Sander Berge | Signs for Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he just doesn’t want to join them.
Yea might be a case of loyalty in regards to not being interested in playing for another club in the league.

He reportedly came to personal terms with Napoli quite quickly while Fulham had multiple bids rejected earlier in the window and we never heard any headway in regards to them having any agreement with the player.

Gentle reminder that Berge was in the Burnley midfield that outplayed United at Old Trafford last season on their way to stealing a draw. Club does not define player and he is deffo good enough to play for Manchester United. Not sure why the opinion is so entrenched that he isn't good enough. We have one of the worst midfields in the league. Just about any midfielder half decent at passing and keeping the ball would get in.

Think we need to sell Mctominay first. We’ve got the highest net spend.
Jamie Jackson said we don't need to sell to buy Ugarte. United just don't value Ugarte at £51M and are waiting for PSG to lower the price.

Fulham screwing us twice over by signing Berge and pulling out of talks for Scott.

Everyone saying Berge not good enough and now keeping McTom and not signing Ugarte either :lol: I love dis club

Jamie Jackson said we don't need to sell to buy Ugarte. United just don't value Ugarte at £51M and are waiting for PSG to lower the price.
Why would PSG lower the price? Unless there is something internal to PSG that would compel them to lower it, I do not see why they would lower it.

This one makes sense in as much as it was obvious Fulham need a deeper midfielder much more than they do a player like McTominay who plays his best football in the same position as Smith Rowe and Pereira.

If, and this is based on newspaper rumours only, Burnley quoted £30m to us and accept a £20m+£5m bid from Fulham, then they can do one. United tax needs to end.

Wonder if we’re going to hijack this one, now that Burnley already had a price set. Would force Fulham to sign McT at the price we wanted too.

I guarantee he goes there and the CAF will complain why we didn’t sign him, if/when he does well.

Gentle reminder that Berge was in the Burnley midfield that outplayed United at Old Trafford last season on their way to stealing a draw. Club does not define player and he is deffo good enough to play for Manchester United. Not sure why the opinion is so entrenched that he isn't good enough. We have one of the worst midfields in the league. Just about any midfielder half decent at passing and keeping the ball would get in.
When it's your third club in England I'd say club categorically is an indication of ability, considering no other top half team in Europe is going for him at that price I think that answers your question why he's, rightly, not highly rated.

Weird one for me because they are completely different players.
Yup, the only similarity both have is their physicality. If Fulham thought both players are similar kind of profiles then their scouts must be bad.

Why would PSG lower the price? Unless there is something internal to PSG that would compel them to lower it, I do not see why they would lower it.

They just lost Ramos to injury and are looking to sign a new striker to replace him with Osimhen on the agenda so they need to raise funds for a signing they had not planned. Ugarte has been available all summer and nobody has met the asking price and they have been clear he is not going to get games so his value will only reduce over time and so digging in their heels only hurts them and the player which is never a good look. I am fairly sure that even a token reduction would be enough at this point as Ineos can still point to that as evidence that their new tough stance is working.

So another window where we’re topping the net spend? Doesn’t look great. Especially when we all call city for there apparent spending when we in fact spend a lot more than anyone els just not on the right players. We also need to get rid of to make room for better quality players.

Pressure from the player. They won’t want to keep an unhappy player around and will want it solved as quickly as possible.

If, and this is based on newspaper rumours only, Burnley quoted £30m to us and accept a £20m+£5m bid from Fulham, then they can do one. United tax needs to end.

Wonder if we’re going to hijack this one, now that Burnley already had a price set. Would force Fulham to sign McT at the price we wanted too.
That’s not how it works, you can’t Force anyone to buy anyone.

When it's your third club in England I'd say club categorically is an indication of ability, considering no other top half team in Europe is going for him at that price I think that answers your question why he's, rightly, not highly rated.
Why should it matter if European clubs highly rate a player before we buy them? Are we trying to sign players for media and other clubs perception or are we trying to sign players based on what we need? How many bums have we signed in the past 10 years who were sought after at the time we were signing them? Its such a ridiculous way to judge a player.

Guess we need to make a decision now if we want to hijack this deal and force Fulham to come back in for McT. 25m with addons is an alright price and I will take Berge over McT.

Yes, I'd assume McTominay won't move to Fulham now, which probably means no Ugarte to United. Things could change if Napoli find the money for McTominay, though.
Which means them selling Oshimhen could work in our favour.

Good step up for him. Would've liked him as well as Ugarte but not the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.