Sancho back in training

Hoping this is just so his sell on price is bumped up because he has been nothing but unimpressive in a United shirt.

I still think he will be sold, but United no longer look like desperate sellers, which should preserve a bit of value.

If I were a betting man I’d still expect him to be sold - but this way it isn’t completely obvious we’re desperate to sell him.
I thought the same at first, but then it doesn’t really make sense if it isn’t true. By playing along he’d only really be helping the club get a bigger fee, so what’s in it for him? He’d get his move either way, and hasn’t been bothered about not playing/training with the reserves previously so it can’t be that. He’s also got form for putting out instagram posts denying whatever the club/Ten Hag say if it isn’t true.

I have nearly zero trust to this. Has he ever had even one good game in United? Every game i remember he has been bad or at least not more than ok.

Liverpool and Leicester at home, and Southampton away last season. It was a nice little run of form and then he shit the bed. I think there might have been a game under Rangnick where he looked good, but I've honestly blocked out most of that man's tenure. Oh and obviously the preseasons. That's it, I think, with him ranging from abject shit to poor in the other 50 games or so.

It's a big ask for a player to come good 3 years after a £73m move, which is why the smart money is on Sancho having another strop before he puts another 3 good competitive performances together. But we live in hope.

I've just never rated him myself. For us, England and his recent second stint at Dortmund, I've not seen one performance where it's made me go "oh, so that's why he's rated so highly".

He had one showing for us where he came on as a second half sub against Leicester at home where he impressed me a little, but that's it. He has too many flaws in his game to make it here.

I saw interview few years back here in Finland where one well known coach told that he was watching Dortmund match from a good seats, followed Sancho all game and wonder why this guy is so hyped. He told that he didn´t see anything special in him. At the time i was sure he was wrong but actually i have never seen anything special in him at United either. He has bad attitude problems or he just isnt that good footballer. Or both.

No one else wants or can afford him so he stays. Overrated. He won’t get any better, he’ll have an odd moment or two but will never be consistent. Someone we’ll look back on and wonder what could’ve been.

Maybe we should just let the adults at the club sort it. We definitely don’t have all the information.
Oh yeh, we actually have adults at the club now running things! Forgot what that was like :lol:

Negative of this is if Amads development gets hampered and I'm sort of waiting for the next time the going gets tough and how sanchos unprofessionalism will impact the squad.

He isn’t good enought to make the first 11 but he can fight it out with Antony as a bench option.

I thought the same at first, but then it doesn’t really make sense if it isn’t true. By playing along he’d only really be helping the club get a bigger fee, so what’s in it for him? He’d get his move either way, and hasn’t been bothered about not playing/training with the reserves previously so it can’t be that. He’s also got form for putting out instagram posts denying whatever the club/Ten Hag say if it isn’t true.

Trying to preserve the very last remnants of his professional reputation? Which will be important if he wants to move to a decent club.

He needs to get fit. The way the brief is worded is they’ve agreed he’s integrated back into the first team and he’s available for pre-season selection. It suits both parties - I’m sure he didn’t want to train with the youth again all pre-season and play zero games.

Think he'll be sold, but if we are going to look for 50 million. Then having him not train or train why the youth team is not the way to get it... Let it look like we're willing to keep him.

This is what I was hoping for and hopefully they have decided that whatever was said between them this week shall remain between them and we move on.

Whatever people think of him he is a very good player and we need as many of these as we can get. Feck it I'm even going to give Antony a chance this season.

https://x.com/SkySportsPL/status/1811807351512473700?t=DzisA2Suqk8J8WDgh3C8uQ&s=19
Thanks so much for being a supportive and optimistic fan. I feel like we need you and many more like you in this moment. Too many Mark Goldbridge and likes pretending to be fans and football experts.

When that said, I would support a Sancho sale, but the optimistic fanboy inside me would love to see him flourish. He’s still just 24 so definitely has time on his side.

Trying to preserve the very last remnants of his professional reputation? Which will be important if he wants to move to a decent club.
I mean, you have to assume Sancho actually does like playing football.

It's an interesting development, this. Did INEOS put the hammer down and told Ten Hag and Sancho to figure this out? Is it all a ploy to make it look like United still wants Sancho, to obtain a stronger negotiation position for Sancho's sale? Or this is a genuine move from Sancho and Ten Hag, and a fresh start for their collaboration?

To be honest, I'm putting more faith in either of the first two scenarios, but we'll probably only find out later in the fall, when the summer retrospectives will be coming out.

Looks like theatrics to me to turn an unsellable asset into a sellable one. If he is not gone this window he will be in January. Sancho crossed a line.

I was genuinely surprised by this. I hope the decision has been made for footballing and not financial reasons

Thanks so much for being a supportive and optimistic fan. I feel like we need you and many more like you in this moment. Too many Mark Goldbridge and likes pretending to be fans and football experts.

When that said, I would support a Sancho sale, but the optimistic fanboy inside me would love to see him flourish. He’s still just 24 so definitely has time on his side.
I agrre. We should all hold each other hands and sing Kumbayaaaa.

Back to Sancho, he will be sold, imho. Can't see him staying after all shenanigans.

I don't think you can reintegrate him for real unless there's a massive turnaround in attitude.

Let him train and hopefully someone will come knocking with a decent fee so that all parties can move on.

I agrre. We should all hold each other hands and sing Kumbayaaaa.

Back to Sancho, he will be sold, imho. Can't see him staying after all shenanigans.
I agree. I also think he will be sold. This is a great way of protecting the value of the asset.

However, my point about being a positive fan still stands.

Hopefully this is a tactic to preserve some kind of market value and not a serious attempt to reintegrate him into the squad. I don't see him getting any meaningful game time when the season starts but hopefully he looks decent enough in pre season for another club to take a punt on the man child. Seriously hope he's gone by the start of the season.

Hope they'll still try to sell. It's not the toxicity for me, I'm sure they buried the hatchet, it's just that our current situation doesn't seem to be in need of Sancho. Rashford and Garnacho seem nailed on to play, Antony is still here and I thought Amad was supposed to get a bigger role. Sure we play like 50-60 games, but it doesn't make sense to me that he would be a 4th or 5th option. Better take that money if you can get something for him, you're going to make a loss anyway. Get rid of his humongous contract and if you're in absolute need because of another injury crisis just promote someone from the youth or seek a loan deal in january. He doesn't seem worth keeping to me.

Well at the very least him sitting at home and not training etc is only going to decrease his value and give us a weaker hand.

On the optimistic side hopefully he has turned a corner and is ready to put some effort in.

I dont think he has played that well for us. However, it's a win win situation here. If we don't want him, he will be sold cheap. Maybe we are making people think we want to keep him and can ask for a higher price. His wage is too high. It will be good to trim that.

Antony and Sancho fighting it out on the right with Pellestri struggling to warm the bench is mid table vibes

I still have hope in him. If we become a possession team with a functional midfield then his ability to beat a man will be helpful. His lack of speed also will be masked when we dominate the opposition field.

Interesting development, I did not see that coming. It shows a lot from the manager that he can take a strong line but if you do learn from your mistakes he will forgive. That's an impressive quality because it would be very simple to just insist on his departure given he did okay on loan and there should be a market. I guess he could still depart but this opens up other possibilities.

That said, is he good enough and suitable to the league? Absolutely nothing to demonstrate it so far but of course he has ability. Stranger things have happened than a redemption story but at the same time.. it'd still be bloody strange.

Antony and Sancho fighting it out on the right with Pellestri struggling to warm the bench is mid table vibes
Sancho said he's a left winger, wonder if hel kick up a fuss again if he's asked to go right.