Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

The timing of this has pissed me off. Why didn't we do this after the Spurs abomination? INEOS reactive instead of proactive like their predecessors.
When you start looking at the available options to replace him, you quickly see why they wanted to hang on if they could.

Nothing screams out of your depth more than just buying all your old players, probably knowing full well half decent Ajax players aren’t good enough for United.
Yeh and then also not even trying to play the same way you did with those players.. its just so odd

It had to happen and really should have happened sooner. Ruud isn't very good, so unless they have a good permanent replacement lined up, the season is effectively a write-off. Missing the boat on Tuchel by a matter of weeks might be something United look back on with regret - of the current unemployed managers, he stood the best chance of making an immediate impact.

YAAAAAAAAY!!!

(unfortunately due to how the last decade has played out I have zero confidence that Ruud or the next manager can steady the ship and get us on the right track.....)

Still... YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Not true. They heavily downed tools last year for a certain part of season and only picked up when they saw ETH will stay the season and some more. Rashford being the main protagonist of that.
Rashford and maybe Casemiro for a period are the only players that can perhaps be pointed to. Otherwise, it was actually quite obvious that the players kept trying their best despite the entire system and set-up of the team being incredibly bad, where the manager was basically setting them up to fail and asking them to do an impossible job. It was so bad that it was actually impressive that the players didn't rebel.

Had to happen. Took too long to happen. I think keeping him after the FA cup win was correct, but should have gone after Spurs.

Now really need to get rid of Bruno and Rashford otherwise the next manager will have the same problems. Can’t have two c list players given the importance of prime Messi & Ronaldo when more often then not they are a hindrance.

Agreed! I actually thought he’d eventually bench Bruno when he first came in, but he turned him into captain instead.

As for Rashford, I bet you he miraculously gets a lot better right away

Don't feel bad for ETH that he got fired. He's getting well-compensated, compared to some of you sympathizers. That's part of the job. He'll kick back, roll in his money, move to another job and get paid good money. (He won't feel sorry for us when we get let go from our wage-slave gigs.) I'd feel bad for those laid off by INEOS a few weeks ago though - folks like us who're on regular wages, regular jobs - how many sympathetic posts did we see for them from the same ETH sympathizers?

The rest of us get to see if we have a chance at enjoying watching United again. Managers are the ones who setup winning tactics and adjustments, reward performing players and hold non-performing players accountable (else, coach them up to where they'll perform, else, recommend no contract renewals after) - was that happening at United with ETH?

Looks like another United legend about to be thrown under the bus.

Still, good luck, Ruud. Survive with these players at least few months.

The dream to emulate Ajax's great run of UCL 18/19 is truly over now isn't it. What should we do? What is next?
On serious note, let be honest, Eric's great run here was up until that League Cup final. Since then it was a downhill battle with very few outstanding matches in between.
Good luck Erik, shame it didn't work out like many of us hope for.

Very impressed by the lack of leaks from the club. No one had a clue this was going to happen this morning.

The question is why now? Why not after Spurs or the international break? My guess is something has changed in the last week….

That is way too harsh. He did won 2 trophies.
It's not harsh though. I'd rather play decent football than win a couple of domestic cups. In that regard he's been a complete and utter failure. The league and CL are the only real measuring sticks. The football he's had us play the last 18 months is the worst we've played the last 40 years and the good performances have been way too few and far between, despite winning a couple of cups. It's been a disaster, nothing less. Much worse than any of the other post Fergie managers, while getting backed the most. I wanted him in and thought he'd do great here based on his record with Ajax, but it was just a horrible fit and should have been sacked in the summer (at latest).

Should have been sacked right after the Liverpool loss. Our lot just pissed away this entire season.

The first 6 months of his tenure have completely bamboozled this fanbase. We have been an awful football team since the Carabao Cup.
Yes we've been an objectively terrible side and easy to beat for the last 18 months...

Should have been sacked right after the Liverpool loss. Our lot just pissed away this entire season.
Honestly he should have been sacked last winter.
Then however we were in the limbo of ownership.
So with that excuse in mind, he should have been sacked in summer.

It's absolute shambles that we are now in the position of either finishing three quarter of another season with an interim or scrambling for free agent mangers to come in mid season. INEOS fecked this up truly and badly.

Looks like another United legend about to be thrown under the bus.

Still, good luck, Ruud. Survive with these players at least few months.
We're still going with the "players let the manager down" theory? This squad has completely turned over in the last 2-3 years.

Agreed! I actually thought he’d eventually bench Bruno when he first came in, but he turned him into captain instead.

As for Rashford, I bet you he miraculously gets a lot better right away
Why would it be miraculous? If the manager is not imparting a proper system or the right tactics to get the best out of the team then why do you expect Rashford to be able to single-handedly overcome that? What about ALL of the other players that have been ineffective under ETH? In fact, bar Dalot last season, who has done well under ETH and therefore why would it be miraculous if they did better under a better manager?

Thank Christ we got there in the end, was dreading another few months of it.

Rashford and Antony need to be moved on next and Bruno should be on the bench til he improves.

Hope to Christ the next permanent manager is the right one.

We're still going with the "players let the manager down" theory? This squad has completely turned over in the last 2-3 years.
Really ? Then how Maguire and Lindelof are still in the club ?

On top of that we have a set of new cynical ones in Sancho and Antony.

Really ? Then how Maguire and Lindelof are still in the club ?

On top of that we have a set of new cynical ones in Sancho and Antony.
Lindelof barely plays, and Maguire pretty much kept ETH in his job last season despite being unwanted at the time

TenHag did his best. Unlucky with few things (injuries, referees, missed chances, poor players and so on) but results are what counts. Wish him nothing else but luck and let us see who fans turn on this time.

It is always managers who are thrown under the bus.

Looking forward in 3 years for this same thread on the next manager
Probably. The average tenure of a manager in the top European leagues is around 2 years, IIRC. Nothing wrong with sacking managers when it's not working out.

That was long overdue.

It will be interesting to see how the team reacts over the next couple of games.

Over to you INEOS. Correct decision, now find a successful replacement. Ruud is unproven and should be short-term only.

Oh so you must be thinking that Ruud or next appointment will do just fine and differently with them, right ?
Did I say that? My point is that this idea that the manager did little wrong and it's just the players letting him down is a fantasy.