Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

Give me time, I'll catch up if I am.

Two trophies and a top 4 in two seasons doesn't buy much I guess.

You and I are here because this club did once upon a time.
Everyone knew he was lucky to win the FA cup, the first goal blunder, Amrabat having the game of his life just to name a couple, it was a straight shoot out in a derby final
His league performances have been getting worse since the league cup win!
He was backed to the hills and emptied our war chest
Not up to it simply put, I appreciate someone has to play devils advocate but everyone knew this was going to happen in the summer

You're 90% sure we'll end up in 14th and performing consistently like a 14th place club for over a year under the next guy?
Same "crisis," different context.
Why not? Didn’t Emery change the fortunes of a club in less than 15 months? It’s about getting right manager and staff in.
We'll see, I'm open to being wrong.

A lot of the media were privy to us having discussions with managers before the summer, so I wouldn't say we are able to hide a lot. Maybe we did never consider Tuchel but then you had Flick. Many would consider Flick as hindsight but I've always considered him a top level manager, would've loved him here.

Even if you consider we've known Amorim is the man we want, again he was available in the summer as well so you could've given him much more time to get the team in order.
People change, opinions change. Amorim probably didn't want to join us in the summer when he was talking to Liverpool. Flick probably already agreed to go to Barca by the time we were deciding to make the change. And we officially didn't have Berrada and Ashworth start in their roles. We would have sued to death if it came out that those two were speaking to potential appointments while on gardening leave. Now, maybe those two were able to change his mind and convince Amorim to join us? As I said, a lot could have gone on behind the scenes which we don't really know.

They sacked ETH now and on the same day we are close to appointing our next manager. That is miles better than the kind of dithering we saw from the previous guys.

Everyone knew he was lucky to win the FA cup, the first goal blunder, Amrabat having the game of his life just to name a couple, it was a straight shoot out in a derby final
His league performances have been getting worse since the league cup win!
He was backed to the hills and emptied our war chest
Not up to it simply put, I appreciate someone has to play devils advocate but everyone knew this was going to happen in the summer
Please, give credit where it's due. We all knew he wasn't good enough but there's no need to discredit his achievements to make a point. There was nothing lucky about that FA cup triumph.

Please, give credit where it's due. We all knew he wasn't good enough but there's no need to discredit his achievements to make a point. There was nothing lucky about that FA cup triumph.
Lucky to be in the final in the first place though

I tell you what gave me the idea. The fact that our CEO and DoF joined in July, after the decision to keep Ten Hag was made.

It isn't a good look either sacking and hiring a manager for the new personnel are on board.

They clearly agreed with you, they didn't have the expertise, so kept him on whilst giving the new CEO and DoF the power to sack him 3 months into the season.

It would make less sense to sack a manager hire one that the CEO or DoF dont agree with.
That's not what I meant. Either way, the fact that United made it very clear that they considered the future of Ten Hag after the FA Cup final and came to the decision to let him stay is what irks me.

I like ten hag. I think he was dignified and desperately wanted to improve us and win, but it was clear this season that it just wasn't happening and had to go.

The usual comment here that the comments about him from large sections here were awful for quite a while. I'll never quite understand the vitriol, as opposed to criticism.

His first season was solid. I don't have much sense of regret with him leaving though, there was no way it was going to be turned around at this point.

A final positive is im not seeing a manager leave while have huge anger towards players. I think they all continued to try and are a better squad than we've seen.

Onwards and upwards

Standard PR I'd say. They wouldn't wanna be appearing as backstabbing cnuts.
Nothing from Amad though
Why do they have to be backstabbing? Can't they just have tried but the managers shit system hasn't worked anywhere outside of an Ajax team for about 18 months and with a very specific set of players in a poor league?

Anyone know if De Gea’s hand gesture post on Twitter was related to this?

All the available evidence suggests he really isn’t
Our club is toxic. I think that’s obvious. Reading the culture from leaks (not players but also staff). On top of that we have the media who love tearing us apart.

Looks like another United legend about to be thrown under the bus.

Still, good luck, Ruud. Survive with these players at least few months.

The players work hard enough. It's not a lack of application or attitude issue that's the problem.

A new manager can immediately improve this situation.

Our club is toxic. I think that’s obvious. Reading the culture from leaks (not players but also staff). On top of that we have the media who love tearing us apart.
How is it toxic? Because you want to believe that and we're not winning games? It's amazing how much winning or losing drives the narrative.

Most of the players that came in are Ten Hag's signings. Why would he sign toxic players who don't like him and don't want to play for him? I would agree with you if we still had the likes of Pogba here but we don't have any characters like him any more.

I don't know about you but I've seen the lads try every single game this season and there have been no rumours about any issues in the dressing room. With the likes of Wilcox and Ashworth now working on the squad building you can guarantee any toxic influence (like Sancho) was shown the door over the summer.

Such are the margins.

Not necessarily.

Because he's not just lucky, he has two trophies and a top 4 in two seasons.

I was glass half full, you were the opposite it seems. I can respect that.

He was lucky not to be sacked for finishing 8th. He was sacked because on top of that he has us at 14th

if he won 2 more matches he'd be lucky to have his job. He was lucky till we got rid

The players work hard enough. It's not a lack of application or attitude issue that's the problem.

A new manager can immediately improve this situation.
More intensity demanding manager than Ten Hag, who was quite mild on defensive aspects of the game ? Add to that most intense players in the squad (Malacia, Mount) being injured or without form ?

Sure, why the hell not.

There was a lot that went in our favour on the day and in the lead up to the final
We didn’t win because of his managerial skills that’s for sure

More intensity demanding manager than Ten Hag, who was quite mild on defensive aspects of the game ? Add to that most intense players in the squad (Malacia, Mount) being injured or without form ?

Sure, why the hell not.

Not sure of your point. I'm not asking for more defensive intensity from the new manager.

We won plenty of ball in the opponents third under ETH. Best in Europe wasn't it?

My point is this isn't some nightmare group of players that will sink any new manager like we might have had in the past. Their application is there.

There was a lot that went in our favour on the day and in the lead up to the final
Well the Athletic reported that the players and coaching staff begged him not to go toe to toe with City in the final and play a more counter attacking system. Safe to say if he would have gotten his way we would have got mauled.

Jesus Christ. By that logic, it's only fair to say that anything that went bad under him was also not because of his managerial skills. Just a lot that went against us which led him to have us in 14th this season and finished 8th last season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ootball-news/we-wont-bailing-him-out-30099888

I know that people don't love Luckhurst but if this stuff about players is true then.....feck me, good luck to Amorim.

Always take what he says with a massive pinch of salt. This man was tweeting that we were looking at Solskjaer coming back before Ornstein dropped his tweet. He has almost no sources at the club now. I remember him on some podcast or other talking bitterly how 'the club now briefs their favourites'.

Personally waiting for The Athletic pieces.

Not sure of your point. I'm not asking for more defensive intensity from the new manager.

We won plenty of ball in the opponents third under ETH. Best in Europe wasn't it?

My point is this isn't some nightmare group of players that will sink any new manager like we might have had in the past. Their application is there.
Application and actual availability during regular season shows how much application is sometimes worth. We have players who are not for the task for multiple, individual reasons. I'm actually poised to see consecutive matches where players are not displaying their problems and looking more like a unit, without Jonny Evans bailing them out, every 3 games.

I believe in new manager effect, it can be done immediately, but happens to be, some of our intense players (Malacia, Mount, Shaw) are simply unavailable, so I also have doubts for this season.

Proving themselves under new guy should still be priority for them. Amorim is highly energetic guy, but he's not a miracle worker, he'll need numbers on specific positions to play his optimal tactic from beginning. He'll demand more intensity than Ten Hag, in order to get something more than current form, and I can only hope, he won't be disappointed.

Erik was dead man walking, but they really wanted to wait until the end of the season, so just curious - would they have sacked him if he drew or won West Ham game? Because we only lost to West Ham because of a non-penalty penalty, and if Dalot was not a moron, we should have won it 0-1.

so, did Michael Oliver and Dalot sack Erik? Like, kinda? :)

With the league champions.

The team that won the league weeks prior to him taking over. With players who'd feature in all-time United XIs posted on here with little to no argument.
RVN is one of my favourite players. Feel for him here he has been given a really tough job. While we all questioned Ten Hags tactics . The biggest criticism for me was his signings in the transfer window. He had three bad windows and got in players no better than what Ole left behind. When Ole took over from Jose he had a decent squad full of internationals. It just went toxic and he got the feel good factor back in the place. Hate to see RVN get stick from fans and media this club needs a massive rebuild. I am rooting for him but it won’t be easy

I can relate to this. Im endeared to Ruud more than I ever was to Solskjaer as a player. Whatever happens I’m sure his legacy will remain intact, much like it has overall with Solskjaer. RVN might only be in charge for the shorterm