Sander Berge | Signs for Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should it matter if European clubs highly rate a player before we buy them? Are we trying to sign players for media and other clubs perception or are we trying to sign players based on what we need? How many bums have we signed in the past 10 years who were sought after at the time we were signing them? Its such a ridiculous way to judge a player.
Well we don't need Berge thankfully, mainly because he's absolutely nowhere near good enough.

Berge will have been told that a Man Utd move is totally off the cards. There is no way he moves to Fulham with a week to go in the window if there's any chance of a move to a team that is even top 10.

I'm immensely relieved to see that we're not signing Berge (I've seen alot of him through the years as a Norwegian). The only bummer is that it will proably end Fulhams pursuit of McTominay, but I'll much rather have McT as a squad option then Berge. I do believe we will sign Ugarte either way.

Probably give Fulham the relegation curse

Thank feck he’s not coming here

Well we don't need Berge thankfully, mainly because he's absolutely nowhere near good enough.
If Scott Mctominay can play for Manchester United, just about every midfielder with a pulse is good enough.

Is it possible we just keep McTominay and don’t sign anyone?

Ugarte is still gettable but I assumed we had to sell first

Why would PSG lower the price? Unless there is something internal to PSG that would compel them to lower it, I do not see why they would lower it.
They left him out of the squad for their first game. It's clear that Enrique wants rid of him.

He’ll do very well there.
I thought that when he moved to Sheffield United. I thought it again when he moved to Burnley. I'm not sure if I'm willing to think it a third time. He's been all untapped potential since Genk unfortunately.

I'm so glad we're not signing him, but will be pissed if this means we end up with no new midfielder signing and McTominay stays at the club.

Utter cnuts were asking for 30m from us. They're all full of shit and playing us for fools and I'm glad we're not taking the bait anymore.

If Scott Mctominay can play for Manchester United, just about every midfielder with a pulse is good enough.
Ah right, in that case let's sign Ryan Ledson then. Just because McTominay plays for us doesn't mean we should sign any old shite.

Guess United weren't serious about Berge

I think we were but as a backup option and at a lower fee than Fulham are willing to offer. From the players perspective he is likely to be a first choice for Fulham whereas here he either backs up Ugarte or if we do not manage to sign Ugarte this window he knows he is a placeholder until we can upgrade so that might not be as appealing.

Kind of weird as McT is a completely different kind of midfielder
I could actually see Pereira, Mctominay and Berge working for Fulham, with ASM out wide on the left. That would make them a very physical team to contend with and they love crossing into the box.

Kind of weird as McT is a completely different kind of midfielder
He offers some similarities - mostly in size and aerial ability. I can only think Fulham were misguided and thought they could play McTominay in central midfield and not as a glorified no.10 to score

I thought that when he moved to Sheffield United. I thought it again when he moved to Burnley. I'm not sure if I'm willing to think it a third time. He's been all untapped potential since Genk unfortunately.

I mean, player of the season and players’ player of the season would indicate he’s done a good job for Burnley, even if they did get relegated.

I dont think we were signing both Ugarte and Berge. It was either/or, and contingent on us selling McTominay.

Wouldnt be surprised now if McTominay stays, and we put out a "we tried to sign Ugarte but PSG wouldnt budge" PR brief on deadline day. Welp

Good last think we needed was to add average squad players to a team filled with average squad players, especially in midfield.

If we don't get midfield reinforcements in then we can kiss goodbye to our prospects this season. Starting with the same engine room that led us to eighth place last season is not a good look.

A few rumours today about other clubs looking at McT. I’d imagine his agent has said he is definitely not going to Fulham and so they pounced on Berge! The other aspect is that we have clearly stated we are no longer interested in Berge either- what that means we shall find out

You can never tell with all the rumoured fees flying around - but I definitely thought the story was that Berge would cost us more than £20m+5 (£30m was the reported fee for us wasn't it?)

And Fulham's highest bid for McTominay was reportedly £20m wasn't it? Don't remember any higher figure mentioned with add ons. So they're (reportedly) bidding £5m more for Berge than they've been prepared to bid so far for McTominay?

It's tough to tell which is ABU type reporting, and which is accurately reporting the United Tax / lowballing when offering for our players type policy of other clubs. But there does always seem to be higher figures quoted when it's us looking to buy, and lower figures when it comes to clubs bidding for our players. :mad:

Yesss, the club sees sense, puts their English bias away and keeps the Scottish GOAT at United. A great day.

I am more worried if Berge and Ugarte are the only players we are looking at. If one down that only leaves Ugarte and that could be a who blinks first scenario.

What a relief. We actually had people trying to convince themselves he'd be a good signing.

Is it possible we just keep McTominay and don’t sign anyone?

Ugarte is still gettable but I assumed we had to sell first

I dont think we were signing both Ugarte and Berge. It was either/or, and contingent on us selling McTominay.

Wouldnt be surprised now if McTominay stays, and we put out a "we tried to sign Ugarte but PSG wouldnt budge" PR brief on deadline day. Welp
Not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.