Sofyan Amrabat | To Fenerbahçe SK pending medical

For anyone remotely interested in these things (and I wouldn't blame you at all if you're not), in the last 24 hours or so he's now been removed from the list of current players on the United website and he's also removed United from his instagram bio.

They finally read my emails pointing that out then.

For anyone remotely interested in these things (and I wouldn't blame you at all if you're not), in the last 24 hours or so he's now been removed from the list of current players on the United website and he's also removed United from his instagram bio.

Not that I think he will stay but I think having him taken down from the website is probably more to do with De Ligt taking his no. 4.

Praise the lord

Good stuff.

He played well in the final and helped contribute to us winning the match and the trophy but otherwise he was absolutely terrible here.

Would have been madness to make his move here permanent.

Have we yet to strike success with these one season loans?

Depends on what you define as success. Wout came in and did a job, helped us get 3rd by just being a fit and available attacker. Amrabat was more of a flop I'd say as the intention with him was potentially to buy him. I don't mind these loans if its for a backup/3rd choice player.

The alternative commentary won’t be the same without him in the videos, but yeh not good enough an won’t be missed.

Glad we aren't going to sign him again. At least he left on a high and won something.

Depends on what you define as success. Wout came in and did a job, helped us get 3rd by just being a fit and available attacker. Amrabat was more of a flop I'd say as the intention with him was potentially to buy him. I don't mind these loans if its for a backup/3rd choice player.
I'm thinking of finding a player worth signing going forward.

Have we yet to strike success with these one season loans?
The last successful one was probably Tevez, and that was really just a "loan in name only" due to his weird third-party ownership situation.

I wouldn't say Wout 'did a job', unless that job was to miss chances, give away the ball a lot, etc.

What surprised me the most was that he couldn't make anything of his physical attributes. Being tall and muscular, you would expect him to win a lot in the air, but he added very little in terms of hold up play, flick ons, etc.

Yes, he worked hard, but to say he was better than Amrabat is a bit of a stretch. Amrabat had some games, like Newcastle, Chelsea (a), and City in which he genuinely played at a decent level and helped the midfield tick. In my opinion, he'd earned another shout if the price had been reasonable, mainly as a back up. I suppose with Collyer showing some ability to deputise there, it doesn't make much sense to sign him now anyway.

Last edited:
Wout was horrific. Don't think I've ever seen a player look more out of place in the team.

He would just foul people unnecessarily, lose possession with heavy touches, and fail to win anything in the air.

All you could say was that he worked hard, but to say he was better than Amrabat is a huge stretch. Amrabat had some games, like Newcastle, Chelsea (a), and City in which he genuinely played at a high level. You could make a case for keeping him on which you could never make for Wout.

Maybe Wout was worse, but being as bad as Amrabat in that part of the pitch is just more critical.

Maybe Wout was worse, but being as bad as Amrabat in that part of the pitch is just more critical.
True. Amrabat had some horror moments giving the ball away in our own half. Just not nearly press-resistant enough.

Every time I see this thread bumped I hope it’s news he’s secured a move to another club, ending any chance of us going back in for him if we get desperate.

Off to Fenherbahce apparently according to a Turkish journalist on Twitter.

Strange time for the news to break so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. He's currently in the middle of a game with Fiorentina.

Linked with Atletico Madrid and Everton in the past day too.

Off to Fenherbahce apparently according to a Turkish journalist on Twitter.

Strange time for the news to break so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. He's currently in the middle of a game with Fiorentina.

Linked with Atletico Madrid and Everton in the past day too.

Madrid looking unlikley as they are offering a loan only with no option/obligation and Fiorentina want him sold. I think the Fenherbahce deal is for a permanent transfer and so would clearly be the preferred choice for the selling club but I don't think it is a done deal, ETH could still be sliding into his DMs asking him to wait for him.

Tweet confirming transfer to Fenerbahçe SK New
Madrid looking unlikley as they are offering a loan only with no option/obligation and Fiorentina want him sold. I think the Fenherbahce deal is for a permanent transfer and so would clearly be the preferred choice for the selling club but I don't think it is a done deal, ETH could still be sliding into his DMs asking him to wait for him.

I believe we kept him on the ice until we were 100% certain that we will get Ugarte. I give little to no chance now.

Edit.

Gone.

Last edited:
Well he’s found his true level. Can’t believe anyone wanted him here even as a back up. He’s gone to Fenerbache because nobody else wanted him

I believe we kept him on the ice until we were 100% certain that we will get Ugarte. I give little to no chance now.

Edit.

Gone.

They’ve made quite a sum of money for him over the past 2 years. Didn’t we pay a loan fee around close to €10m for him? Plus this €18m in total from Turkey.

Amrabat & Fred in midfield for Fener with Mourinho on touchline, the stuff of dreams!

Well he’s found his true level. Can’t believe anyone wanted him here even as a back up. He’s gone to Fenerbache because nobody else wanted him
Especially after witnessing the full season of him.

One of the mysteries of the caf. After seeing him waddle around all season and be caught in possession, some caf members still thought it would be wise to keep him

Just so relieved that we didn't end up going back for him. The sort of player that just can't work consistently in England due to physical limitations.

No idea how the Turkish league is, but hope he gets on alright there with Jose.

Considering most players in new leagues need a season to get up to speed I’m surprised (but not shocked) to see our fans so dismissive of him when we’re desperate for players in this position.

He proved in the FA Cup final he can do a decent shift against top opposition and I maintain to this day that had Casemiro started instead of him we would have lost that game.