Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. Me, Bred and swoosh are currently having a threesome

giphy.gif

Shame weren't able to get any heists done ahead of the release of the new vehicles, houses and yacht tomorrow.

If people are online this eve, then would be up for doing a couple. I have two setups and the finale of #5 ready to go - so that should make a fair bit of money. Then would be up for doing one of the others.

@DatIrishFella - I think we only have a couple of setups to do for #2 in first person - between #2 that you're hosting, and my #5 both we could do 4 setups and 2 finales - pretty good money vs time investment that!

@Levo - are you looking to try and get the yacht (obviously depending on price)? If it was 410m, would you buy it, or would you buy the cars etc first?

Just curious - my guess is the yacht will be $10m - in which case you are the only one who could afford it!

I reckon $1.75m will be enough for a fully-modded car - am going to get the Verlierer and Nightshade, so that's $3.5m, leaving me with $6m. I think that will be enough for a mansion/house plus the Mamba (especially given that you are able to trade your existing property towards the cost of a new place), but think I will be out of luck for the yacht.

I might skip the mansion - all depends on what is included. The garage would need to be 10 car minimum - ideally 20 car. I have sold most of my cars, so the space isn't as important as it was. The location of the houses is good from a view perspective (although I don't spend any time inside my apartments!) but not so good for a driving perspective - the roads up there are a pain to drive around and you are a ways away from stores etc. If they had a helipad, then that would be different! I think they will, as the trailer shows helicopters around the houses so it suggests that you can use them - actually the trailer shows helicopters in pretty much every external shot of the houses. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't order Pegasus vehicles there, but you would be able to pay extra and have a 'generic' helicopter available for transportation - kinda like the Merryweather helicopter pickup. I think this is also how it would work on the yacht - you could pay more to have the functionality on the yacht.

If the yacht was $10m, then am not sure I would try and buy it before the cars.

In saying that, the trailer does suggest that there could be more to this update than first assumed. I thought the whole Boss and Bodyguards thing would be like a new adversary type mode - but if it says "Become a Boss, Hire Bodyguards, Defend Your Organization, and Take Down Rivals Across Freemode", then I think that it could be more involved than a simple game mode. The "defend your organization" part sounds intriguing - sounds like it could be a new way to make money - and make serious money. That is the only way I can see the yacht being priced in the $20m+ range.

@Levo - are you looking to try and get the yacht (obviously depending on price)? If it was 410m, would you buy it, or would you buy the cars etc first?

Just curious - my guess is the yacht will be $10m - in which case you are the only one who could afford it!

I reckon $1.75m will be enough for a fully-modded car - am going to get the Verlierer and Nightshade, so that's $3.5m, leaving me with $6m. I think that will be enough for a mansion/house plus the Mamba (especially given that you are able to trade your existing property towards the cost of a new place), but think I will be out of luck for the yacht.

I might skip the mansion - all depends on what is included. The garage would need to be 10 car minimum - ideally 20 car. I have sold most of my cars, so the space isn't as important as it was. The location of the houses is good from a view perspective (although I don't spend any time inside my apartments!) but not so good for a driving perspective - the roads up there are a pain to drive around and you are a ways away from stores etc. If they had a helipad, then that would be different! I think they will, as the trailer shows helicopters around the houses so it suggests that you can use them - actually the trailer shows helicopters in pretty much every external shot of the houses. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't order Pegasus vehicles there, but you would be able to pay extra and have a 'generic' helicopter available for transportation - kinda like the Merryweather helicopter pickup. I think this is also how it would work on the yacht - you could pay more to have the functionality on the yacht.

If the yacht was $10m, then am not sure I would try and buy it before the cars.

In saying that, the trailer does suggest that there could be more to this update than first assumed. I thought the whole Boss and Bodyguards thing would be like a new adversary type mode - but if it says "Become a Boss, Hire Bodyguards, Defend Your Organization, and Take Down Rivals Across Freemode", then I think that it could be more involved than a simple game mode. The "defend your organization" part sounds intriguing - sounds like it could be a new way to make money - and make serious money. That is the only way I can see the yacht being priced in the $20m+ range.

The yacht will be the aim but it's not a priority. I think 1st thing I'll do is trade my apartments in against one of the villa's in the hills, then cars afterwards most likely. I'll definitely get the Verlierer as it's gorgeous but will probably try out your Nightshade and whatever else before I buy, possibly trade the Blackfin as well to offset the costs.

Once more details have been released it will be easier to decide what to buy, the yacht will take some saving I think and you have the upgrades to consider. I'm not fussed on the whole bodyguard front as it only seems to be worthwhile in random lobbies which we rarely are. Going to watch the trailer again to refresh my memory.

Also seems to be some new armoured vehicles but I doubt I'll pick them up unless they can be garaged.

I meant the launch of the new stuff but whatevz!

Don't have time to worry about such trivial things, I'm on the breadline.

I hope the Christmas update sees the return of the clothing - and that this time it doesn't disappear...

zChtthb.png

Who likes short shorts? We like short shorts.

Will be on from 2030 UK time.

The outstanding setups from #5 are Convoy and Bikes. Would be good to take a moment during Convoy to pause by the spot where @NotoriousISSY ended their CM challenge...

Was just re=reading the notes from R*:

Become a VIP and create your own criminal organization in the latest addition to Grand Theft Auto Online,Executives and Other Criminals. Featuring all new gameplay modes and opportunities for luxury living, Executives and Other Criminals also includes new customizable apartments, stilt houses in the Vinewood Hills and the ultimate in executive excess: the extravagant, fully staffed and upgradeable Super Yacht.

VIP’s who run their own operation gain access to new co-op Jobs, challenges and special abilities in Freemode, as well as having the power to hire and fire other players for their team of bodyguards. Meanwhile, Bodyguards earn a regular paycheck and their own special benefits including RP, GTA$, and stat boosts for working for a VIP’s organization.

Organizations can go head to head in Freemode, with new missions that make full use of the latest executive defense options including new armored vehicle variants, the devastating Turreted Limo and the missile defense systems of the Super Yacht, which also comes with its own suite of supporting vehicle upgrades including the new SuperVolito Carbon helicopter and personal watercraft.

Some existing Freemode Events will automatically adapt when played by organizations, allowing for new ways to take on King of The Castle, Moving Target and more. Also included is the new Extraction Adversary Mode, tasking teams of Bodyguards to search, locate and safely extract an Executive from their downed jet before a Hit Squad intercepts and eliminates the target.

So thinking about it, the yacht may not be something that is that expensive - or even something that is purchasable. Instead it could be something you attain when you become an executive - or at least is locked until you do.

I like the sound of freemode events, adversary modes adapting to the organizations - and the new Extraction Adversary mode.

I would have thought we would get more info today, given that this is such a big update.