Sancho back in training

Can't believe this is happening. Please sell this lazy snowflake ASAP.
What should we do then? Pay him off and leave him go without a fee?

Nobody is going to pay the fee we want while he's on the wages he is.

I'm fairly certain that both ETH and the club still want him to be sold, but we we have to prepare in case no offer arrives. I highly doubt that he'll be having any regular football.
I agree but I do think that if ETH sees a genuine change and he's still around after the transfer window he'll give him an opportunity. I don't think ETH is the type to have him in the squad and refuse to play him based on previous issues.

ETH had a right to tell the club to feck Sancho, but even last season he never fully closed the door to him. A line was crossed but not one where no recovery was possible.

It'll actually be funny to watch Ten Hag pick Antony over both Amad and Sancho now.
Sack Chat GPT:

As the Manchester United manager, choosing the right-wing position between Amad, Garnacho, Antony, and Sancho would depend on various factors, such as current form, the opposition, tactical requirements, and fitness levels. However, based on general qualities and assuming all players are fit and available, here's an assessment:

1. Antony: He is a natural right-winger, left-footed, and adept at cutting inside to create scoring opportunities. His familiarity with the position and ability to take on defenders one-on-one makes him a strong candidate, especially in matches where breaking down a tight defense is crucial.

2. Sancho: He offers versatility and creativity. While he can play on either wing, his experience and ability to link up play can be beneficial. If the strategy requires more interplay and possession, Sancho could be a suitable choice.

3. Amad: A talented young player with great potential. He provides flair and unpredictability. If looking to inject fresh energy or if he has shown strong form in training, he could be an exciting option, particularly against defenses that struggle with pace and trickery.

4. Garnacho: Typically more comfortable on the left wing, Garnacho’s direct style and pace make him a valuable asset. He might be more effective as an impact substitute, particularly on the right, if tactical flexibility is needed.

Given these options, Antony would be the most logical choice to start on the right wing, considering his natural fit for the role and recent performances. Sancho would be a strong alternative depending on the tactical setup or opponent. Amad and Garnacho would provide excellent depth and options from the bench.

We've found where EtH gets his guidance!

United has reportedly agreed the sale of Greenwood north of £20M. You can't possibly believe Sancho is an "unsellable asset"
He is unsellable in the sense that we don't hold any cards, it would be a bad move to sell him now. If he can be reintegrated and maybe even play some games, our position strengthens and he can be sold at a later point for a more favourable fee. It's business.

That's not a bad thing right? Smart decision if true.
No, it's the right decision, it's probably the only smart decision to take. The alternative is to further dilute a 100m asset and have him feeding off your wage bill for years.

So if he's realised the error of his ways and decided he wants to come back and actually work hard to be a decent player for Utd and ETH has accepted that, then so be it.

The only way we'll know for sure is if and when he goes out onto the pitch and plays. But maybe him and Rashford sat at home watching England get to another Euro's final has woken something up in both of them and they're going to go all to prove everyone wrong.

I suspect they'll both revert to type eventually, but it's a situation where we'll just have to wait and see.

Agree with the general consensus. Just not very good. I don't know what he brings that others in the team can't

Sensible move and I think he’ll be one of the main priorities to shift this summer. If he does stay, then I’m sure there’s an agreement on attitude and behaviour so we don’t have a repeat of last year.

We’ve just got to make sure he is fit enough to pass a medical somewhere. It’s mutually beneficial for both sides.

He has no future at Utd. If we can’t sell him then he will be loaned out at the end of the window.

The sooner he is gone the less disruptive he can be.

Honestly I think the things he said are pretty forgivable.

The fact that he plays 1 above average match every 3 months is the real problem.

Exactly this - most fans and ETH will immediately forgive his stubbornness, but his performances are crap.

His misgivings are discussed time and time again, for me he lacks the application required to succeed at a physical league, and gets found out here very quickly. Apart from the odd match where he shines through with a bit of brilliant technical ability, he will never find consistency in England.

If he stays and plays a bit better this season then great, we’ll at least be able to sell him next season.

We’ve seen him for 2 season. He is not good. Bunch of backward and side ways passes and is too scared to take on his man or just doesn’t have the ability. Window will be a 10 for me if we can get rid of him and Antony and get a replacement

I don't think Sancho will do anything at United. If he is not sold he will sulk by October and we will go through the same cycle come December where he will go on Loan.

Sancho doesn't have a backbone for a fight and also he is not good enough for Premier League. He will be in Juve or Napoli come December. I can't forget the disrespect he showed last season. Get Rid

Also just saying sorry is utterly meaningless unless he's realised that the main reason he was in the wrong is because Ten Hag's initial statement was correct and he has promised to improve upon his effort and professionalism.

Which I highly doubt.

On paper this is good news as it adds to the squad and strengthens our position in terms of any transfer negotiation.

But Sancho hardly seems like he will be a helpful presence in the dressing room from ETH's POV. Even if they've agreed to move on, it's hard to imagine he wouldn't be among the first against ETH if/when he comes under pressure.

Hopefully he is sold.

I still don't think he's that good and don't really expect anything from him this season, but if we can't sell him then this is probably the next best option. At least maybe he might contribute something rather than paying his wages while he chills at home.

His apology, or lack of it, is a bit of a red herring. I fear he's toxic within the squad.

By all accounts he had issues at Dortmund and also at United BEFORE Ten Hag
Kudos to Ten Hag. Was never going to be the most popular decision on here but is he can get Sancho back and firing then it'll save you a fortune.

The problem is that if Sancho starts misfiring he doesn't come across as the type of character to accept criticism OR being dropped. He's not a good example to have in the dressing room especially as Rashford and him appear to be two peas in the same pod.

If Ten Hag is happy to welcome him back then that's good enough for me. Nobody benefits from him being exiled and just hoping that another side comes in with a suitable offer.

Suspect he's still available and likely to leave but if for whatever reason that doesn't happen, it's sensible to have him as an option.

Can't win them all I guess. No interest in the lad, probably due to his issues and huge wages so we kind of have to 'reintegrate' him.

Could be really bad news with both him and Rashford stinking the place up with their attitudes and rubbish football. Fingers crossed they don't get a lot of playing time.

Political stance between player and manager.
Which hopefully makes it an easier sell, albeit with the same massive problem of original cost and sky high wages.

Can't win them all I guess. No interest in the lad, probably due to his issues and huge wages so we kind of have to 'reintegrate' him.

Could be really bad news with both him and Rashford stinking the place up with their attitudes and rubbish football. Fingers crossed they don't get a lot of playing time.

Thought Rashford played well in the cup final, hope he can keep up at that level for a while. He's due one of his good seasons I guess, and if we can get a good ball winner who can feed him quickly out wide and/or if he can link up well with Zirkzee then you never know. I'd happily sell him if someone offered £80m but that doesn't mean we can't find a use for him here.

Don't see the problem with this. If pulls the finger out and cracks on, we've got a real player and genuine option across in the forward positions. If not, move him on a Greenwood type deal. Win win for everyone.

I hope this is selling tactic. I thought the days of giving players umpteen chances to prove themselves were done.

I agree but I do think that if ETH sees a genuine change and he's still around after the transfer window he'll give him an opportunity. I don't think ETH is the type to have him in the squad and refuse to play him based on previous issues.

ETH had a right to tell the club to feck Sancho, but even last season he never fully closed the door to him. A line was crossed but not one where no recovery was possible.
Even if given a chance I don't think he'll do well. I don't think he has it in him to be successful here, he isn't professional or mentally strong enough for this level. I don't think he was that great for Dortmund either.

I'm not trying to write him off, but it feels like we've been there so many times. If a player can't prove himself in his 1st 3 years at the club, the 4th year won't be the one.

Has to be Garnacho at the moment
Alejandro.

I prefer him on the right but his availability there I suppose will depend on Rashfords form. If Marcus plays anything like as badly as last season then he has to be dropped for Garnacho.

That would leave us with Sancho, Anthony and Diallo. None of which are the greatest options for various reasons.

Last edited:
The board must have a red line on the amount of player value that exits at a loss

I'm not sure what the entente cordiale was here in terms of keep or twist but we need attackers who can put in a shift without completing

I want him gone but its right to stick to our evaluation. Maybe hurts short term but long term sets the marker down.

The message needs to be loud and clear the new regime won’t be forced into overpaying nor selling assets on the cheap.
BVB and Juve can take a hike

Word is he's the one that approached ETH.

I'm happy that a line has been drawn under it, because the situation wasn't doing anyone any favours. Whether he acts up again would depends if lessons have been learned - there's a small part of me that thinks Sancho has matured since then, plus despite me thinking it was the correct thing to kick him out of the team, ETH would probably approach the subject differently should Sancho's training not be up to scratch again.

The whole thing got blown way out of proportion and it didn't need to be.

Smart move on his part, as he probably figured out his career is better off as part of an ascendant Man United than as an outcast at some smaller club.

I've been very critical of Sancho, but with the dust settled it's not a terrible idea for him to have a last chance if he's truly ready to be professional. He should be given very short shrift though

I'd also be absolutely fine if we sold him.

I've been very critical of Sancho, but with the dust settled it's not a terrible idea for him to have a last chance if he's truly ready to be professional. He should be given very short shrift though

I'd also be absolutely fine if we sold him.

I agree. I'm actually still hopeful there's a player there. My concerns aren't with whether or not Sancho has actually matured (I hope he has and it's possible since I was a genuine POS until my mid-20s and changed a tonne) but my actual concern is we don't have a fullback at the club, bar maybe Shawberto but I can't see Sancho getting much time on the left, that has the quality and skill set to unlock Sancho's immense talent.

If he came back into the team and started putting in quality performances he would win over his detractors here in no time,if you play well enough supporters and management etc will soon overlook any past failings.

But the problem with Sancho is that he is just not a good enough footballer even if puts in an effort. He is too slow , weak and timid for this league.

He will spend most of the season on the bench before we offload him in January or next summer for peanuts.

My issue is I am not sure where Sancho fits in the planning that has gone on, clearly he is a player with some talent but from my observation he lacks pace and physicality.

Where does he fit into the team? especially following the singing of Zirkzee.... I would rather have Garnacho right or left, I would rather have an in from Rashford on the left, so he doesn't get into my starting 11, he gets in in-front of Antony, not sure I would not rather see Amad and Zirkzee given the opportunity.

Over all I am pretty underwhelmed at the prospect, moreover I am concerned that whilst everything might be rosey right now, how much will it take for sancho to start throwing his toys out of the pram again, the last thing we need

We should just hire Roy Keane as Sancho's "personal trainer". Sancho's training would consist of doing the bleep test for 6 hours a day whilst being verbally destroyed by Keane.

3 times per hour, at random moments, Martin O'Neil can run in and throw an ice bucket over him. Keane and O'Neil both shout "do your job", high five and do the "Roger Miller dance", while Sancho weeps.

I prefer him on the right but his availability there I suppose will depend on Rashfords form. If Marcus plays anything like as badly as last season then he has to be dropped for Garnacho.

That would leave us with Sancho, Anthony and Diallo. None of which are not the greatest options for various reasons.
That last paragraph makes no sense.
I hope Amad gets a decent crack this season as Antony and Sancho have been given numerous ones and they are clearly not up for it in the Premier League.