Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm calling dibs on swoosh when heists come out because he's loaded and good at the game.
yLHgIm1.jpg

I always think when we do missions its all too pre planned and a bit boring now, because a lot of you are used to the best and fastest way to do them (get choppers, blow shit up then fly off with package) its taking the chaos and fun out of them a bit.

I agree - and I know I am sometimes one of those who gets a heli - although mainly that is just to avoid long drives!

Think it's a good point to try not rush through them as quickly as possible - firstly you get more money the longer they take (up to a point!), but also because they should be a laugh - and not everyone has done them as many times as some of us.

To be honest - having mics really helps with this - as its much easier to tell people to wait than it was on PS3 (although at least messages worked there!)

Just as a refresher - here was a couple of comments from the heists interview:

IGN: How does a heist work exactly?

IMRAN: Each heist requires 4 players all at rank 12 or above, with one player as the designated heist leader. Leading a heist requires owning a high-end apartment so that you have a room available to set up the planning board. From there you’ll be able to launch missions as the leader, starting with the prep work and building up to the score itself.

Being a heist leader has advantages and disadvantages. On the upside, Lester contacts the leader directly when there’s news of a job and it’s up to the leader to invite players into the crew, assign positions, pick outfits and allocate each player’s cut. On the other hand, the heist leader will need to personally front the set-up costs in order to successfully pull off the heist.

Unlike the leader, other crew members get a cash payout for each prep mission, while the leader won’t receive their cash until the finale is complete. Switching between the roles of crew member and heist leader will give players a totally different experience, and we had to make sure there were real incentives to playing each position so that players would see every aspect of how a heist comes together and not just want to stick to the same role each time.

Some missions have all players working as one unit, some require players to take on specific tasks like hacking or crowd control, while others require players to split into smaller teams to complete separate high value objectives. For example, one team may be stealing a getaway car from some gangsters while another team is attempting to sneak into a police station, all within the same prep mission. We really want to push the co-op aspect and make players feel like they need to communicate effectively and work together to pull off each element.

Each finale is a big set-piece mission with players taking on multiple roles. All through this, players will be gaining access to new vehicles, new weapons, new items and new clothing, as well as visiting some surprising locations and interacting with some familiar characters from the story.

We also added trip-skips to allow players to skip longer drives if they have already played the mission as well as carefully balancing checkpoints, with a range of difficulty levels to give players of all skill levels a real challenge. We have also tried to add player choice wherever possible, from the clothing to the tactics involved and so on.

IGN: How many Heists will you launch with?

IMRAN: There are five unique strands involving over 20 total missions, which will add up to around 20 hours of gameplay. We hope players will then replay them multiple times to take on the other roles and to try different ways of tackling the missions. We’ve tried to add a lot of variety and there’s a mixture of open-ended gameplay, big set-pieces and a few surprises too.

We have several rewards for players as well, such as for playing all five heists in order with the same set of players and another bonus for playing all of them in first-person [mode] on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, as well as Elite Bonus Challenges, which are essentially a big cash reward if you complete each part of a heist while meeting certain criteria, such as time to complete, damage taken, accuracy etc.

IGN: Can you give a blow-by-blow example of your favorite Heist that's in the game right now?

IMRAN: I don’t want to spoil a whole heist, but a favourite would be the finale of an epic prison break where players come from different points on the map to join together at just the right time. It requires a pilot, a demolitions expert, and some undercover work to pull it off, and it takes real teamwork, the ability to think fast and a lot of communication to put all the pieces in place to extract the target flawlessly. It’s also a heist that isn’t just about stealing money, and it is definitely not about going in all guns blazing.

So the leader can choose what we wear??? I hope there are some restrictions on this :lol::lol:

Reminds me of this:

I'll heist with anyone, except Damien because he is susceptible to taking detours to the other side of the map..

But the dream team of I, Bred, Swoosh and Stoney is a must at some point. We have been strong on this for too long.

Just looked at one of the vids again and it shows a couple of the payouts:

Payout: $550k
Leader (doesn't show his role): $302.5k
Pilot: $82.5k
Prison Officer: $82.5k
Demolition: $82.5k

Payout: $670k
Leader - Pilot: $368.5k
Gunner: $100.5k
Ground Team: $100.5k
Ground Team: $100.5k

So will need to have around $250k on hand to launch a heist.

What are people like for money? I know me an Swoosh are sitting on over 2 mill so we'd be good to host them at the start.

I always think when we do missions its all too pre planned and a bit boring now, because a lot of you are used to the best and fastest way to do them (get choppers, blow shit up then fly off with package) its taking the chaos and fun out of them a bit.

We never seem to do missions anymore. Seems to be constant races. When someone suggests not doing the 266th race in a row, Levo moans about how we're not doing races :p

I think I've only got 350k or something and haven't got a pimped out supercar or anything :lol:

That's a point for heists, we may need a good 4 seater car?

I think I've only got 350k or something and haven't got a pimped out supercar or anything :lol:

That's a point for heists, we may need a good 4 seater car?
I've got a dubsta, baller and exemplar so plenty of options.

I used to have a super diamond, but it's a bastard to control at times.

I remember on PS3 where people would have to take turns sitting out a mission - then when the mission ended, everyone would rush to be among the first to accept the mission so they got a spot :lol:

I remember on PS3 where people would have to take turns sitting out a mission - then when the mission ended, everyone would rush to be among the first to accept the mission so they got a spot :lol:
We should split into two groups of four, with one party chat to do some missions. Oh the confusion.