Sancho back in training

Still feel like he will go before the window closes but if he doesn’t, I hope he can get to the level he is capable of playing at, because fit and top form Sancho probably becomes our best player. With someone like Rasmus as well he has someone that will make those little runs for him to find the passing lanes.

In theory that partnership should be an absolute banger but rarely ever works out like that so will be interested to see if he will get a fare shake over the season or be 5th choice and limited chances.

If that’s the case hopefully doesn’t go in to ultra sulk mode.

Still feel like he will go before the window closes but if he doesn’t, I hope he can get to the level he is capable of playing at, because fit and top form Sancho probably becomes our best player. With someone like Rasmus as well he has someone that will make those little runs for him to find the passing lanes.

In theory that partnership should be an absolute banger but rarely ever works out like that so will be interested to see if he will get a fare shake over the season or be 5th choice and limited chances.

If that’s the case hopefully doesn’t go in to ultra sulk mode.
I have seen very little evidence that he could be our best player. Actually, I have seen no evidence of that.

Played exactly how he has played in his previous seasons here. If he was a player from the academy on low-mid wages and hadn't disrespected the manager and club then sure keep him around as a squad player. However, the guy is one of our most expensive signings and one of the top earners in the squad. Yet despite that he clearly is not better than Garnacho, Rashford or Amad and you can make an argument even Antony is better than him because at least Antony has a bit of fight and aggression in him.

Get his wages off our books, hopefully get 20-30 mil for him and lets get in a winger who can actually beat a man and has a bit of fight in them.

I just can’t see him being any different to what he was in his first 3 years here.

There’s no starting role for him here and he is the opposite of an impact player. He’s a nailed on disappointment in my opinion. This league and club just isn’t for him, so I hope we can find a buyer.

Posters reactions to things like this is always interesting.... Hopefully this all turns out well anyway

How long can a player be "out of form" before it just becomes the norm.

It's now literally years since he's played consistently good stuff. Most of the time that's just how it continues. Players don't generally start ripping it up after taking three years off.

I have seen very little evidence that he could be our best player. Actually, I have seen no evidence of that.
Take it you didn’t know he existed 2018-2020 then?

I hope he can reach that level but it’s been 4 years and there have only been tiny glimpses of anything like getting back to that so I doubt that he can get back to that but I hope he does because then we have a hell of a player on our hands.

Or maybe he just has the (correct) view that looking good in the Bundesliga means diddly squat in terms of being able to cut it in the Premier League - let alone indicating the ability to be the star player for a team theoretically aiming to win the thing. Until proven otherwise he's just another Kagawa/Mkhitaryan, which is to say simply not good enough at this level.

Generally the full backs at United have been very poor for a while, Dalot has improved but the rest of them have either been injured or shite.

If Sancho does end up staying then the only hope is that Shaw can help out and improve things so that Sancho doesn't stink out the place out again.

Everyone knows a player only really finds their feet in the 4th season! :smirk:

Needs to get more up to speed .. he wasn't to clever v a Mediocre Rangers side..bit of a showing now and again, let's hope he goes on tour and basically tears it up on the field???

Something tells me he's a bit lazy and it's just how he is ? He's a player when he's on it but I'm getting fed up with Utd having those kind of players.. need a 7 to 8 out of 10 players every game..

I hope he can reach that level but it’s been 4 years and there have only been tiny glimpses of anything like getting back to that so I doubt that he can get back to that but I hope he does because then we have a hell of a player on our hands.
I mean he hasn’t shown anything at United to indicate that he could be even good enough to cement a place in our best XI, let alone be our best player. What he had done at Dortmund is virtually irrelevant.

Played exactly how he has played in his previous seasons here. If he was a player from the academy on low-mid wages and hadn't disrespected the manager and club then sure keep him around as a squad player. However, the guy is one of our most expensive signings and one of the top earners in the squad. Yet despite that he clearly is not better than Garnacho, Rashford or Amad and you can make an argument even Antony is better than him because at least Antony has a bit of fight and aggression in him.

Get his wages off our books, hopefully get 20-30 mil for him and lets get in a winger who can actually beat a man and has a bit of fight in them.
Apparently his wages are around 250,000 a week !! Very few clubs can afford that kind of money. Sancho doesn't seem like the type of person to take a reduction.

I hope Sancho leaves. I watched the Rangers game and was a bit let down by his effort. He didnt do poorly, but I expected him to do more than he did. If anybody has something to prove on the pitch in that game, its him.
I think he is uber talented, but I dont think he will ever give United 110% and we need that from our players. I would seriously look to move him.. Also, I just cant forget how he left us high and dry when we needed him.

How long can a player be "out of form" before it just becomes the norm.

It's now literally years since he's played consistently good stuff. Most of the time that's just how it continues. Players don't generally start ripping it up after taking three years off.

Even in his final season at Dortmund, he was terrible for more than the first half of it because “his head wasn’t right” after the United move broke down. He’s been underperforming for four years, and I think we’d be lucky to get 30 million for him. I would still think that if, by some miracle, he did start ripping it up somewhere else — Sancho is no use to us.

We are stuck though, aren’t we? He’s on ridiculous wages and very difficult to see anyone picking those up plus giving us £40m for the privilege. I just hope the new management structure can get into his head, stop him playing FM into middle of the night and get to training on time. He’s got bundles of talent, but also a great example of what can happen if you give somebody so much money at a young age. He’s made for life if he never kicks a football ever again. Somebody needs to sort his life out and get him focussed.

In today's market, 40m for Sancho is a fair price. We are asking 40 but I guess could settle around 30 ish pound.

Even Marseille could afford to pay Greenwood. For Sancho, with this prices Dortmund, Juventus, PSG and many PL clubs could afford that. The low transfer fees is for the club to offset some of his high wages.

Sancho is not a bad player. Just that not suitable for our style of play or PL intensity. He is linked to many clubs in this window. It could still happens. We need to get better at selling.

Id settle for 15mil to offset those high wages. Practically a 15mil player at most

If I'm not wrong, I read from a reputable source that his book value is still about 28m pound. We need to sell about 30ish to clear his book value and pay him off a bit to offset his high wages. This is only to break even without any profit. Selling at 15m will be at huge loss which doesn't make sense.

If I'm not wrong, I read from a reputable source that his book value is still about 28m pound. We need to sell about 30ish to clear his book value and pay him off a bit to offset his high wages. This is only to break even without any profit. Selling at 15m will be at huge loss which doesn't make sense.

It should be about that, 2/5 of the original transfer fee (I think for accounts submitted to regulation you can't stretch depreciation longer than 5 years). It's not great selling players at massive discounts if it can be avoided.

I think eventually we will be selling at a huge loss anyway , it has been an awful transfer or us. I keep hearing about all this talent he has , but he has never shown it in the premier league and most likely never will , just a far too timid player.

I think eventually we will be selling at a huge loss anyway , it has been an awful transfer or us. I keep hearing about all this talent he has , but he has never shown it in the premier league and most likely never will , just a far too timid player.

I think we can get at least 28m for him to cover the book value. We shouldn't sell at a loss. We can do better.

I thought he did okay the other day. Would have been better with a proper fullback supporting him in attack.

That's kinda irrelevant, his wages are too high.

Tbh, he's had Luke Shaw supporting him for most of his time here and hes still underwhelmed.
Talking of full backs, Sancho was up against a journeyman player, (Wigan, Stoke and Blackpool), Sterling, and, honestly I thought he was pretty ordinary, much the same as he has been since we signed him. Good grief for £70 million+, and a huge wedge of a salary I expect far more than "did OK". Admittedly he does not set the fees, but usually with these figures we SHOULD see a player of decent talent...not a run of the mill, indifferent footballer, which is far too often on display. The fees to purchase him being bandied about I find ludicrous, and I doubt any club would pay the salary he is currently "earning". If he was that great at Dortmund (Champions League etc.) why have they not bought him ? We need players to sweat blood for our club/the shirt, not mediocre imposters.