Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Paywall bandwagon really due to battlefront.

GTA online has always had requirements to do certain things, spend the time, earn the dollar, buy what you need (apartment, cars, garage) and get the next part of the shit.

It's progression.

Everyone wants everything from day one. Spoilt cnuts.

Unless I've missed something and you actually need to use real money to get it?

It is amusing to see people moan about free DLC. It's not like the game forces you to buy the new stuff.

It's an argument i see across many games, casual gamers moan that they can't get all of the things those with more time to invest can. They actually want no progressive features so they don't feel like they miss out. Ridiculous argument.

It is amusing to see people moan about free DLC. It's not like the game forces you to buy the new stuff.

It's an argument i see across many games, casual gamers moan that they can't get all of the things those with more time to invest can. They actually want no progressive features so they don't feel like they miss out. Ridiculous argument.
But how 'free' is the DLC if it is effectively hidden behind a paywall?

The game does not force you to buy the new vehicles, but it does force you to buy some of the new content if you want to actually fully play the DLC. If you and a group of your friends wants to play the new heists, one of you must buy some of the new content. And to even do this, you must have already bought some of the content from one of the previous DLCs (to host the heist, you must buy a facility, to buy a facility, you must be a CEO, VIP or MC boss - each of which requires you to buy their respective offices, bunkers or hideouts).

I can understand the vehicles themselves being something that you need to grind towards buying...but I don't think you should have to grind towards even being able to do the new DLC itself.

It is like the Gunrunning DLC - you could buy one of the vehicles if you have enough money (or if you do enough of the supply missions, you unlock the cheaper price...but to do that you must buy the bunker in the first place), but if you want to be able to modify the vehicle, or upgrade it, then you need to buy the bunker, then you need to buy the MOC, then you need to unlock the research of the modification you want (and this is done in a random order - and there are 51 research items each taking over 3 hours of ingame time to unlock). Of course, you can fast track the research if you want to pay, but that cost is apparently close to $20m in game money - which is a sum well beyond any casual gamer, and pretty much anyone except modders or glitchers (also considering you then need a similar amount to pay for the vehicles, bunkers etc).

The bottom line is that some campanies (EA and others) have been rightly criticised for implmenting a pay to win / pay to play approach, whereas R* seem to have done so under the radar - it never used to be as much of a grind as it has become.

But how 'free' is the DLC if it is effectively hidden behind a paywall?

The game does not force you to buy the new vehicles, but it does force you to buy some of the new content if you want to actually fully play the DLC. If you and a group of your friends wants to play the new heists, one of you must buy some of the new content. And to even do this, you must have already bought some of the content from one of the previous DLCs (to host the heist, you must buy a facility, to buy a facility, you must be a CEO, VIP or MC boss - each of which requires you to buy their respective offices, bunkers or hideouts).

I can understand the vehicles themselves being something that you need to grind towards buying...but I don't think you should have to grind towards even being able to do the new DLC itself.

It is like the Gunrunning DLC - you could buy one of the vehicles if you have enough money (or if you do enough of the supply missions, you unlock the cheaper price...but to do that you must buy the bunker in the first place), but if you want to be able to modify the vehicle, or upgrade it, then you need to buy the bunker, then you need to buy the MOC, then you need to unlock the research of the modification you want (and this is done in a random order - and there are 51 research items each taking over 3 hours of ingame time to unlock). Of course, you can fast track the research if you want to pay, but that cost is apparently close to $20m in game money - which is a sum well beyond any casual gamer, and pretty much anyone except modders or glitchers (also considering you then need a similar amount to pay for the vehicles, bunkers etc).

The bottom line is that some campanies (EA and others) have been rightly criticised for implmenting a pay to win / pay to play approach, whereas R* seem to have done so under the radar - it never used to be as much of a grind as it has become.

It costs no real world money therefore it is free. Just because GTA uses a monetary token system to unlock stuff doesn't màke it pay to play no more than if quests unlocked the heists say "do this X times".

Its only really detrimental to those who pay to play as costs have escalated but again thats a choice and the argument "it costs too much for me to skip the grind" doesn't really hold.

Having to do stuff to unlock features is a pretty fundamental concept. The only reason its an issue is because its DLC and people want to play it straight away.

Paywall bandwagon really due to battlefront.

GTA online has always had requirements to do certain things, spend the time, earn the dollar, buy what you need (apartment, cars, garage) and get the next part of the shit.

It's progression.

Everyone wants everything from day one. Spoilt cnuts.

Unless I've missed something and you actually need to use real money to get it?

What are you going on about? That’s not even the complaint about your so called paywall bandwagon.

If it was long progression for everyone there wouldn’t be much complaints. The issue everyone has specifically in Star Wars you have somebody who could just spend money to unlock the hero’s giving them advantage. Effectively making the game pay to win.

I would be up for it too!

I played a bit over Christmas and forgot how much I enjoyed the game - specifically the driving.

There are F1 cars being added soon (along with dedicated F1 races) and the liveries are all inspired by the classic teams:

80803715_266856620942015_411743078873199100_n.jpg

Would be up for playing for a bit to build funds - also trying out the new heist.

When was it updated? I popped on a month or so ago but without the crew it wasn't the same.
It was updated last week – and you can download GTA Online for free (it's now a separate app to GTA V)

I tried it and the driving feels much more responsive with the higher frame rate – and everything looks cleaner.

The biggest difference was the haptic feedback and the triggers - really made driving feel better.

Havent. Last time I tried online was on PC about 6-7 months ago.

Its defo shite without a crew but the motivation to jump back in isnt there.

Hopefully we're all still alive for GTA 6 online?

Yep not the same without the crew sadly.

Some of the times we had racing on our lap of the island were the funniest I can remember having online! So hard to drive when you are in tears!!

And completing the Criminal Mastermind is still probably my greatest gaming achievement!!

Reactions: Big-Red
Yep not the same without the crew sadly.

Some of the times we had racing on our lap of the island were the funniest I can remember having online! So hard to drive when you are in tears!!

And completing the Criminal Mastermind is still probably my greatest gaming achievement!!

Completing the criminal mastermind would have been my greatest achievement too if it weren't for that @NotoriousISSY :lol:

Aye those races were feckin epic. Everything we did was hilarious for some reason. Certain people getting worked up over others not being serious was always great.

Crew has basically been disbanded. I popped on before it was updated and most of the names except for mine were in other crews. *cough* Bred *cough*
Fair point - I changed the crew logo to a Nike Swoosh as figured it was just me!

Completing the criminal mastermind would have been my greatest achievement too if it weren't for that @NotoriousISSY :lol:

Aye those races were feckin epic. Everything we did was hilarious for some reason. Certain people getting worked up over others not being serious was always great.
Feck off :lol:

Races/Stunter Vs sniper mode were stupidly funny though.

That's because I was always getting knocked off, not because people weren't taking it seriously :lol: plus I may have also been slightly intoxicated most the time.
I remember those races with one of the cars that got easily deformed...some of the comments were so too far past the line...but I think everyone was in tears!!