Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

He didn't really say Martial and Rashford are cry babies in this quote though. He was asked how players should deal with managers' criticism and he said this. How do you know this is targeted particularly towards both ? Maybe they were also tough and dealing with it normally and he didn't point towards them. Maybe he was talking about himself. Nothing really to be mad about this quote. I don't they both cared about it or took it on themselves.

As for his agent, it's his way. Look at his quotes about Pogba last summer.

Finally, this fitness state thing Mata shared on his account and joked about it. Is Mata a twat for doing that too ?

Really, all these aren't good enough reasons to label him a twat and take the hate towards him to a near personal level from some. Guy is a nothing player for us. He played 2 years and won nothing. He didn't like it here, couldn't handle the pressure from fans and media and decided to move on. Hardly anything to get mad about, imo. 1 year after he left, pretty much time to move on and forgot he even existed for us.
if a large portion of fans are glad to see the back of him theres probably something in it, that isnt for you to decide if they are correct.

There it is @mu4c_20le now I remember. Kept me wondering why the coaching staff allowed him to continue defending set pieces in the box. Stick him up near the taker such was the liability he presented in the box.

But he's not shit, though. He's a good striker. And I don't think he said he felt too good for United. He said that thing about dreaming of how it would feel to leave the club, which was probably a little misunderstood and taken out of context. I'd probably feel the same way if I was playing under Mourinho and the toxic working environment he creates.

Yeah fair enough he is a good striker obviously when the team plays to his strengths, but he did come out with a lot of crap after leaving us, how everything was more professional at Inter etc yet he was the unprofessional one for the last year or so being overweight and disinterested.

I dont think he left due to Jose as he left long after Jose was gone and was pretty much unstoppable under him. I think he just knew Ole just didnt really rate him.

I bear him no ill will really but like many other posters on here I'm sure glad he is gone as he is not good enough for us. It's difficult not to poke fun at his dreadful first touch when we had to put up with it during his time here and after that stupid tweet by Inter.

Considering the goals he's scored, I don't think Inter are too unhappy with their investment.

It worked out well for everyone in the end, and some posters on here really need to move on. Jumping on him like this because of one unlucky own goal as if it proves anything about his ability only serves to make the poster look bitter and, frankly, unintelligent.

I’m happy to be called bitter - but will call you out on looking unintelligent!

He treated the club poorly, his complete lack of respect for the club whilst he was here and subsequently shows how poor his mentality was.

You are however right, it’s a good deal for everyone. Somehow, we got most of our money back, and he can go to a club where the expectations are much lower and his failings aren’t highlighted, and where he can get away with that first touch of his.

I only just realised the thread title wasn't someone speaking too soon, but is absolute genius.
Whoops.

Exactly.

Plus I mean he won us several games of football while he was here... And he was a vital part in one of the best nights we've had for years away in Paris.

That sums up Lukaku. In 2 seasons as our no 1 striker, he won “several games of football”. I suppose he did go 5 months without scoring, and only scored 1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6 in the PL, and so several games is about right.

Considering the goals he's scored, I don't think Inter are too unhappy with their investment.

It worked out well for everyone in the end, and some posters on here really need to move on. Jumping on him like this because of one unlucky own goal as if it proves anything about his ability only serves to make the poster look bitter and, frankly, unintelligent.
tbf their fans had already caught up on his big-game choker reputation, and today's game just reinforced it.

Yeah fair enough he is a good striker obviously when the team plays to his strengths, but he did come out with a lot of crap after leaving us, how everything was more professional at Inter etc yet he was the unprofessional one for the last year or so being overweight and disinterested.

I dont think he left due to Jose as he left long after Jose was gone and was pretty much unstoppable under him. I think he just knew Ole just didnt really rate him.

I bear him no ill will really but like many other posters on here I'm sure glad he is gone as he is not good enough for us. It's difficult not to poke fun at his dreadful first touch when we had to put up with it during his time here and after that stupid tweet by Inter.
He was eventually dropped by Jose as he was so poor. He was Joses main man so once he left, he knew he wouldnt be the main man anymore

Just to be clear, I'm glad we sold him. Think he's a decent striker but I always preferred Martial because, while he might score less than Lukaku, the team will score more with him in the team because of what he brings to our attack besides goals. I'm just really not getting the lingering hate towards Lukaku.

There it is @mu4c_20le now I remember. Kept me wondering why the coaching staff allowed him to continue defending set pieces in the box. Stick him up near the taker such was the liability he presented in the box.

Difficult. Probably didn’t want him on the counter, as we knew he would just balls that up and try to bamboozle the opposition with his step overs.

In retrospect. We should have stuck him 10 yards away from every free kick and corner.

if a large portion of fans are glad to see the back of him theres probably something in it, that isnt for you to decide if they are correct.

Think this is becoming a theme on the Caf, some posters deciding that some opinions are incorrect and need to be guided to the right path before being banned or whatever. They want this place to be an echo chamber.

Nothing against Lukaku i just laugh at the media overreaction after Martial missed a couple of chances on Sunday night and Lukaku scoring on Monday. So called experts looking clueless again.

Yeah, you're right, my memory was a bit hazy there. Although I will say that just because Mourinho likes and plays you doesn't necessarily mean you enjoy playing for him, I can't imagine it's much fun for anyone.

Nothing against Lukaku i just laugh at the media overreaction after Martial missed a couple of chances on Sunday night and Lukaku scoring on Monday. So called experts looking clueless again.

I dislike Lukaku as much as any Lukaku disliker (cards on table).

He scored the 4th and 5th goal in a complete rout, how the bloody hell does that compare to a tight game where chances need to be taken? Bloody ridiculous.

So let me get this right; you come on an anonymous, international message forum for football fans aged 12+ and teach your morals? I’d say that says a lot about your intelligence as well mate, sorry. It’s an ex player and football fans, come on... it’s banter.

Took a look at Inter forum:
33 goals in a season mean shit when you puss out in the biggest game in 10 years. He should be docked 3 months wages for missing an easy goal and another 3 months for scoring a winning OG.
Whoever compared you with the likes of R9 and Eto’o, has a lower IQ then you.
I will repeat this again, this guy is a fecking choker against big teams or big moments. Media made it seem like he was the hero against Shaktar just because he scored 2 goals in the end and Conte playing the race card? They both can get fecked
Just like the avatar, when we needed him most, he vanished.
He has always been a big game choker. Like against Shaktar he only started scoring after Lautaro already killed the game. Before that point he was invisible - or ruining attacks

I think we should sell him if Conte goes. Bring in Messi and Allegri
I hoped nothing more than Lukaku redeeming himself out of that reputation of "big game choker", but no. Same fecking shit. Missing a breakaway and then cherry on top, scoring an own goal like that. Maaaaaan, give me a break (not that the own goal had anything to do with his choking thing, but you need to fecking be on top of your game all the time, the feck you put your foot there when defending?!?!?!)
Still had an unbelievable season, no need to dramatise. He got no service today, and the own goal was just unfortunate.

Might score even more next year when we're not playing with Gagliardini for half the season.
Before the game
I think he will have added motivation to go for the R9 record tonight and to prove that he can do what MU strikers couldn't in the semis.
Hope both strikers are on their top level thou, big game, big players.
Replay
This aged well, played 2 mins, scored, disappeared just to miss a 1vs1 and score the OG.
The difference between a good player and a top player

It's not up to me to decide but it's up to me to say my opinion on it, beside fanbase of any club has a good proportion in it who are delusional and take everything in a hyperbole fashion. Doesn't mean this portion is right as well.

And anyway, this is a weird way to not replay on my response on your points, which means you probably don't have any further replay on it. Shame, didn't want the talk to end in that way.

And anyway, I'm not the only one who said the bitterness towards him is weird in this thread.

Lukaku would have taken those chances Greenwood, Martial, Rashford missed against Sevilla according to some hmm

He probably would have at least scored. We had some great chances in that game. Many strikers would have scored a few of those.
Although we will never know since we do not have Lukaku .
Greenwood, Martial and Rashford on another day would have scored too.

It's not up to me to decide but it's up to me to say my opinion on it, beside fanbase of any club has a good proportion in it who are delusional and take everything in a hyperbole fashion. Doesn't mean this portion is right as well.

And anyway, this is a weird way to not replay on my response on your points, which means you probably don't have any further replay on it. Shame, didn't want the talk to end in that way.

And anyway, I'm not the only one who said the bitterness towards him is weird in this thread.
Those points are the reason fans are not happy with him and you swatted them all away. nothing to elaborate

He probably would have at least scored. We had some great chances in that game. Many strikers would have scored a few of those.
Although we will never know since we do not have Lukaku .
Greenwood, Martial and Rashford on another day would have scored too.

Lukaku has an appalling record against decent teams. Let’s not conflate is missing chances with him suddenly being able to score in a tight game.

Those points are the reason fans are not happy with him and you swatted them all away. nothing to elaborate

I replied on everyone of them, or were you expecting a different response on your points ? Anyway, Ok then, as you wish.

Lukaku has an appalling record against decent teams. Let’s not conflate is missing chances with him suddenly being able to score in a tight game.

Yeah he bottled a big chance tonight. Just the chances we had was that good that most strikers would score.
Not sure why we just mention Lukaku though just cause he played for us.
I do think we miss Lukaku in our squad, but he wanted to leave so let's not go into that.

So let me get this right; you come on an anonymous, international message forum for football fans aged 12+ and teach your morals? I’d say that says a lot about your intelligence as well mate, sorry. It’s an ex player and football fans, come on... it’s banter.
Point taken. It might say something about my unhealthy procrastination habits. I'm assuming people mean what they write, and if you (not you specifically, the shared you) think that one fluke own goal is proof that Lukaku is a poor player, then I think that's an incredibly narrow, knee-jerky view of football. If it's simply 'banter' then I don't quite get why Lukaku in particular should be targeted the way he is, as I think he was a reasonably good player for us who hasn't done much (or certainly enough) to deserve the hate.

Thing is we could present a valid agreement that if Welbeck was playing he would have scored?

Yeah Welbeck might have scored. At least peak Welbeck even if he wasted good chances too.
Chicarito might have as well or even old Rooney. Although Rooney would be too slow to get the chances we got I think.

Point taken. It might say something about my unhealthy procrastination habits. I'm assuming people mean what they write, and if you (not you specifically, the shared you) think that one fluke own goal is proof that Lukaku is a poor player, then I think that's an incredibly narrow, knee-jerky view of football. If it's simply 'banter' then I don't quite get why Lukaku in particular should be targeted the way he is, as I think he was a reasonably good player for us who hasn't done much (or certainly enough) to deserve the hate.
The inter milan tweet last week about his touch then tonight scores an own goal in a final, come on man its like Gerrard saying this doesnt slip. :D

A lot of the bitterness towards him stems from how bitter he was towards the club when left.

Anyway, same old Lukaku tonight. Useless against half decent opposition although the OG was comedy.

I’m reading this thread and unfortunately the Benny Hill theme song is now stuck in my head.

At least he defends hard enough to be in the penalty box. Martial would never be in this position to defend. That's why Mourinho and some posters here love him so much.

At least he defends hard enough to be in the penalty box. Martial would never be in this position to defend. That's why Mourinho and some posters here love him so much.
It was a set-piece.

After Lukaku trash talking United.

Media and opposition fans loving he made it to the final and United got knocked out.

Then he scores an own goal the moments later misses a sitter. You love to see it.