Sofyan Amrabat | To Fenerbahçe SK pending medical

The only reason to pay the remaining fee is if another team wants to buy him for twice as much
How about - he is an excellent option for a second choice DMF, for a low price, and we would be too naive to assume that one DMF can play all games we have to play in four different competitions?

This assumes Casemiro is getting sold, of course

Im glad we're making proper footballing decisions again.

Not signing a guy who underperformed most of the season and is coming up to 28 years of age is the correct move.

Save that money and sign someone younger who will at least have the potential to perform better.

How about - he is an excellent option for a second choice DMF, for a low price, and we would be too naive to assume that one DMF can play all games we have to play in four different competitions?

This assumes Casemiro is getting sold, of course

He's a poor choice and he's low cost because we've already spent too much on him

I was genuinely concerned we were going to sign him. The amount of people who wanted to sign him based on the FA cup final is ridiculous

I was genuinely concerned we were going to sign him. The amount of people who wanted to sign him based on the FA cup final is ridiculous

Yeah they were quick to forget the shit show performances before the final.

Funny how everyone is celebrating that we 'aren't signing him', whilst largely ignoring Romano going on to say that we are still interested in signing him.

Yeah they were quick to forget the shit show performances before the final.
You could say that about literally every single one of our players though last season. All rubbish up until a game where they could win a trophy.

ETH’s assessment of players really is absolutely shocking.

Amrabat is complete shite and has no business being at a club like United.

Don't think of ourselves too highly. Even Man City has Kalvin Phillips.

Very mental. Although our manager did survive on the same basis.

Funny how everyone is celebrating that we 'aren't signing him', whilst largely ignoring Romano going on to say that we are still interested in signing him.

It basically means they’re not willing to pay 20million euros for him. They might try and pay less and in instalments , something along those lines, if at all. We’re literally keeping our options open with fingers in many pies. Refreshing if you ask me.

It basically means they’re not willing to pay 20million euros for him. They might try and pay less and in instalments , something along those lines
Exactly. Yet I see some interpreting (and celebrating) this development as us not signing the player. Two very different things.

Not totally against his signing but he's barely worth half that fee. Worth waiting to see what fiorentina are prepared to accept elsewhere and then deciding if he's worth going back in for

Hope they club don't sign him. One good performance seems to have overshadowed jow slow he is with the ball.

It basically means they’re not willing to pay 20million euros for him. They might try and pay less and in instalments , something along those lines, if at all. We’re literally keeping our options open with fingers in many pies. Refreshing if you ask me.
We could end up paying more than 20m euros to pay in installments as well presumably. Hopefully not obviously

He’s the kind of player who needs the absolute longest preseason possible to try and mitigate for his slowness around the pitch - if he could at least be mentally adjusted to the speed of the game in the PL, he might have some functionality in it. Other than that, he’s a terrible fallback option towards the end of a transfer window for the same reasons listed as to why he needs a long preseason.

You’d just get the same slow, clunky player who’s desperately playing catch up as the game zooms by him. He’s not good enough to insulate with others, nor to modify a playing style for.

I’d rather we not sign the player. We should be aiming for better quality than this - any minutes he would get are better served on an academy product or another signing.

There’s no point buying cheap for low quality players.

Thank god for that

He had a decent cup final which im grateful for but he was shocking for the vast majority of the season.

Last edited:
He is not a youngster that will get better neither is he a Shaw, Bruno etc level. We should be ruthless and cut ties. At any price he's going to become deadwood before his contract is up.

I didn’t read the “want to sign him on better terms “ part. These are the situations where we have to override ETH’s wishes as the player really isn’t of the required level. He’s a poor fit for the PL with his lack of mobility and physical presence.

Only good when you sit back and soak up pressure. Like the cup final and like Morocco. Looks good in those types of games looks shite when you play proactive football high up the pitch, if you think this guy can get up against people and compete for legs it's Dreamland, he has to sit in at all times to avoid exposing his weaknesses.

As we should be playing proactive football 95% of the time if not 100% of the time if we're trying to advance as a footballing side he has no place. For any fee.

You could say that about literally every single one of our players though last season. All rubbish up until a game where they could win a trophy.
Not really. Bruno and Mainoo had good seasons whereas Hojlund and Amad showed potential. McTominay had a good season in terms of end products

I think he was partly a victim of EtH not being flexible with his tactics, adapting to available players. It's not a coincidence that his best games were in last games of the season - where all he had to was be the ball winner.

If EtH plans to be flexible with his tactics or play more of the counter attacking, pragmatic football that helped close out the season well - we should consider buying Amrabat for a squad player role but if EtH is going to do what he did for most of last season (attempt to play a possession based, fast pressing, fast passing game) - wrong player for the system, even as a depth piece