Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
What's the CM challenge? I'm gonna need to start earning $$$ soon
CM = Criminal Mastermind i.e. complete all heists in order with the same group without dying (yes, 0 deaths on all heists for all people in the same group).

I'd certainly be up for that. @Damien seems to be up for it as well.

By the way, Damien, my PSN is BigRonShikken. See if I'm sharing my stats or not.

It's quite the undertaking.

It's actually pretty easy up until the last heist where Issy dies stupidly.

It doesn't help if you have a damo either really, he's always prone to do something stupid. Although, he took a back seat in the cm challenge on our last attempt and didn't die. Issy did.

It's much easier if all are mic'd up too. Communication really is key. I'd say do all heists once at least before attempting the cm challenge otherwise someone is likely to die. Like Issy did.

Did I mention Issy died when we tried?

@NotoriousISSY

It's actually pretty easy up until the last heist where Issy dies stupidly.

It doesn't help if you have a damo either really, he's always prone to do something stupid. Although, he took a back seat in the cm challenge on our last attempt and didn't die. Issy did.

It's much easier if all are mic'd up too. Communication really is key. I'd say do all heists once at least before attempting the cm challenge otherwise someone is likely to die. Like Issy did.

Did I mention Issy died when we tried?

@NotoriousISSY
Hmm, I'd fear I'd die like this mystery cafite you hint towards(and I'd hate myself for ruining everyones challenge). Even got a bit shot up there during the Series A missions earlier.

I wonder who that cafite was anyway.....

CM = Criminal Mastermind i.e. complete all heists in order with the same group without dying (yes, 0 deaths on all heists for all people in the same group).

I'd certainly be up for that. @Damien seems to be up for it as well.

By the way, Damien, my PSN is BigRonShikken. See if I'm sharing my stats or not.

gonna be honest there is no chance I would ever make it through all missions without dying I'm reckless haha

Because if he dies everyone fails the CM challenge.
True - but then depending on where someone dies, you either restart, or just continue. If you continue, then those that haven't already got them will get the Loyalty and All In Order bonuses ($2m) plus the money from the heists, plus the $100k for doing each heist for the first time.

If you take your time, then barring something unfortunate happening - as happened to Issy - then I think it is very doable. Up until Issy died, I don't think anyone came close to dying when we tried - we had more close scrapes when we successfully did it with Stoney, Red and Levo.

True - but then depending on where someone dies, you either restart, or just continue. If you continue, then those that haven't already got them will get the Loyalty and All In Order bonuses ($2m) plus the money from the heists, plus the $100k for doing each heist for the first time.

If you take your time, then barring something unfortunate happening - as happened to Issy - then I think it is very doable. Up until Issy died, I don't think anyone came close to dying when we tried - we had more close scrapes when we successfully did it with Stoney, Red and Levo.
I actually think by being over cautious we caused ourselves issues.

I'd be up for trying heists again anyway just for the money if nothing else my problem is I don't get a long enough run online to do a lot of it at once

gonna be honest there is no chance I would ever make it through all missions without dying I'm reckless haha
Hadn't noticed, tbh.... :smirk:
What's the harm in trying? :angel: Besides, we'll all have a blast of a time.
You're right about that.

Aye, even if the CM fails, there's plenty of snaps to be made.

I did some more of the Sightseer VIP jobs - actually really like them. They are very straight-forward - you have a set time to collect 3 packages from different spots on the map. You unlock the location of each one via your phone - each one has a small minigame - like finding the string of 4 numbers in the scrolling list of numbers - and then you travel to the location and collect the briefcase.

Some of the other VIP modes have you stealing a car from the police, or from Merryweather. Those are ok, but feature so many enemies spawning that doing them alone is very challenging. I stole the car from the police station, and then exhausted all 10 body armours trying to drive the car to the delivery point - there were more police on that journey than on the finale of the Pacific Standard heist! That not only makes it more challenging, but also more expensive in terms of ammo and armour.

The Sightseer jobs don't feature any enemies - so is a very chilled out (and super quick) way to make money - especially if you use a helicopter. That way you can get all 3 within 5 minutes and make $23k. It's also a nice way to try out the new vehicles - the time is relaxed enough that you aren't too pressured. There also seems to be enough variation in where the briefcases are.

The only down side is that there is a 10 min cool-down time before you can repeat the job.

So you could do 5-6 sightseer jobs in an hour, 113-136k an hour sounds like more than you'd get grinding contact missions.

Depening on how much time you have for doing other junk between missions, it'd probably be a faster moneyspinner than heisting even(ignoring the challenge bonuses).

EDIT: It's going to be patched so you can't do it solo, isn't it?!

So you could do 5-6 sightseer jobs in an hour, 113-136k an hour sounds like more than you'd get grinding contact missions.

Depening on how much time you have for doing other junk between missions, it'd probably be a faster moneyspinner than heisting even(ignoring the challenge bonuses).

EDIT: It's going to be patched so you can't do it solo, isn't it?!

Am hoping that's a question - rather than something you've read!

You could do a mission during the cool-down as well - something quick but still pays well (Trash Talk, Extradition, Crystal Clear Out etc) - so it probably is the fastest money spinner!

You do unfortunately need $1m to be the VIP...

Am hoping that's a question - rather than something you've read!
Less a question that an "oh god no" panic moment.
You could do a mission during the cool-down as well - something quick but still pays well (Trash Talk, Extradition, Crystal Clear Out etc) - so it probably is the fastest money spinner!
Yeah! I like Water the Vineyard, decent pay(15-20k) for a ridiculously easy mission given that you can just drive in the side of the vineyard and snipe the judge before he sees you and runs.
You do unfortunately need $1m to be the VIP...
Also a helicopter I guess to make it that quick(I don't have one, usually just call Merryweather and pop the pilot), gotta speculate to accumulate.

Less a question that an "oh god no" panic moment.

Yeah! I like Water the Vineyard, decent pay(15-20k) for a ridiculously easy mission given that you can just drive in the side of the vineyard and snipe the judge before he sees you and runs.

Also a helicopter I guess to make it that quick(I don't have one, usually just call Merryweather and pop the pilot), gotta speculate to accumulate.

Good to hear it's just a thought!

Yep - getting the heli that way works - although if you do a mission inbetween you will have to call the heli again (not sure how much that costs each time). I have set my spawn point to my yacht, then use the helicopter from there. Having a helicopter on hand at your spawn point is one of the best things about the yachts - had wanted them to add a helipad to an apartment / house, so v happy with it.

Good to hear it's just a thought!

Yep - getting the heli that way works - although if you do a mission inbetween you will have to call the heli again (not sure how much that costs each time). I have set my spawn point to my yacht, then use the helicopter from there. Having a helicopter on hand at your spawn point is one of the best things about the yachts - had wanted them to add a helipad to an apartment / house, so v happy with it.
Aye, a helipad at an apartment would be ideal, glad that they yachts are a workaround. Calling one is $1000 a go, not too bad, but would add up over time.

I did some more of the Sightseer VIP jobs - actually really like them. They are very straight-forward - you have a set time to collect 3 packages from different spots on the map. You unlock the location of each one via your phone - each one has a small minigame - like finding the string of 4 numbers in the scrolling list of numbers - and then you travel to the location and collect the briefcase.

Some of the other VIP modes have you stealing a car from the police, or from Merryweather. Those are ok, but feature so many enemies spawning that doing them alone is very challenging. I stole the car from the police station, and then exhausted all 10 body armours trying to drive the car to the delivery point - there were more police on that journey than on the finale of the Pacific Standard heist! That not only makes it more challenging, but also more expensive in terms of ammo and armour.

The Sightseer jobs don't feature any enemies - so is a very chilled out (and super quick) way to make money - especially if you use a helicopter. That way you can get all 3 within 5 minutes and make $23k. It's also a nice way to try out the new vehicles - the time is relaxed enough that you aren't too pressured. There also seems to be enough variation in where the briefcases are.

The only down side is that there is a 10 min cool-down time before you can repeat the job.
Might sell the T20, get a mil and grind the VIP jobs...

Might sell the T20, get a mil and grind the VIP jobs...
:eek:

I think the only VIP jobs that you can solo are the Sightseer, and then one where you collect a vehicle from a police station, and a similar one where you connect it from different groups (Merryweather etc). Those missions pay less than the sightseer one, but take longer, have more risk of dying, and have ammo costs.

It sounds as though the Festive update will only have one vehicle, and the next DLC is rumoured to be linked to the Lowriders - so don't think I need funds for them really.

But I do want to build up cash again, so will get a few of these done.

Or we could, you know, actually do the first person heists :)

Need you for a test later Swoosh, bought a supercar killer potentially.

Yeah, it's pretty monstrous, 4th fastest car in the game(Z-Type, Adder, Dominator stock car, Schafter V12), 3rd in Online, but a little unwieldy at full pelt and the acceleration isn't the best.

If you can drive you'll be fine ;)

R* have classed the Armoured V12 as a sedan - so that one blows away all the others in that class! The regular V12 is a Sports, and I think it's the fastest there - although it has good straight line speed - don't think it's the best for handling.

It could be the perfect car for Long Haul!! We'll have to try that one out!

Have read some thing comparing the armoured one to the armoured Kuruma - the windows are bullet resistant (vs bulletproof on the Kuruma), although the V12 withstands explosions better apparently.

I am tempted to get one, although don't want to dip below $1m so will hold off until have some more cash.

How much did it cost fully modded - and did you go for the armoured one?

R* have classed the Armoured V12 as a sedan - so that one blows away all the others in that class! The regular V12 is a Sports, and I think it's the fastest there - although it has good straight line speed - don't think it's the best for handling.

Have read some thing comparing the armoured one to the armoured Kuruma - the windows are bullet resistant (vs bulletproof on the Kuruma), although the V12 withstands explosions better apparently.

I am tempted to get one, although don't want to dip below $1m so will hold off until have some more cash.

The armored ones take about half a clip or a few sniper shells for the glass to break. They withstand one explosion(which breaks the glass). Not sure if the 2nd explosion blows them up or just sets them on fire though. A slight disappointment, would like more with similar utility to the Kuruma. Or just give us the Duke O' Death, ffs.

Got the normal one, 116k. Armoured one has a much lower top speed and slower 0-60 time.

The mods are surprisingly cheap, bullet proof tyres 12.5k. Think most of it was half price to the usual costs.

You on later for me to test it against your T20?

Got the normal one, 116k. Armoured one has a much lower top speed and slower 0-60 time.

The mods are surprisingly cheap, bullet proof tyres 12.5k. Think most of it was half price to the usual costs.

You on later for me to test it against your T20?
Yep - should be online this eve :)

I watched a couple of videos - think it beats the T20 in a straight run, but around a track the T20 will win comfortably. In the tests videos I saw, the V12 had a laptime of 1:05.499 (9th fastest in Sports), compared to the Elegy's 1:03.542 (1st in Sports). FYI the T20 was the fastest overall with 1:01.894