Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

In saying that, the cups are doing a lot of heavy lifting for ETH. If we limit it to just the PL then he drops to the bottom of the pile.

Mouinrho: 1.89
Ole: 1.80
LVG: 1.78
Moyes: 1.72
ETH: 1.71
And this is why he’s been sacked, albeit a year too late.

The league form has been fecking atrocious.

From the wording of the official post I very much doubt that Ruud will be in charge for more then 2-3 games at max
Which is fine, but I presume the next manager *may* keep him around. I do think at least Hojlund's movement has improved - not saying that's all down to Ruud but its notable considering how little game time he s had since coming off the injury. I dont get the impression Ruud is tied at the hip with EtH

Honestly no idea why we waited till now. Should have just done it in the international break. I’m relieved it’s over.

Surely the next bloke can’t be anywhere near a bad.

ever since the cup win over newcastle the footy has been pretty much dreadful. This was just a painfully obvious choice that shouldve been made over the summer. Instead the club let knee jerk fans cost us this season as well.

Let's hope Ineos learn their lesson over this. Put clauses into future contracts for sitting in mid-table.
Also, don't let fan pressure force your hand.
They've overseen us hitting rock bottom, now what?..

Welcome to modern football
Most of our fanbase needs the Good Will Hunting treatment, but instead of being told "it's not your fault", the therapist needs to endlessly repeat "all football clubs sack underperforming managers".

Well at last they have made the inevitable decision. Albeit far too late.
This is hardly the most promising start by the ineos leadership team. Rather difficult to see how they could have handled it any worse.

Dithering during the summer could be put down to fact that they were still very new to the job or not yet set up. So I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt in just extending the manager contract.

I don't have a problem with appointing RVN and it is down to him now to persuade them that he is the right person to take the club back to the top.
So I wish him all the very best.
He has taken on easily the most difficult job in world sport, in my opinion.

Did I say that? My point is that this idea that the manager did little wrong and it's just the players letting him down is a fantasy.
Make up your mind what exactly is your point, then, because these players will eat Ruud on breakfast if he'll try demand more.

End of an era. He had to go but I have to thank him for getting rid of Ronaldo and Sancho, two of the biggest bellends we have had at the club recently.

Make up your mind what exactly is your point, then, because these players will eat Ruud on breakfast if he'll try demand more.
The players lack quality, but I see little evidence that they didn't follow ETH's incoherent tactics and gameplan up until the end.

Players having to run too much in training last season and being stiff the next day, according to that.

It's difficult to sift through what is true, but that's an interesting article that I definitely didn't use a paywall filter to access.

About time. Ruud will bring back the feel good factor at the club. Expecting a new manager bounce and quickly, similar to Ole.

Fans need to stop seeing legends at the club as a bad thing and step into 2024. That's only online anyway - the atmosphere was rocking in Ole's early days.
thats about the only thing he’ll bring as a manager. A good bounce that’ll last for a few weeks. As the season’s pretty young still, I want us to get a proper interim manager and not settle for Ruud till the end of the season

But the fans actually do have a bit of responsibility for the shitshow we are
I'm not sure how that relates to my post. My point is that our fans need it drilled into their heads that sacking managers is a completely normal thing that all football clubs do.

If I may be allowed a quick whinge, this sacking should have happened the week after the FA Cup win. What has happened this season was predictable and many of us actually predicted it.

The way forward is for another thread, but my feeling now is a combination of anger and relief.

We keep thinking this and yet...

Yea that is quite right. A succession of capable managers have walked in and been kicked out since Sir Alex.
And I keep hoping that this time we have got it right, only to be disappointed like the rest of us.

Yet other clubs have made a much better job of recruiting the right person.

The players lack quality, but I see little evidence that they didn't follow ETH's incoherent tactics and gameplan up until the end.
Oh some of these players lack more than just quality. They'll smell blood, and they'll exploit it. Ole was perfect example. Manager is to blame, sure. You'll see how everyone will throw stones at Ruud or next appointment, perhaps sooner than later.

I wonder if next appointment will even sniff the silverware, even league cup for that matter.

Inappropriate Behavior
Is there a non-paywall version?
Moderator: Content deleted. As surely everyone knows, we cannot copy paywalled articles in full on the forum, it can cause the owner legal issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was kept very quiet which is an improvement from previous sackings, was obvious it should have happened in the summer and that keeping him beyond the international break was a waste of but at least it hasn’t gone on any longer.

ETH did well to win two trophies but post Carabao Cup Final he has been pathetic in the league and Europe.

Be interesting to see what happens now, I don’t think Nagelsman will be interested and Amorim is likely to wait for City so could be between Xavi and Frank.