Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

You say this like every other club doesnt operate in this way. And they all operate in this way because it's the ONLY way to do it and the ONLY way that works.

When managers fail, you sack them.

Unbelievable that people still don't get this. :rolleyes:

Woof....this has come as such a relief. Although, the anxiety levels regarding the state of the club remain the same. We wasted quarter of our season and another gbp 200m hoping for a miracle when it was plenty obvious to anyone who knows even a little about football that ETH wasn't cut out for the job. It's so frustrating watching the higher ups at the club make feck-up after feck-up for the last 12 seasons.

I don't know if they'll get it right this time, but hope springs eternal.

We go again!

It should have happened at the last break. Let's hope there is enough time and the players/coaches put in maximum effort to salvage something from this season.
If it had been up to me it would have happened over a year ago. He won a cup afterwards, so I would have been wrong in some people's mind but he lost me about 12 months ago.

You say this like every other club doesnt operate in this way. And they all operate in this way because it's the ONLY way to do it and the ONLY way that works.

When managers fail, you sack them.
Someone needs to install a powerful laser outside OT with those words beamed into the sky for all fans to see

We will probably let managers sign players they want at some point. Better start preparing stones to throw at next appointment, with no guarantees of winning even a league cup.
Haha have you heard yourself? Lamenting the sacking of a manager who has dragged us into the mud of mediocracy, gaslighted the shit out of the fans, and signed players like Antony and Mount with no idea how to use them effectively. If you want to be the manager of Manchester United you have to win games, it's that simple.

Let's make appointment every six months then. Should speed up the process... but by luck is not exacly how world works, right ? There has to be calculation from time to time, to actually appoint an upgrade, rather than another random manager.

Another appointment will need proably need another year on assessing things... if only people had patience for that.

You're talking like that isn't what happens? LVG got 2 full years. Jose, Ole and Hag all got 2.5.

If you cant improve a club in that time or are going rapidly backwards you are never going to succeed there. Ever. Period.

RVN is one of my favourite players. Feel for him here he has been given a really tough job. While we all questioned Ten Hags tactics . The biggest criticism for me was his signings in the transfer window. He had three bad windows and got in players no better than what Ole left behind. When Ole took over from Jose he had a decent squad full of internationals. It just went toxic and he got the feel good factor back in the place. Hate to see RVN get stick from fans and media this club needs a massive rebuild. I am rooting for him but it won’t be easy

Last edited:
You're talking like that isn't what happens? LVG got 2 full years. Jose, Ole and Hag all got 2.5.

If you cant improve a club in that time or are going rapidly backwards you are never going to succeed there. Ever. Period.
I was going to ask him what club he thinks he's talking about :lol:

There is no big club or fanbase in Europe more patient with managers than ours and that's been part of the problem!

Huge error from INEOS that may cost us a season. He should have been sacked in the summer. And he definitely should have been sacked in the international break. It was clear to everyone he was a dead man walking. Good they finally made the obvious decision but it should have done sooner.
We got 4 games than the next international break. A new manager should be appointed latest by the end of the next international break on Nov 24th

What will happen to players like Onana? Who were bought in to suit Ten Hag's "playing style".

These kind of things are mainly BS, only extremely peculiar players are limited by "playing style", it's basically pure wingbacks which are very uncommon. Just think about this do Inzaghi(Inter) and ETH are known for the same style? One is a CL finalist with Onana while the other just got sacked.

About time - no idea why this didn't happen weeks ago. Was West Ham really the last straw?

I think it might have been. Playing a poor team in terrible form, and still couldn't win. Couldn't even draw. I think it was the last nail in the coffin that if Ten Hag can't even get results in these games, the jig was up.

It's a weird feeling. I wanted him sacked but now that he's sacked I still have no confidence this group of players can turn the season around.

6 months too late. Thank feck he is gone.
Just like last season this one is already fecked.
What a grim era this is.

Jose was an upgrade on LvG, then Ole was recruited, then came ETH, so we can finally rely on Ruud saving the club.

By the look of things, it's a rollercoaster not exactly forward, sometimes even straight into the grave.

6 months late and could cost us the season.
It's a weird feeling. I wanted him sacked but now that he's sacked I still have no confidence this group of players can turn the season around.
There should be at least some improvement even with Ruud for the rest of the season. A new manager in/due seems to give that extra few % of effort which makes a lot of difference.

Looks like another United legend about to be thrown under the bus.

Still, good luck, Ruud. Survive with these players at least few months.
:lol: Unbelievable that people are still using that narrative when squad turnover is so high. It's like they don't even notice that there are new players around.

I will help you. It’s not the players.

This core group with a few crap amendments from Erik are a Top 4 team. How do we know that? Well when things are running correctly and our best players are played to their strengths we finish 3rd, 2nd and 3rd.

When the opposite happens we finish 7th and 8th. But guess what even though Erik tried to sabotage us with rubbish tactics and a few dodgy players.

But so what if the cups are doing heavy lifting? We were shite in the FA Cup for far too long. Same with the EFL Cup.

city and the scousers regularly get to the final of these competitions. We should be aswell.
Not at the expense of setting negative records on a weekly basis in the league.

Also, cup runs can give you all kinds of opposition. Manager A might get easy cup runs while Manager B gets much harder cup runs, so of course the first one should go further. Without going through all the different cup fixtures of the managers I can't say if that's the case here, but I do know that Ole had more difficult cup fixtures than ETH. Both mostly played PL opposition in all the domestic cups, but ETH played most of his at home while Ole was mostly away.

Once INEOs starts to synchronise strategy with the intuitive Caf posters who know better we will be fine. I’ve sent the club an email with a link to the ETH thread , they will soon know who called it…..

Someone like Potter or Southgate may be attractive as a developer and club builder, if not an out and out winner. That’s the kind of position/project we are in right now and Ashworth has worked with them both previously also so will know all about them. I think this is the path we will take, uninspiring as it may be.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ruud in place until January now, and then Southgate appointed when he’s back to work

If Potter (and) or Southgate gets hired, whoever is behind their acquisition should be fired from the club with immediate effect.

We cannot allow the executive class at United carte blanche to spaff it up the wall, whilst coining it in hiring their mates.

:lol: Unbelievable that people are still using that narrative when squad turnover is so high. It's like they don't even notice that there are new players around.
Even if it were true, that would mean ETH's own hand-selected players that he had previously worked with were throwing him under the bus. That wouldn't reflect well on him either, would it?

Even if it were true, that would mean ETH's own hand-selected players that he had previously worked with were throwing him under the bus. That wouldn't reflect well on him either, would it?
It makes him look even worse.

But trophies aren't important apparently.
I swear we're the only fanbase in the world that would downplay a cup final win against our local rivals.

Most damaging manager we've had. Oh come on, that's absurd.

But so what if the cups are doing heavy lifting? We were shite in the FA Cup for far too long. Same with the EFL Cup.

city and the scousers regularly get to the final of these competitions. We should be aswell.
Meanwhile, NOT winning trophies was the most common stick used to beat Ole.

Its just lazy.. Ten Hag has signed over 11 players. Its definitely not the case for the same players throwing him under, he simply wasn't good enough.

Oh yes, I forgot ETH signed a lot of players that shockingly resemble the same old. Not to mention that the new players are constantly injured too, so he must play the old ones.

Ruud won't fix one thing with current squad mentality. ETH, just like Jose should be more ruthless, and they weren't.

The players and the accepted culture of losing is the problem. Not the managers we’ve had.

They've been speaking to coaches in the last couple of weeks so you would think they have something on the go for now or the summer.

They also somehow reviewed last season thoroughly and came up with the idea that ETH was the best option...

Yeah but they don't mean those players, they mean all these players that have been here under multiple managers...

Which leaves probably just Rashford and Lindelöf right? Man, those two must be toxic as feck if that's the case...

The players were celebrating the 4-3 result against Bayern. Says it all
Where does this come from? I'm just curious to where this was reported?

There was something very odd about what happened after the league cup final. I think it was against Fulham or West Ham the next match but the club was making a desperate point about maintaining good vibes and celebrating success with a load of pre-match awards. Roy Keane was on commentary and said he didn't like it (what's new!? :lol: ) but I remember thinking it was all a bit excessive. Our form and general play pretty much sank from that point onward.

They also somehow reviewed last season thoroughly and came up with the idea that ETH was the best option...
Well they made offers to Tuchel and De Zerbi so we know that's bullshit. I think they will prefer the option of having the entire season to do a managerial search instead of a month during the summer.

Oh yes, I forgot ETH signed a lot of players that shockingly resemble the same old. Not to mention that the new players are constantly injured too, so he must play the old ones.

Ruud won't fix one thing with current squad mentality. ETH, just like Jose should be more ruthless, and they weren't.

Oh yes the ones he signed are always injured.

Ugarte, Antony, Zirkzee, Eriksen, De Ligt are always injured. Injuries cannot be an excuse this season.

Since the Jose sacking, how many players are actually here? Rashford, Shaw and Dalot?

No the club doesn't need something new. They need a manager who can work within the game model and train/ motivate the players, and manage in game better than ETH was able to

That's exactly what he's talking about, the club need a new manager.