Sancho back in training

Love this! Really hoping he can get a run of games, especially with Europa on the horizon and kick on to some good form. Technically and talent-wise he's one of our top tier players and I think he can get back to the Dortmund levels.

I thought after a semi-promising pre-season last year, he should have got more than 80 mins across 3 games when Antony and Martial were clearly not to standard and in the latter case, not bothered at all.

Still think he's been slightly right place, wrong time with things - from the weird start under Ole, to Rangnick and then the fall out with Ten Hag, which was the culmination of a lot of frustration. I don't forget the backdrop of him arriving post suffering horrific racist abuse for the crime of missing a penalty. There's a player in there, world-class potentially, and if he doesn't come to the fore then at least pretending he might will put some £££ onto his price tag.

I hope in part too that this shows that maybe Ten Hag can soften with the new structure behind him. That he feels he can reintegrate a player where before it would have sent the wrong message in terms of player power without a strong board/ structure to back the manager

Smart either way if he’s staying or going. Well get more money if people don’t think we’re desperate to sell.

We have plenty of wide attackers that underperformed last season while there are other positions at which we literally don’t have enough players. There’s just no feasible way we can reset the position this summer. If those players continue to underperform we’ll probably see the reset next summer.

I wonder if Wilcox had a say in this as well.

False 9 or bench. You can't be weak and slow in the PL and play wide. The exceptions are few - Mata and D. Silva and Pires.

I like to think that this is all made up in order for us not to sound desperate so to drive up the price.

Jesse 2.0 came back with tail between his leg and apologized after knowing no one will take him despite the hype train manufactured by the Dortmund social media Intern and his PR?

It'll actually be funny to watch Ten Hag pick Antony over both Amad and Sancho now.

I was almost sure he was loaned with obligation to buy, feels like a new transfer :cool:
He had a good season at Dortmund, hopefully he is motivated to continue his good form with us.

The agreement is probably to be civil to maximize his value when we sell him, rather than bring desperate to get rid that we'd loan him for nothing.

I like to think that this is all made up in order for us not to sound desperate so to drive up the price.
That doesn’t benefit sancho though? Only the club. He could still be a prat about it and kick up a fuss to get a move cheaper so they’d be no actually coming back from this for him.

Its nice to see that after 2 years on the job, ETH finally gets a normal/positive summer (so far).

No controversies. No drama.

The agreement is probably to be civil to maximize his value when we sell him, rather than bring desperate to get rid that we'd loan him for nothing.

I'd like to believe that but he probably got so little transfer interest that we're forced to keep him now. Might as well make the most of it for the next two years and he'll leave on a free after.

If anyone can actually have a redemption arc it's Sancho. All he has to do is stay on the strait and narrow which he's done in Germany, but I still think he'll leave.

Reports said INEOS wanted to sell Sancho regardless of EtH staying or leaving, if that's true then he is either off on permanent basis or on loan deal.

Reports also said Ineos wanted to sack Ten Hag. But shit happens and opinions change.

I'd like to believe that but he probably got so little transfer interest that we're forced to keep him now. Might as well make the most of it for the next two years and he'll leave on a free after.
Juventus is interested in him, Dortmund will probably send some loan offers

Antony gets dogs abuse for not being good enough to justify the stupid price we paid for him, even though he always puts in the effort on and off the field. For all his faults and the frustrations we have with him, I don't think he can ever be accused of dialling it in.

Meanwhile this pampered boychild disrespects a manager who has gone above and beyond for him, then lets down his teammates, the club and the fans because he's too much of a child to acknowledge that he messed up - and fans on here welcome him back with open arms.

We deserve everything that's happened to us over the past decade. People want success but then celebrate the very antithesis of what's needed to earn it.

Get him out of this club as soon as possible. He doesn’t have the right mentality. It’s only a matter of time before he shows up late again and the whole drama starts all over.

I really don't like the idea of both Sancho and Antony still being on the books going into another season. Two players that are costing us a fortune in wages and have produced practically nothing. Surely something has got to give here with INEOS.

Agreed.

Good. He can still be a good player for us. Sell him for the right amount of money or let him play for the money the club pays him.

Smart move. Can't be seen to be desperate to sell an asset. Player getting fit and no drama for manager and camp. If not sold cause value not met we've drive on. United seen to be operating much smoother this summer. Great to see,best in class seem to make a different,knowing your job is important I suppose.

Good. I am happy with this.

Everyone should be, but I’m seeing people rage and I don’t understand it. Sancho is still a United player and having him on the sidelines doesn’t help anyone, United especially so, even if the ultimate goal is to move him on.

I’m happy that some sense seems to have come into place

If anyone can actually have a redemption arc it's Sancho. All he has to do is stay on the strait and narrow which he's done in Germany, but I still think he'll leave.

Stayed on the straight and narrow but was still, overall, a rubbish player there.

Antony had more impact in his first season with us than Sancho had going back to Dortmund.

I hope he understand that there are no clubs waiting in line to buy him. Nobody wants him for decent money, especially not his beloved BVB.

Hopefully this was INEOS doing and told both parties they need to eat some crow and move on.

Jadon is a good player and when he is on his best form he is certainly good enough for our team however the problem is he isnt on his best form often enough and sulks when he is called out on it.

If he keeps his head down, gets stuck in on the training ground, and puts a good shift in on the pitch he could be an asset.

Love this! Really hoping he can get a run of games, especially with Europa on the horizon and kick on to some good form. Technically and talent-wise he's one of our top tier players and I think he can get back to the Dortmund levels.

He's fecking shite, I'd have Antony every day of the week ahead of this waster.

He's back, because no-one wants him, not even fecking Dortmund on a cut price deal.

This was always going to happen and it was always going to be 'after positive talks'. It's the most straight forward logical conclusion to protect a club asset.

Now what really happens from now until the season starts is the real question i.e playing time, role and/or transfer.

If I were a betting man I’d still expect him to be sold - but this way it isn’t completely obvious we’re desperate to sell him.
This, the more desperate we appear to sell him the less money we get. However Wilcox could have mediated between the player and manager to earn a former protege one more chance. Having seen the reality of the little interest he has garnered I am certain Sancho was more amenable to a peaceful resolution than he was last winter.

Reports suggest Sancho approached ETH to apologise first, so I'm ok with him being back for now. If we get a decent offer, should still sell, but atm all these clubs are taking the piss. He still has talent to offer as squad depth if they don't cough up the money.