Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

We could have done this before the season started and prepared for the new season with a new coach instead of this mess.
Most people were already expecting another sht season under ETH so this is no surprise at all.

I would go with Ruud for the rest of the season (this season is already over anyway) and make a play for Ruben Amorim for the next season

We probably produced our best football under ETH against West Ham in first half. Result was awful but bit hilarious that he got the sack after a decent performance when they could have sacked him for much worse performance
Playing Casemiro instead of Ugarte was a massive two fingered salute to Wilcox. I imagine that's what ended things.

I said this the other day. Until United fans start holding people accountable for the shite they're offering up they will continue to do so. This 'back the manager' bollocks has to stop.

Yeah but how else can you qualify as a top red? I still reckon the fans will sing his name at the next home game.

Taking Xavi at United is akin to Barcelona taking Ole. Both legends who failed at their clubs.

He's not my cup of tea, but I think failure is a bit strong. Xavi took over an absolute mess and then won the league while getting closer to the style of play that's synonymous with the club. He got sacked, but so do most managers at some point.

Playing Casemiro instead of Ugarte was a massive two fingered salute to Wilcox. I imagine that's what ended things.
By most accounts, Wilcox wanted ETH gone from the moment he joined last season, and was also the one who pushed ETH to switch to a more pragmatic style of play in the last few games of last season, when our form picked up.

So I'm siding with Wilcox in the power struggle, and IMO he's one of the few people at the club who come out of this whole thing looking good.

Clear out? :lol:

Who do we need to clear out? Just the players Ten Hag brought in by the looks of things or do we clear out every single player? Then what? Who do we replace them with while we have FFP restrictions? Who wants our shite players also? You can't sell players that don't play well and are on big wages.

Is it just Rashford who needs to go then? After that the club will be transformed and we'll all pull together and win the league? And when we sell Rashford, who do we replace him with that can score 15+ goals a season in the PL? Those players are everywhere I bet, bet they're cheap also, and definitely want to join a team that is 14th in the league and going nowhere.
That's why clear out should be done way earlier, in Jose's era, but it wasn't and Ole did not have a voice in few key things. Surely we can find players with 15+ goals potential. Still Rashford looks better than our current crop (Sanch, Anto), but can he take the team somewhere else, he supposed to be one of the exprienced ones, and even lead team at some point. Turns out he has problems with himself and sometimes it does reflect on the team.

If Ruud or new guy after will be the right choice, a lot of things must happen before that imo. We still most likely won't have patience to give the new guy time, the pressure is killing everyone in the club so far.

Isn't that what we thought we were doing with LVG, Jose and Erik?

Obviously I agree with you and this post is in jest. The last ten years has just diminished my confidence in us being able to do that, so all I can resort to is the ridiculous and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
LVG and Mourinho were past their best. Individually they were arguably worth a shot in the hopes they could recover their prime, but having them one after the other when they had such completely different playstyle was stupid. And as it turned out, both clearly couldn't get back to their best.

ETH was the first time we hired the right profile of manager. It didn't work, but so what. Plenty of clubs all over Europe hire 'the next big thing' and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't they just fire them and try the next one. That's what we now need to do, although unfortunately we wasted far more time than what other better-run clubs normally do. Going forward that hopefully changes as the new hierarchy settle into their positions.

I'm relieved that he's gone and grateful for his time at the helm - he oversaw the Ronaldo, Sancho, and Greenwood situations, and won two cups despite the takeover happening around him.

Time for someone aligned with the vision of the footballing structure to move us another step into the INEOS era (even though I'm not fully behind them yet, it's a breath of fresh air to have a professional committee overseeing footballing operations).

I said this the other day. Until United fans start holding people accountable for the shite they're offering up they will continue to do so. This 'back the manager' bollocks has to stop.

I agree, too many people in the fanbase want to die on the hill for certain managers.

The players and the accepted culture of losing is the problem. Not the managers we’ve had.
Yeah, Sir Alex was just lucky to get players that enjoyed winning. He had nothing to do with building that winning culture as a leader for the staff and players. What a lucky feck he was!

I just don't get why stick with ETH for this long.
Obviously, he wasn't working and the team stagnated or got significantly worse. We saw no progress at all and in some aspects I actually think he did an worse job than the previous managers

In a parallel Universe, we could have taken all those chances and won the palace and WH games and would be sitting comfortably in 5th place and ETH might still be here ! part is me is glad that didn't happen.

Just not a good fit (bad decisions in recruitment, horrible game management, stubborn tactics etc etc etc..). i am glad that the management did not wait until Xmas .

Yeah, Sir Alex was just lucky to get players that enjoyed winning. He had nothing to do with building that winning culture as a leader for the staff and players. What a lucky feck he was!
Luckiest man in the world. First of all he got 26 season for little to no reason, then he got a bunch of kids on free transfers that liked winning games, and then he signed some players that also liked winning games.

5 months too late. But still glad INEOS finally pulled the trigger. It's incredible that despite all the backing he got, ETH couldn't bring out the best of his team. Promoting the odd special talent from the academy is united DNA, but which manager wouldn't do so? His in game management was abysmal, as evidenced by the numerous times he was tactically outclassed by his opponent.

More concerning is the regression you see in all the players that played for the club. Surely a minimum sign of a good manager is the ability to put your players in a position to succeed. ETH has shown himself to be tactically naive and stubborn.

Regardless of how Van Nistelrooy does as interim manager, hopefully we won't repeat the mistake of Solskjaer. Vibes is not a formula for long term success. We can only hope that INEOS walks the talk and recruit the 'best in class', For me personally, Amorin please!

That's why clear out should be done way earlier, in Jose's era, but it wasn't and Ole did not have a voice in few key things. Surely we can find players with 15+ goals potential. Still Rashford looks better than our current crop (Sanch, Anto), but can he take the team somewhere else, he supposed to be one of the exprienced ones, and even lead team at some point. Turns out he has problems with himself and sometimes it does reflect on the team.

If Ruud or new guy after will be the right choice, a lot of things must happen before that imo. We still most likely won't have patience to give the new guy time, the pressure is killing everyone in the club so far.
We literally give managers more time than any other big club in the world. That's part of the problem, as rather than replace a manager once he's taken us as far as he can we just let them continue on, tanking our results, destroying the belief and confidence, wasting valuable developmental time (especially for the younger players) and watching other top clubs pick up top managers as they quickly switch and change managers twice as fast as we do.

Let’s go and get Pep or Naglesmann

Time for Ineos to start acting like a big club

Feel a bit of relief now it's happened, it seemed inevitable so it's the best outcome for everyone concerned but it doesn't bring me much optimism, I don't see the rush to bring in a new manager with these players, let Ruud do his thing until the backroom staff and INEOS are fully organised. If there is to be a fresh start under Ruud then I guess one that focuses on the young players could be a positive step.

He has cleared out nearly entire squad. The only players he inherited who still have a significant role are Rashford, Bruno and Dalot. Maguire is a backup, Shaw is never healthy, everyone else is gone.

Rashford is not running the club behind the scenes and affecting everyone’s mentality insidiously. He does not have that much influence. Besides, he is the only reason why ten Hag won’t be looked back as the worst PL coach of the last 30 years as his purple patch of form in 22-23 was the only short period of time in which we performed respectably under him.
That's the thing, It's not enough, imo. Definitely not enough to new manager to take us forward, without us judging him and things leading it to another sack.

Rashford have some problems and it transcends on the pitch. He's in age where he should lead from time to time. Maguire is at some point captain material and despite trying, it's too late for him to turn it around in his age. Casemiro and Eriksen declining so the only option is Bruno, and Bruno can't take the whole pressure.

We do have a clearout ahead, lots of tough decisions, I know a lot of folks won't like it, but the managerial job isn't done. Somebody will need to step up as manager and push it forward, let more young players in, and hopefully find leaders on the pitch with ruthless mentality. I really hope Ruud or new guy will have that time given.

That's the thing, It's not enough, imo. Definitely not enough to new manager to take us forward, without us judging him and things leading it to another sack.

Rashford have some problems and it transcends on the pitch. He's in age where he should lead from time to time. Maguire is at some point captain material and despite trying, it's too late for him to turn it around in his age. Casemiro and Eriksen declining so the only option is Bruno, and Bruno can't take the whole pressure.

We do have a clearout ahead, lots of tough decisions, I know a lot of folks won't like it, but the managerial job isn't done. Somebody will need to step up as manager and push it forward, let more young players in, and hopefully find leaders on the pitch with ruthless mentality. I really hope Ruud or new guy will have that time given.
So basically what you are saying is clearing out all but 4 players in 3 years while spending £600m to replace all the departures was not enough, and if he only were able to replace Rashford things would be good. But because he didn’t, Rashford colluded with other players to get him fired.

He would reject us cause it’s the middle of the season. No top manager would move. We have to wait till the summer to have a chance at him.

We wait til Summer then Southgate is available. We need to move at Christmas or I fear the worst.

Some people sound like they still believe in the utopia of having a new, young exciting manager coming, having probably some test couple of seasons and then taking us back to our former glory winning trebles and such. Some still dream of catching the new Sir Alex, the new Arsene, etc.

Football is not that anymore, you're living in the past. It was like that 30 years ago. Now football, believe or not, is business. If your manager makes you lose revenue, he gets fired. Stop day dreaming about yesterday

"But but we are different, we are a different club" "trust the process" "mes que un cleb or something"

Tell that to the corporatives laughing at you the next time you buy a ticket to a game

These 4 men with millions of salary per year cocked up big time on retaining the manager in the summer and throw away another season. Hope they rectify their mistakes soon by appointing a right manager and salvage the season.

Two of the four weren't even at the club when they retained him.