Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

Please allow me to take note of a lot of the replies so when we finally work out the players are just rubbish and we are back here in a year or 2 I can bring them up.

Nobody cares man. You're not about to ruin the party with these fugazi nuclear deterrents.

The manager was shite. So it's less shite at the club and a net positive

Inevitable really. the results and performances have been shocking.

he doesnt have the same excuses to fall back on as he did last season. was always coming. Was just a matter of when.

Stayed way too long. Will never forgive him for the thrashings against our rivals and random other mid table teams.

But yeah. I’ll be nice. Thanks for the two cups.

I'm one of the few who, whilst understanding why so many on here are happy, disagree.

He's not been able to select a proper left back for pretty much a year and half, and the striker we brought in was a raw talent (who has also been injured a lot) when we should have brought in an experienced player to lead the line. The season when Shaw was fit and Rashford was on the left ahead of him was his best season and he's not been able to do that.

I get it that he's been given the time, but he's not had the squad needed and I don't think that's all his fault

Anyway, tis what it is and long live Ruud
These might be valid reasons why we aren’t in contention for the title but come on, we’re 14th. We’re behind Brighton, Bournemouth,
& Notts Forrest. It’s totally unacceptable given the players at his disposal and the money that’s been spent.

As always, the positive note first. A big thank you for his service and hard work for the club. There have been some great memories made. I was there for the win over Barcelona, and both cup wins with the victory over City last May being a special moment as a supporter.

I can’t help but feel very disappointed with how his tenure has gone though. After a tough start, it felt that we were making strides, we had a fantastic 3 months post World Cup and finished strongly bar the game we never speak of again. But it felt like he completely blew the job afterwards; poor use of funds, and change of tactics led to a pretty dismal season. He was given the chance to show that without injuries that he could turn it around but he has blown that too. I think he should have gone at the last break but we’ve come to the right conclusion.

I wish him the best of luck going forwards. I still think he’s a very good manager who could be successful elsewhere but right now, that’s not here.

Gutted it never worked out for him after a good opening season and a platform was there to built on from that campaign but it just turned into a complete disaster. He had to go and should have been sacked sooner but it’s been done now.

Good luck to him as I’m sure he won’t have any issues finding a new job soon.

Never liked seeing people being sacked but this got to be the exception. Finally do not need to hear his lame excuses and boring press conferences. I hope we don't rush into hiring a new manager. Afterall, we have Ruud to be the interim manager until we find the right one.

So they waited 3 more games after the international break then sacked him, this is three weeks late (more like 4-5 months late) and we’ve now missed out on the perfect person to steady the ship and who wouldn’t have accepted the piss poor effort from the players in Tuchel.

I don’t believe for a second that there’s any difference money wise in sacking ETH now to what there was before the break and it just smacks of dithering incompetence on Ineos part, it’s 100% the right decision BUT far too late as we’re in a horrible position money wise and allowed more ETH signings in during the summer when he should have parted on good terms and on a high after the cup final.

Probably putting 2+2 and getting 5 but the picture that Xavi’s wife posted yesterday with the son in a Utd shirt may be a bit more than just coincidence :confused:

It's the right decision. I'm grateful for all of the good things that he has done and for the trophies he has brought to the club. But, we were going in the wrong direction and moving on is the right thing to do. I'm looking forward to a change.

Next manager has to get us playing better football and us scoring goals again. It's too bland.

Should've been sacked long ago and under no circumstances should he have been in charge for the FA Cup final. The arrogant cnut hasn't fecked up about that trophy since and will surely use it to support his own delusions that he was a success here.

Good riddance.

Antony
Casemiro
Martinez
Malacia
Eriksen
Hojlund
Mount
Onana
Turkish keeper
Yoro
Ugarte
De Ligt
Zirkzee
Mazraoui

How many of those does a new manager keep and use?

Seen people post that they feel sorry for him. Why the heck would you feel sorry for someone who has just had the biggest financial payday in his entire life. The guy and his family are now set for life with the 10+ million pay-out he will have made this morning.

Only 3 months overdue.

The most overdue decision in recent football history. Yeah thanks for the FA Cup and everything but my god did that go to shit from the start of his second season onwards. The consistency of how shite we've been since then has been almost impressive.

Elated to not have to here one more “heh” or see his awkward handshakes with other managers before and after games.

There’s not a single thing he will be missed for here. Boring, awkward and pretty unlikeable on the whole. Good riddance.

Dont. Please dont.

Look at what Flick is doing with Xavi's Barsa. God no, just not him.

To me that view is extremely unfair. Ignoring the fact that he actually had good results in the league, it's important to take two things into account he joined them in the middle of extreme turmoil, he maintained them at the top while relying heavily on La Masia and successfully developing very young players. Flick is benefitting heavily from Xavi and his staff developing the current core in the middle of one of the biggest shit show that we have seen in Football.

Now I don't know how good he can be but to this point there is nothing particularly wrong with Xavi, he has performed like a clearly above average manager.

I kinda feel bad for him given he won a trophy every season he was here and that it was the players who really let him down. But, it's a results business and it's always the manager who takes the fall rather than the players. I wish Erik luck in finding a new job and I hope he goes on to resurrect his career away from OT.

I really don't have faith that we will improve going forward either. There really isn't a big pool of good managers available who would be interested. There will probably be a new manager bump and then back to the same mediocrity of the last decade.

He’s responsible for some of our worst ever hammerings, that is inarguable. He was lucky to survive so long, given some of the thrashings from Liverpool, for example. The 7-0 will always define him for me.
He won 2 trophies and took us to another final. He’s is far from the worst.

Seen people post that they feel sorry for him. Why the heck would you feel sorry for someone who has just had the biggest financial payday in his entire life. The guy and his family are now set for life with the 10+ million pay-out he will have made this morning.
Because this is a football forum? So safe to make the assumption people are talking primarily in a footballing context. And besides, he comes from multi-generational wealth anyway so I doubt money is his only motivation in life.

I’m not a fan of Ruud being the coach unless it is just to get us to the International break. We need a permanent manager now, not in the summer