Terribly dressed footballers

Tuchel-ZEITmagazin-Mann-3.jpg
He’s pulling it off imo.

He’s pulling it off imo.

I think so too although the other pics from his „NYC“ photoshooting trip look better (at least a bit more conventional)

It‘s a bit tryhard overall Imo put into context since they were the very first thing at all popping up from his side after getting fired from Dortmund in a muddy way and he‘s not known (at least publicly) for those „fancy“ / elaborate ways to dress. It kinda worked though after all so I gotta respect that aspect too.

Take a look at the so-called 'tunnel walks' you see in American sports and you'll see that most Premier League footballers have terrible taste in fashion. Eurotrash meets outdated hip hop fashion is where I would classify their fashion sense. That famous Rashford and Lingard picture is a good case in point of this.

Tuchel's trousers are among the worst I've ever seen and no amount of "fashion experts" claiming otherwise will change my mind on that. Going sans sock also looks weird to me.

What's that robe-like outfit? :lol:

That is not even really his own outfit as it is advertising for Dolce Gabbana. He is probably very well paid for that...

I guess, when judging outfits we really have to keep the advertising stuff from the usual outfits.

This is a great thread.
The best bit had to be the dick measuring contest about sartorial style and the length of your trouser inseam!

It's weird how shorter means longer for one party and longer means longer for the other.

Anyway, short trousers look "childish" for some people because only very recently could people afford full length trousers for their children. Shorts were cheaper because of less material and because they could be worn for longer during the child and pubescent growth spurts.

Turn ups are an interesting one, they were banned during the War to save fabric for uniforms.

That is not even really his own outfit as it is advertising for Dolce Gabbana. He is probably very well paid for that...

I guess, when judging outfits we really have to keep the advertising stuff from the usual outfits.

Imho Robert is not looking that bad. Kinda pulls it off but the outfit on it's own is a tad over the top and funny so had to post it here.

His trousers aren’t speaking to his shoes

That‘s a good thing, right?!

Anyway, short trousers look "childish" for some people because only very recently could people afford full length trousers for their children. Shorts were cheaper because of less material and because they could be worn for longer during the child and pubescent growth spurts.

Turn ups are an interesting one, they were banned during the War to save fabric for uniforms.

Brilliant thread: very entertaining yet you still learn a thing or two!

(Image of Neymar with a tacky outfit and cheap smelling fragrance, which I have no rights to quote as I have no permission to post images on this site / eye roll)
Gotta say I really dig those trousers! *duck n run*

Am I the only person who thinks this is really cool. Wish I had the balls to wear that out!

I imagine his balls are lovely and cool under there. I'd be saving that one for the house though myself, not sure of the practicalities of going out and about in it. Would certainly end up a mess if you went clubbing :lol:

Am I the only person who thinks this is really cool. Wish I had the balls to wear that out!

I‘d say Lewa is playing it safe donning such a bathrobe in a castle. walking into a 7-Eleven without looking totally smug would be impressive.

Never got the jacket and shorts combo, if its warm don't wear a jacket, if it's cold enough to wear a jacket then don't wear shorts.

Though I'm more of a "wear clothes out of practicality" rather than "fashun init".

Tuchel in midlife crisis? Next is an 18 y.o. girlfriend.

They dress like drug dealers

There has to be more to that than a simple stop. I've never once seen the police here draw weapons. Fights, chases, drug dealers, you name it. They never touch their guns.

what's wrong with this? pretty dope coat and nice shoes.
The high hem is intentional and the boot cut tapering of the pants fits nicely with the cut of the coat. There is 100% nothing tacky or weird about that.

Caf just doesn't know how to dress.
It's a rubbish fit. It's not even in vogue as baggy trousers are all the rage, so I don't know why you think tight three quarter lengths are considered fashionable. They aren't. If you saw someone out and about in those trousers, they'd look fecking ridiculous/hilarious.

Last edited:
the tweet says

"Bakayoko mistaken for a pusher. The face of the policeman when he realizes the mistake is a joke , too bad it doesn't make you laugh"

I'm sure it had nothing to do with colour though
So? There are lot of people of all kind of colours that are being mistaken for someone else. Not everything is racism in this world. But if people want to see racism I guess they can find it in everything.

So? There are lot of people of all kind of colours that are being mistaken for someone else. Not everything is racism in this world. But if people want to see racism I guess they can find it in everything.
How many times have you been stopped and searched out of interest?

There has to be more to that than a simple stop. I've never once seen the police here draw weapons. Fights, chases, drug dealers, you name it. They never touch their guns.
I think it's to do with his skin colour: You can see the moment the other officer tell him he's Bakayoko. If the car had been linked to drugs or if he had failed to stop when asked to, they would continue searching.

The most precursory level of investigation into this matter would reveal why people are referencing race in a Police stop and search.

How many times have you been stopped and searched out of interest?
As being mistaken? Never. But I have been stopped but never ever have I thought ”oh, that is because I’m this or that”. They ask question, you answer and thats it. Nothing more. Everybody moves on.

The most precursory level of investigation into this matter would reveal why people are referencing race in a Police stop and search.
I’m not saying there are no bad apples. But you can’t immediately think of racism when someone get pulled over or asked questions by police. Regardless of colour.

As being mistaken? Never. But I have been stopped but never ever have I thought ”oh, that is because I’m this or that”. They ask question, you answer and thats it. Nothing more. Everybody moves on.

I’m not saying there are no bad apples. But you can’t immediately think of racism when someone get pulled over or asked questions by police. Regardless of colour.
You can't seriously think it still works like this in 2022. There are countless studies and reports detailing systematic racial profiling from police forces across the world.