Sancho back in training

That last paragraph makes no sense.
I hope Amad gets a decent crack this season as Antony and Sancho have been given numerous ones and they are clearly not up for it in the Premier League.

Antony isn't good enough, Sancho clearly has attitude and consistencey issues and Amad is talented but young and still doesn't have much Premier League experience.

I don't look at them and see a player between them who is a nailed on top level right winger for us. I hope Diallo develops into a top player but I wouldn't put any decent amount of money on it right now based on 12 Premier League appearances.

Good news as far as I’m concerned.
There was nothing to this whole saga really, just a bunch of he said she said, nonsense.
Antony pulled a tantrum over having to play left back for 10 minutes, even though that position fits his skillset far better than RW.
It happens, move on.

Hopefully Sancho can capture some form and help the team, he offers something different to our other wingers.
Also, we can’t keep losing players that cost us a lot of money for peanuts or for nothing, this isn’t sustainable and will lead us to bankruptcy.
At least give the lad one last season to try and get into the groove of things and be the player he can be.

He may be given one more season only because of the lack of buyers rather than “there’s a player in there”, “his potential” or all those other excuses trotted out endlessly for this type of underwhelming overpaid players.

Sancho has shown during his time at United that he's not suited to the Premier League. His attitude stinks, hes mentally weak and has fluffed his lines every time he has got a chance.
My reading is in bringing him back is to show we are not desperate in selling him but in reality we want to sell him asap.

Last edited:
This is "technical debt" left over from the Woodward era and shows how damaging poor decisions can be.

Clubs need to be able to "fail fast". Bad signings are inevitable, but you need to be able to move on from them quickly. This is the reason the oil cheats have such a huge advantage. The narrative is they "never miss" in the market, which is bollocks. The truth is that they signed huge numbers of players year after year after year, with no regard for budgets or profitablity, until eventually they landed on a group of players that worked. They "failed" in the market many times, but moved on instantly.

United have "failed" in the market many times also, but we compound our mistakes by overpaying on transfer fees and on wages and since we're run for-profit, we can't just discard a player a buy another so easily. When we fail, we fail slowly, and that's the real problem. How many times do we end up with a player on the books who is little to no use on the pitch, has no market value, and who is earning huge money?

Problem we have is that Sancho's market value is effectively nothing. Simple folk won't understand that, but his wages make him "worthless", since nobody will pay him what he earns here.

The fact is, the best offer we got for him last season was a loan, and it looks like we're not expecting to be able to sell him this Summer either.

Technically, he's a very good player - but he's a problem, and a problem that EtH is lumbered with and can't do anything about. All because we went waaaaaaay overboard on his true market value RE : annual salary.

The future is to sign more players (volume-wise) for smaller fees and on smaller salaries and (crucially!) to move them on very quickly if they don't work. If we sign Zirkzee and he doesn't hit the ground running this season, take £20m-25m back next season and move on etc....

Last edited:
Weirdly I see this as another positive change under Ineos. This is much better than how Ronaldo ended.
Now that Sancho is back and the "drama" is, at least for now, resolved we are not forced to get rid of him for nothing. It makes our selling position much stronger.
And it even opens the posibility, albeit extremely unlikely, for him to change and finally come good for us.

Weirdly I see this as another positive change under Ineos. This is much better than how Ronaldo ended.
Now that Sancho is back and the "drama" is, at least for now, resolved we are not forced to get rid of him for nothing. It makes our selling position much stronger.
And it even opens the posibility, albeit extremely unlikely, for him to change and finally come good for us.
Sorry I was not following this topic closely, but how is this 'resolved'? He isn't likely to feature much under Ten Hag (I think he would be right to put him very low in the pecking order), and for obvious reasons we will be looking to move him on even if on low transfer fee.

Doesn't look to me like it's resolved at all?

I reckon he's off but probably not until next month.

Makes sense for everyone if he's still involved and staying fit

Sorry I was not following this topic closely, but how is this 'resolved'? He isn't likely to feature much under Ten Hag (I think he would be right to put him very low in the pecking order), and for obvious reasons we will be looking to move him on even if on low transfer fee.

This is a rare example of "kicking the can down the road" being a smart strategic move.

Having him separate from the squad and not staying fit is not exactly gonna get a bidding war going.

Jason Wilcox was against selling Sancho when he was in Citi academy as he believed a lot in Sancho.

May be he could have been the middleman here and sat down with both parties, I am certain Sancho apologised to TenHag but irrelevant to what happened Sancho seems very under whelming in premiere league, so I wouldn't waste another year giving him chances here.

Let me rephrase. It is resolved publicly. What happens behind the scenes might be a different matter, but the public notion being that everything is now peachy, puts us in a much stronger position when selling him.

Maybe both of them decided they handled the thing wrong, and Sancho's performances and willingness to return has brushed this shit under the carpet. He's an excellent player, and would be a massive player for us if we can get the best out of him.

Maybe both of them decided they handled the thing wrong, and Sancho's performances and willingness to return has brushed this shit under the carpet. He's an excellent player, and would be a massive player for us if we can get the best out of him.
The probability of him having 3 bad seasons and then suddenly turning into an elite player for us is very low.

That has been a weakness of ours for a long time, holding out hope on players for far too long instead of forcing them out the door.

I’m pretty sure Sancho apologised behind closed doors to ETH but neither will want it published as it will show that he backed down to the manager.

The probability of him having 3 bad seasons and then suddenly turning into an elite player for us is very low.

That has been a weakness of ours for a long time, holding out hope on players for far too long instead of forcing them out the door.
Not many went out on loan and got to a Champions League final, though. He's clearly a major talent, and the probability of good management, with good players around him making himself a success at this club is likely. The shock of nobody coming in for him that was willing to pay top money for him or cover his wages has to have motivated him somewhat.

Puts us in a slightly stronger position when trying to ship him, so I suppose it's a positive. Still think he's a lazy waste of space that was WAY overhyped (I was as guilty of that as anyone).

I've been dying on this hill for awhile now. I thought he was one of our best players in the box (when he played) for the last few years, both in his passing, spacing, and finishing. I think hes more of a 10 than a winger personally, but there will be teams and situations where having on the wing will be ideal strategically. Thats if ETH can maximize his abilities, which I think is one of my biggest criticisms of him as a whole. We desperately needed players that were clinical in the box. I have no idea about his mentality, but he seems to have no issues in Germany so I can't believe there's not a way to keep him motivated and fit. Here's hoping that this is finally understood and utilized this season, because he clearly showed last season that he still has loads of talent.

Not many went out on loan and got to a Champions League final, though. He's clearly a major talent, and the probability of good management, with good players around him making himself a success at this club is likely. The shock of nobody coming in for him that was willing to pay top money for him or cover his wages has to have motivated him somewhat.

This is my hope as well. He has talent. He was very good last year. But he clearly is not the generational player that many pegged him to be years ago. He needs to internalize this and move on. I agree that seeing no market for him and not being capped for the Euros should be the wake up call that finally motivates him completely.

Fair play to him after his self-induced issues with EtH. Thought he did ok against Rangers tonight. Got some stiff opposition to get ahead of with Amad and Garnacho, but unless we get a really great offer for him (unlikely due to wages) he could still be a strong addition to the squad

I think he’s a toxic player who upset the squad and belittled the coach / manager and I want him out.

His attitude (turning up to training late would not go down at a club like Real/ Barca / Bayern and dare i say it right now City under Pep), is a disgrace and can filter down to younger players who are easily influenced.

Yes. Hence he apologised :)
That is a shame.
It will come to a head again because for him to get into the starting 11 he is going to have to train like he has never done before and from what we have seen so far that ain't happening.

That is a shame.
It will come to a head again because for him to get into the starting 11 he is going to have to train like he has never done before and from what we have seen so far that ain't happening.
I would prefer to sell him, but I would also prefer seeing him play over Antony. In an ideal world both are sold and replaced properly

I think he’s a toxic player who upset the squad and belittled the coach / manager and I want him out.
Not sure about the rest of the post but yep I agree with this. And through no fault of the coach.

Word is he's the one that approached ETH.

I'm happy that a line has been drawn under it, because the situation wasn't doing anyone any favours. Whether he acts up again would depends if lessons have been learned - there's a small part of me that thinks Sancho has matured since then, plus despite me thinking it was the correct thing to kick him out of the team, ETH would probably approach the subject differently should Sancho's training not be up to scratch again.

The whole thing got blown way out of proportion and it didn't need to be.
If he approached him, ETH as a person with a higher responaibility and purpose, should be able to evaluate him again, and give him a fair chance. I dislike both, but thats the only way to get things going.

Glad this is all over, I also hope he didn’t have to apologise.

This was so kiddish it didn’t deserve re visiting. Glad we have proper ownership now.. god knows what the old regime would have done.

He still needs to offer a lot more on the pitch though. He ghosts in too many games.

I just want to see him be braver on the pitch, he still looks a shadow of the player we signed and hoped he'd be. Early days obviously, but even on his loan at Dortmund, he wasn't the same player as the first time around.

If he's going to stay, for everyones sake, I hope it really clicks, because if it does, he should be a real assist, and dare I say it....like a new signing.

I am not very enthusiastic about the thought of him being reintegrated. Not that the other players in his position would set the world on fire but I don't see it with Sancho. Still think he is a luxury player we can't afford to give a spot and I hope, him coming back is more of a maneuver to re-solidify his value than anything else.

Think to much water under the bridge for this one to last……fully expect him to leave.

Don’t think ETH would want this potential disruption destabilising the camp this season.

Everyone being grownup for now to get a deal sorted that works for all parties.

Think to much water under the bridge for this one to last……fully expect him to leave.

Don’t think ETH would want this potential disruption destabilising the camp this season.

If they both still have an issue then they should both leave as they aren’t mature enough for the environment we are trying to establish.

However it looks like they are both grown. So we move on. Anyone who wants to carry this on like their is an issue, maybe they should grow up.

Jadon’s Sancho’s performance on the pitch should dictate whether he stays or leaves now.

Fair play to him after his self-induced issues with EtH. Thought he did ok against Rangers tonight. Got some stiff opposition to get ahead of with Amad and Garnacho, but unless we get a really great offer for him (unlikely due to wages) he could still be a strong addition to the squad
He always does nicely in the "training" games, where players are happy to keep the physical aspect of the game to minimum. The problem starts when he is facing players that will not hesitate to bully him at first occasion. That's why he struggles, he likes to play the soft game. As talented as he is, there are better wingers far less skillful than him just because they will fight for every ball and will come at the defender again and again and again despite falling on their ass 2/3 times (see Garnacho).

I agree he's more of a free roaming attacking player than a winger, the problem is we already have those who also do some work defensively, so I don't see a place for Sancho in the squad for next season. I am pretty sure ETH and Ineos see it the same way, just struggling to do anything about it (like with Antony).
Still expect him to leave on loan again.
Same here. We'll be trying to offload some of his wages and hope we get a bid next transfer window.

Either the new football structure have told them both to get on with it, or it’s all a facade so we won’t get taken to the cleaners with low ball offers.

The fact that it got so bad and he left on loan in a season where we were under performing massively just makes it seem unlikely that ETH and Sancho would ever be on good terms.

Looked slow and a bit overweight. There's a reason there isn't a queue of teams looking to sign him even at a discount