Sofyan Amrabat | To Fenerbahçe SK pending medical

Considering most players in new leagues need a season to get up to speed I’m surprised (but not shocked) to see our fans so dismissive of him when we’re desperate for players in this position.

He proved in the FA Cup final he can do a decent shift against top opposition and I maintain to this day that had Casemiro started instead of him we would have lost that game.
Without a doubt.
But it doesn't take much of a midfielder to be an improvement on this aging Casemiro.

Considering most players in new leagues need a season to get up to speed I’m surprised (but not shocked) to see our fans so dismissive of him when we’re desperate for players in this position.

He proved in the FA Cup final he can do a decent shift against top opposition and I maintain to this day that had Casemiro started instead of him we would have lost that game.
Agreed. Once he got up to speed playing in his correct position he showed his.class towards the end of last season and in the cup final. Way ahead of Casemiro. But we've let him slip away.

Good luck to him in Turkey, never good enough for us and a poorly thought out expensive loan but at least we didnt chase bad money with more bad money to take him permanently

Or the alternative, a not very good player had a good game, which is far more likely than him actually being a gem of a player that we've lost out on.

That FA cup final has fried too many people's brains.

Well he’s found his true level. Can’t believe anyone wanted him here even as a back up. He’s gone to Fenerbache because nobody else wanted him
As usual, 2-3 decent performances at the end of the season made a good portion of the fanbase forget how insanely shit he was all season.