Sancho back in training

Player power ruling on top again at United.

A great example to follow for all our youngsters.

Player power ruling on top again at United.

A great example to follow for all our youngsters.

Power? He got fecked off to the youth team and then shipped off to Germany on loan, despite being a massive money signing.
He’s absolutely still on the sales list and would have to do something extremely special to get back into the side.

It was manager power this, and if anyone had actually wanted him, he’d be gone. Stop pretending we can just cancel his contract or something

Well, one of the reports is lying then. Personally, think it's unlikely ETH would let him rejoin training without apologising considering how big a deal he made of it publicly.

It makes sense to play happy families. Clubs knew we were desperate to sell and he was desperate to go. So clubs low balled us on the fee and Sancho on the wages. If we new get a decent offer he will go. If not this quietens the "negative noise" and if he returns and play well both him and the club can get a better deal to move him on.

Antony gets dogs abuse for not being good enough to justify the stupid price we paid for him, even though he always puts in the effort on and off the field. For all his faults and the frustrations we have with him, I don't think he can ever be accused of dialling it in.

Meanwhile this pampered boychild disrespects a manager who has gone above and beyond for him, then lets down his teammates, the club and the fans because he's too much of a child to acknowledge that he messed up - and fans on here welcome him back with open arms.

We deserve everything that's happened to us over the past decade. People want success but then celebrate the very antithesis of what's needed to earn it.
You are so right.

Power? He got fecked off to the youth team and then shipped off to Germany on loan, despite being a massive money signing.
He’s absolutely still on the sales list and would have to do something extremely special to get back into the side.

It was manager power this, and if anyone had actually wanted him, he’d be gone. Stop pretending we can just cancel his contract or something
He got rewarded with a CL final and then walks straight back into the team

Well, one of the reports is lying then. Personally, think it's unlikely ETH would let him rejoin training without apologising considering how big a deal he made of it publicly.
Yes. I personally would only believe if it comes from Ornstein and think that he has now been allowed back to training because we want to get some value back. We probably got lowballed in all the offers so far and this is an attempt to not weaken our negotiation position further. He comes back, performs well in preseason, maybe we can then get the offers we are looking for.

feck.. no bids for the clown then.. Hope someone is stupid enough to take him off our hands..

Antony gets dogs abuse for not being good enough to justify the stupid price we paid for him, even though he always puts in the effort on and off the field. For all his faults and the frustrations we have with him, I don't think he can ever be accused of dialling it in.

Meanwhile this pampered boychild disrespects a manager who has gone above and beyond for him, then lets down his teammates, the club and the fans because he's too much of a child to acknowledge that he messed up - and fans on here welcome him back with open arms.

We deserve everything that's happened to us over the past decade. People want success but then celebrate the very antithesis of what's needed to earn it.

100% this hope he is still sold

Stayed on the straight and narrow but was still, overall, a rubbish player there.

Antony had more impact in his first season with us than Sancho had going back to Dortmund.
Not a rubbish player, got to the CL final with Dortmund. Antony did just about have more of an impact, but you're comparing a full season to half of one. Not sure what you were trying to achieve by writing this.

Honestly I think the things he said are pretty forgivable.

The fact that he plays 1 above average match every 3 months is the real problem.

I wonder how much jason Wilcox had to do with this, giving his relationship with the player. Probably talked some sense into the childish fecker.

Nobody wanted him. And it’s in the clubs best interest to at least integrate him back into the squad. He’s of absolutely no value rotting in the reserves.
Despite lots of people pretending he was amazing at Dortmund last season, he was actually very shit and that’s why nobody has come in for him and he’s basically had to come back with his tail between his legs .

Not a rubbish player, got to the CL final with Dortmund. Antony did just about have more of an impact, but you're comparing a full season to half of one. Not sure what you were trying to achieve by writing this.

Dortmund were good he wasnt really

Presumably a practical move so if we negotiate to sell him we're not doing so from a ridiculously weak position. I doubt we'll actually sell, however, because his wages are not good value.

This must have required a degree of private climbdown from both Sancho and ETH. Hopefully significantly more from the former as he behaved like a spoilt brat and Eric was right to not stand for it.

Shock horror, also, after all their shit-stirring Dortmund clearly don't want their beloved, under-appreciated little trooper back quite so much as all those tweets suggested. Maybe something to do with the fact he was mediocre at best for them. 3 goals and 3 assists in 21 underwhelming games including one decent performance against PSG.

Pretty much.

Why is there such a need by so many to be so dramatic? He's back training. That's it. Let the window play itself out before casting judgements on how the situation has been handled

Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if he has apologised but making things public was what escalated this into a mess so maybe that's just an internal matter. Would still rather see him sold.

I reckon we will keep him. Shouldn't but probably will.

He will obviously be brilliant in pre season and score every game. Then go back to form when real football starts.

Can't say as I have any trust in him not being a selfish twat again, also he's fairly shite at football too, especially in this league.

Hopefully we can still feck him off.

Dortmund got to the CL final despite Sancho.

Just like Antony in his first half season with us, he had a literal handful of good moments, interspersed with abject mediocrity.

Not trying to "achieve" anything I'm just not deluding myself that this is anything other than more deadwood on our books, who has already proven several times in his career he lacks the will and effort to even try to improve.

Good news as far as I’m concerned.
There was nothing to this whole saga really, just a bunch of he said she said, nonsense.
Antony pulled a tantrum over having to play left back for 10 minutes, even though that position fits his skillset far better than RW.
It happens, move on.

Hopefully Sancho can capture some form and help the team, he offers something different to our other wingers.
Also, we can’t keep losing players that cost us a lot of money for peanuts or for nothing, this isn’t sustainable and will lead us to bankruptcy.
At least give the lad one last season to try and get into the groove of things and be the player he can be.

Would be way more pleased about this outcome if he had shown any indication that he could still make it in the Prem.

Think he'd suit Serie A.

Still fully expect him to leave, this is blatantly to make us not look desperate. Sancho keeps his head down and gets some pre season minutes, while we quietly await Juve to sell one or two to fund the move

Am I the only one feeling that people are overthinking the situation? As far as we know, he's only been allowed to partake in 1st team training for pre-season.

Considering we have many international players away right now, he could have just been allowed back in to boost the numbers and get himself fit and ready for a move. Pretty sure several youth players also get moved up during preseason.

If there are no offers then it’s better than have him sit at home losing value again.

Not sure it is. He’s a fecking waster who can’t make training on time the type of player you don’t want around the club. Need this type of player gone

Maybe we should just let the adults at the club sort it. We definitely don’t have all the information.

I dont want him back.

Took him the rest of last season to come to the realisation that he needed to apologise. And thats not even mentioning his social media post claiming Erik had lied had been up for a week and then his posts after while at Dortmund.

Sancho is part of the problem with the culture at the club. Hes someone that will never change. He may show some promise short term but he'll eventually go back to his old habits like Rashford. We cant carry these players anymore. They just need to go if there is any hope of a culture reset at this club. Otherwise they just infect the other young players that come through.

I don't think the reports are contradictory. The first report only says that Sancho initiated the meeting with ETH but it doesn't say for definite that he apologised. Even Ducker's article says that there's no indication that he apologised, it's not outright that he didn't apologise. The details of the conversation don't seem clear as of yet, just they met and have both moved on.

If he starts playing well for us, I'll like him again.

I have nearly zero trust to this. Has he ever had even one good game in United? Every game i remember he has been bad or at least not more than ok.

The thing is, he was a very good player, and the hope is he could be again. I'd prefer to sell him but maybe no-ones coming near what we want for him.
I've just never rated him myself. For us, England and his recent second stint at Dortmund, I've not seen one performance where it's made me go "oh, so that's why he's rated so highly".

He had one showing for us where he came on as a second half sub against Leicester at home where he impressed me a little, but that's it. He has too many flaws in his game to make it here.