Sander Berge | Signs for Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there are other midfielders on this planet that are not named Ugarte or Berge who can also improve us?

If we sign this guy for anywhere near £30m all my hope in the new football minded administration is gone. That would be criminal

How the f*** is Berge’s asking price £30 mill when AWB was less that £15 mill and United are willing to sell Scott McT for a lot less than £30 mill. Ridiculous valuation.

Difference is those two are surplus to requirements for us whereas they’re not looking to offload Berge. They’re not obligated to stick to market evaluation if it’s an inconvenient transfer for them.

For most people on here that would be good news, seeing as consensus seems to be he’s not good enough.

Is he? I'm not so sure, would be pretty marginal if so. I think they're both pretty safe passers.

I think the first two are valid and the main selling point is he's cheaper and played in the league already.
Im not very sure, but in the comps I have seen, Berge seems more progressive with his passing.

I do think @Rozay made a good point regarding Berge vs Ugarte, and I think he is right. That being said, I think we might be looking at both. Makes little sense to look at one instead of the other. Very different players.

And why would we bid if we are still working on Ugarte?

I think it's Berge and Ugarte for Mctominay and Casemiro. The starters will be Bruno, Mainoo and Ugarte. Backups will be Mount, Berge, Collyer , Eriksen and Dan Gore.

You can't leave out Casemiro on this form.
I think it'll likely be a 3 of Ugarte/Berge with Casemiro and either Mainoo or Mount.

Im not very sure, but in the comps I have seen, Berge seems more progressive with his passing.
Maybe right, I don't think either are line breakers by any stretch, so I don't think it's a particular tick for Berge. Personally would be fine with either, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but can add a lot to the squad.

If we moved on 2 midfielders say McTominay/Eriksen. I'd fully understand getting a player like Berge who would be coming in as a secondary option alongside another, but he has done nothing in a Burnley shirt to suggest that he is worth £18m more than what Burnley paid for him last season. At £20m he'd be a decent squad option.

I'd love for our scouting department to find us a younger player from the Championship or another league at a lower cost who could develop within the squad.

I think it's Berge and Ugarte for Mctominay and Casemiro. The starters will be Bruno, Mainoo and Ugarte. Backups will be Mount, Berge, Collyer , Eriksen and Dan Gore.

Ugarte for Amrabat and Berge for McTominay.

(Mainoo replace Eriksen who will probably also leave.)

Mainoo is 100 times the player of Mount, runs around like a headless chicken and nothing more.
Why do people keep saying this shit? It is incredibly intelligent pressing and he is one of the most effective pressers in the league. He is the last player you'd call a headless chicken.

Why do people keep saying this shit? It is incredibly intelligent pressing and he is one of the most effective pressers in the league. He is the last player you'd call a headless chicken.

There's been negative hyperbole around him since we signed him. It's probably not going to go away.

Wanna point out that we have been playing with all midfielders pressing up high. No classic no. 6 is needed if we keep playing that way.

Of the two players, Berge offers more on the ball, Ugarte more defensively.

I‘m wondering whether we are trying to get both.

Wanna point out that we have been playing with all midfielders pressing up high. No classic no. 6 is needed if we keep playing that way.

Of the two players, Berge offers more on the ball, Ugarte more defensively.

I‘m wondering whether we are trying to get both.

I think we need someone to spot Mainoo tbh, so he doesn't get worn down after a summer at the Euros, and I don't believe Eriksen or Casemiro are really up to it. We should be bringing in two midfielders and selling McTominay and Eriksen.

But that might be someone we have to live with as I don't see Eriksen getting much interest really.

How the f*** is Berge’s asking price £30 mill when AWB was less that £15 mill and United are willing to sell Scott McT for a lot less than £30 mill. Ridiculous valuation.

Because we want to sell and they don’t

Don't complain about it, just be thankful. I wish they were asking 100 mil.

I think we will sign Berge around 15-20M and Ugarte for around 35-40M and try to offload Pellestri/Hannibal/Scott and Sancho to PSG/Juve (at least on loan as a last ditch attempt to save his wages).

Still it is a great window considering all but Berge is underwhelming signing who can be a backup option in "Ugarte/Casemiro/Mainoo/Bruno/Mount" midfield, I really wish we could look at some other alternatives instead of Berge.

I still don't think ETH is like SAF who can win a lot with midfielders like Tom Cleverly/Phil Neville

I hope we sign him (and Ugarte).

Depending on the fees we get for Mctominay and Lindelof, might not be outside the realm of possibility. Think we would probably need Eriksen to leave before getting the second midfielder though.

If we moved on 2 midfielders say McTominay/Eriksen. I'd fully understand getting a player like Berge who would be coming in as a secondary option alongside another, but he has done nothing in a Burnley shirt to suggest that he is worth £18m more than what Burnley paid for him last season. At £20m he'd be a decent squad option.

I'd love for our scouting department to find us a younger player from the Championship or another league at a lower cost who could develop within the squad.
Chris Rigg looked really good in midfield for Sunderland yesterday at 17 years young. I think he'll be the next player to earn a big transfer to a PL side. Jobe Bellingham was class too.

They also had Mayenda playing up top, a left-footed Spanish 19-year-old who can play off the right. Scored a brace and looked lively.

There's talent in the Championship for sure.

Chris Rigg looked really good in midfield for Sunderland yesterday at 17 years young. I think he'll be the next player to earn a big transfer to a PL side. Jobe Bellingham was class too.

They also had Mayenda playing up top, a left-footed Spanish 19-year-old who can play off the right. Scored a brace and looked lively.

There's talent in the Championship for sure.

I liked the look of Rigg when I watched that game, Sunderland have supposedly rejected bids for Bellingham and want £20m + for him. We had the preseason match against Rosenborg and Nypan stood out.

I know we already have Mainoo in there in terms of youth, but I think that there is more value to be had signing a younger talent to go along with an Ugarte, than paying up the asking price of £30m for Berge.

They don’t understand the game, so don’t feel bad for them ;)

I liked the look of Rigg when I watched that game, Sunderland have supposedly rejected bids for Bellingham and want £20m + for him. We had the preseason match against Rosenborg and Nypan stood out.

I know we already have Mainoo in there in terms of youth, but I think that there is more value to be had signing a younger talent to go along with an Ugarte, than paying up the asking price of £30m for Berge.
Tend to agree. And there's Collyer. He's only 20, looks physically ready, and might turn out to be a better player than Berge. Could be worth a try.

Yeah Nypan is another one.

The problem with going for players in that bracket is that you might not be able to give them the game time they really need to develop because they aren't ready for it at a certain level.

At that point you're spending money wasting talent. You've got to be sure they can contribute in the short term if you're gonna get that long term value out of them. Rigg is definitely one to keep an eye on through the season.

Mainoo is 100 times the player of Mount, runs around like a headless chicken and nothing more.
I'm not a fan of mount, and whilst i understand why he was signed for tactical flexibility i don't think he was what was needed.

I think that's unfair in regards to the headless chicken thing - one of the things mount is very very good at is following tactical instructions, it's one of the reasons every manager he's played under has started him over more talented players.

I'd take him as a backup that's it. He's just the Scandinavian Kalvin Phillips.

I do think @Rozay made a good point regarding Berge vs Ugarte, and I think he is right. That being said, I think we might be looking at both. Makes little sense to look at one instead of the other. Very different players.

And why would we bid if we are still working on Ugarte?
To put pressure on PSG?

Surely there are other midfielders on this planet that are not named Ugarte or Berge who can also improve us?
Ederson at Atalanta is the one to get, sadly there are no credible links to him so far.

Fulham pulling an okey doke with McTom interest just to punce on our alternative target is cheeky :lol:

Not even mad if they can save us from ourselves, Berge isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.