august-pants-768x960.jpg

It's rich that anonymous people on the internet are judging how manly people are by their clothes. Lamest thing I've heard all week.

Suspect? if you think a person's fashion choices make them suspect you're stuck in the dark ages. I know metrosexuals who would dust either of us in fight. Hell how about this guy:

It's rich that anonymous people on the internet are judging how manly people are by their clothes. Lamest thing I've heard all week.

He's seated so the disparity in length isn't as dramatic as the photo suggests.

The main issue is that his wife is now wondering where the shower curtains went.

:lol: no, they're nice pants. I might not go for the print but I have a pair that are close to the same base colour. Good choice for summer with a slightly shorter inseam than you'd normally wear to help you stay cool.

:lol: no, they're nice pants. I might not go for the print but I have a pair that are close to the same base colour. Good choice for summer with a slightly shorter inseam than you'd normally wear to help you stay cool.

I dress like he does but that print belongs in a bathroom.

To be fair, it's not exactly a new phenomenon. It's just that outlandish fashion used to be confined to mags whereas now it's all over instatok.

The idea, I assume, is to be seen and talked about because not being seen and talked about is akin to ego death for modern celebs.

Also have no idea how this beautiful pic hasn't been shared yet:

Screenshot-2020-03-19-at-11.54.48-PM-1200x854.jpg

I dress like he does but that print belongs in a bathroom.

Summer only fashion gets a pass. I personally prefer solid colours but Connor is a flamboyant guy. Although with that in mind I'm a bit confused by the boring choice of footwear.

Last edited:
Suspect? if you think a person's fashion choices make them suspect you're stuck in the dark ages.

I am, to be fair.

But I get over it quickly.

For instance (this is a true story), I was approached by a young man and what I assumed was his girlfriend just the other day. I had observed the couple before the approach, having noticed - in particular - that the young man was not wearing visible socks. Naturally, I decided there and then that he was a scoundrel.

(This adventure took place at, or very near, a bus stop in a moderately large city).

The young man asked me whether I knew if a certain bus (one that was scheduled to halt at this very bus stop) was going to X (this being a location in the centre of the city), to which I replied in the positive. The young man was not only polite but also decidedly pleasant on the whole (I could mention other details, but I especially noticed his smile - which was genuinely friendly and not in any way ingratiating), and I realized there and then that I had been very wrong to condemn him on account of his socks (or rather lack thereof, or more accurately the lack of any visible proof that he was wearing any).

And - yeah - that day I learned a valuable lesson.

(I still think he looked like an absolute twat for not wearing socks, but I also think there is a chance - at least - that he was a half decent human being).

I am, to be fair.

For instance (this is a true story), I was approached by a young man and what I assumed was his girlfriend just the other day. I had observed the couple before the approach, having noticed - in particular - that the young man was not wearing visible socks. Naturally, I decided there and then that he was a scoundrel.

(This adventure took place at, or very near, a bus stop in a moderately large city).

The young man asked me whether I knew if a certain bus (one that was scheduled to halt at this very bus stop) was going to X (this being a location in the centre of the city), to which I replied in the positive. The young man was not only polite but also decidedly pleasant on the whole (I could mention other details, but I especially noticed his smile - which was genuinely friendly and not in any way ingratiating), and I realized there and then that I had been very wrong to condemn him on account of his socks (or rather lack thereof, or more accurately the lack of any visible proof that he was wearing any).

(I still think he looked like an absolute twat for not wearing socks, but I also think there is a chance - at least - that he was a half decent human being).

How would you feel if he had been wearing sock liners or other low cut socks that are not visible? :nervous:

This guy is a cnut anyway, so shit example.

That you keep responding is also pretty lame tbh.

How would you feel if he had been wearing sock liners or other low cut socks that are not visible? :nervous:

In general (but I stress that exceptions can be made), low cut socks are worse than none at all.

If I see a fecker wearing low cut socks, I think: twat.

If I see a fecker wearing no socks at all, I think: possibly a twat but also possibly a loon. Or someone who just couldn't be arsed to put on socks (for whatever reason - could be a very hot day, etc.).

I am, to be fair.

I forgave you when you used the word scoundrel. Up there with treachery, charlatan, and crestfallen as my favorite words in the English language.

Anyway, that thing with boot cut jeans...that really was horrible.

In fact, I'm pretty sure my own decision not to wear jeans anymore coincided with that thing. It was around that time, anyway.

(It should be added that I have - recently - started wearing jeans again. But not boot cut ones.).

If you’re trying to argue that someone who dresses like a cnut is not necessarily a cnut I don’t think it’s possible to pick a worse example.

The fit is intentional and makes sense even if you don't like it. Nothing wrong with it all. Just out of your league.

I don’t doubt the fit is intentional. That doesn’t change the fact it’s awful. Moyes singing Fellaini was intentional. The outcome was still awful.

I consider myself somewhat what of a sartorialist but if that’s out of my league, then I am happy to accept my limitations. You can fly with the (badly dressed) gods alone.

If you’re trying to argue that someone who dresses like a cnut is not necessarily a cnut I don’t think it’s possible to pick a worse example.
Not trying to argue that. We talking about saying another man is "suspect" or "a boy" b/c of the how high the hem is on his pants. And what exactly is dressing like a cnut?

Last edited:
I don’t doubt the fit is intentional. That doesn’t change the fact it’s awful. Moyes singing Fellaini was intentional. The outcome was still awful.

I consider myself somewhat what of a sartorialist but if that’s out of my league, then I am happy to accept my limitations. You can fly with the (badly dressed) gods alone.
You are defintely NOT a sartorialist if you think that's not a tailored fit. Fashion and style aren't dogmatic. Look at the variety of looks and styles Scott Schuman (THE sartorialist) gives a nod to in his photography. Not every look is for everyone and calling it "badly dressed" b/c your mind can't grasp fashion outside of the basic clothes you wear seems a bit silly.

Not trying to argue that. We talking about saying another man is "suspect" or "a boy" b/c of the how high the hem is on his pants. And what exactly is dressing like a cnut?

I’ve no dog in this fight. I couldn’t care less how the likes of Conor McGregor choose to dress. Although I also have no problem with people taking the piss out of them.

The only thing that really winds me up is disposable fashion. Buying a new outfit every week. That can get fecked.