Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

I'm euphoric. I feel like Rick Flair. Announcement hit like crack cocaine.

Should have been sacked after the FA cup final. The team was going nowhere yet he hung on for another season.

A shame it had to end this way, but it had to end. I'm extremely disappointed and dejected how it all turned out.

Who will be the next fool to take this job and ruin his career? You cannot succeed here.

They'll be dancing in the streets of Manchester United

Please God No!

This guy is up there with ten Hag as 2 of the most overrated managers in the game.

Man didn't even last 2 seasons at Bayern where winning the league is almost a gimme.

We'll be on the end of some hidings with him in charge. Guy plays with a stupidly high defensive line.

Just a really weird couple of years in general. Two trophies, 3 finals, beat all of the big teams and Barca and looked for all the world like we were going to be a formidable modern team at one point, and then also our two worst starts to a PL season ever, humiliating high scoring defeats, haven’t won in Europe for a year, negative goal difference and no semblance of a plan. Second most successful manager since Fergie. Truly the people’s banter era champion.

Last edited:
Given we were publicly courting replacements in the summer the matter should have been settled then. That's no basis to give the current manager more time. Horribly handled and impossible to argue it's not the correct decision. Team is in freefall.

Is he manager until end of the season? Or is it possible we get a permanent shortly?

The press that knew nothing about the sacking until after it happened. are all wise about who United are after now. They are all clickbait merchants.

I'm sure The Athletic will have a few articles soon with "insider knowledge" about how it all happened.

Antony
Casemiro
Martinez
Malacia
Eriksen
Hojlund
Mount
Onana
Turkish keeper
Yoro
Ugarte
De Ligt
Zirkzee
Mazraoui

How many of those does a new manager keep and use?

Martinez, Hojlund, Onana, Yoro, Ugarte, De Ligt, Mazraoui, Turkish keeper are all staying, I'd imagine.

Eriksen, Casemiro, Turkish keeper - not sure. Casemiro probably gone, but both him and Eriksen are genuinely useful to have in the squad (not on whatever mental wages Casemiro is on though).

Antony, Malacia, Mount, Zirkzee - keen to see them binned. Potentially harsh on Zirkzee having only just joined, but I can see him being a casualty of a new manager because he's shit.

Please God No!

This guy is up there with ten Hag as 2 of the most overrated managers in the game.

Man didn't even last 2 seasons at Bayern where winning the league is almost a gimme.

But yet Tuchel failed and they tried to get him back. I don’t quite get your argument.

Weird timing, despite another loss yesterday, but with the context of how and why we lost, he must be doubly annoyed today.

However, the writing has been o the way for a long while and it is ultimately the right decision.

Good luck ETH, thanks for some good times and the Cups.

This step should have been taken at the end of last season. Terrible mess made of it by INEOS and massive amount spent on ineffective players. We are in a hole, it’s going to take time to get us out of it. But the end of EtH is a necessary start for the club.

What worries me about this is we’re still going to struggle to score goals. RVN was still here under ETH. There not suddenly going to get their shooting boots on. We need a manager to come in with fresh ideas and ideas how to create better scoring opportunities

He deserved to be relieved of his duties.

But again, not for the first time, I think the players have purposefully ousted a manager knowing full well a bad result yesterday is the end of him.

Dalot and Bruno I’m looking at you both.
If we are talking just about yesterday, Dalot and Garnacho more like. Bruno could have ended the game with 2 or 3 assists.

Garnacho had two glorious missed chances and gave away the ball for their first goal. Funny enough that the youth player he gave the most chances to let him down the most this season.

And 2nd best Dutch coach in Manchester.
I wouldn't put too much stock in Van Nistelrooy. Entirely unproven and didn't show that much at PSV to make me think he's a huge coaching talent while Ten Hag was amazing in our league.

Hope Stretford Paddock and Gary Neville are taking this news okay.

All that wasted effort defending the indefensible.

I’m not a fan of Ruud being the coach unless it is just to get us to the International break. We need a permanent manager now, not in the summer
I just don't think the club have the money to keep chopping and changing managers like Chelsea do. There's more pressure on us to make sure we nail our next appointment.

As much as I’m glad he is gone, I’m worried the squad we are left with is just not that good, I’m hoping his tactics were as bad as most of us have said otherwise we’re doomed and were in for a depressingly long season, I’m struggling to look at any of his most recent signings and say any of them look like decent players, I hope I’m wrong, I would love to be wrong

Didn't want Moyes. LvG and Jose I felt were past it. Ole and Rangnick weren't on my list either. Ten Hag was the first time we got the manager I actually wanted us to sign. Hope we'll never do that again, I obviously have no clue :lol:

Winning the cup against City felt amazing, though.

Thanks for ending the trophy drought and the FA Cup win but league form was abysmal for a long time. I was loyal but have to accept he has no excuses and he got given plenty of time but came up well short.

Wish him well.