Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

Nothing against Lukaku i just laugh at the media overreaction after Martial missed a couple of chances on Sunday night and Lukaku scoring on Monday. So called experts looking clueless again.
As with most of the hysteria on this forum, all roads lead back to the Pogba and Martial fanboys.

Lukaku isn't Martial's enemy.

He probably would have at least scored. We had some great chances in that game. Many strikers would have scored a few of those.
Although we will never know since we do not have Lukaku .
Greenwood, Martial and Rashford on another day would have scored too.
It was more good goalkeeping and last ditch defending from Sevilla against United. Have seen Lukaku plentful in big games for United to have a fair idea he likely wouldn't have scored either.

That's a bit different as that's about United whereas the bumping to ridicule is just petty vindictiveness towards a player who was frankly a pretty decent player for us.

He was pretty graceless when he left us. And in terms of being 'a pretty decent player for us', I think the diplomatic response is that he wasn't the right fit at United. He was goalscorer who didnt score enough goals.

He probably would have at least scored. We had some great chances in that game. Many strikers would have scored a few of those.
I doubt we would have created half of those chances if Lukaku had been in our lineup. Great finisher in isolation but he just doesn‘t add anything to make our front row greater than the sum of its parts.

As with most of the hysteria on this forum, all roads lead back to the Pogba and Martial fanboys.

Lukaku isn't Martial's enemy.
This whole thread has been peak weird though. From the loser continuously posting baity gifs to the pages and pages of bitchy jilted ex girlfriend level whining.

Tbh I don't hate the guy, just find him so funny. Like most here imo. What's wrong to have some laugh about something funny ? Especially when he's not with us anymore :lol:

I don't understand the obsession with ex players. From sappily yearning for Welbeck (yes, this happened!) to the Lukaku thread being bumped all the time with praise or more often cricism/mockery, it's just all very weird. We hang on far too much to our ex players. Taking the piss of debating it once in awhile is fine but doing it constantly is really a bit much. That's where these yearly threads on other team players doesn't help.

Some posters here have memory of goldfish. Do you lot remember him slagging us after he left ? Saying he always wanted to leave the moment he signed for us. Good riddance big oaf. Hope this haunted him for the rest of his career. LuKaKu hAs No FiRsT TouCh my arse.

Hahaha.

If he'd score goals of this kind (at the right end of course), he'd still have been here.

Took a look at Inter forum:

Before the game

Replay

Nothing that wouldn't be out of place in the Lukaku thread here when he was playing for us.

Though I'm pretty sure after seeing the likes of Berbatov and Scholes play for the club, United's Twitter account wouldn't be bragging about Lukaku's first touch. :lol:

I don't understand the obsession with ex players. From sappily yearning for Welbeck (yes, this happened!) to the Lukaku thread being bumped all the time with praise or more often cricism/mockery, it's just all very weird. We hang on far too much to our ex players. Taking the piss of debating it once in awhile is fine but doing it constantly is really a bit much. That's where these yearly threads on other team players doesn't help.
The reason people love to hate on Lukaku is because he's been a big bellend up until about half a week ago and we had to put up with his shit while he was here, so it's quite enjoyable seeing it not happening here.

This thread turns the most sensible United fan into a bitter, RAWKish fool. He’s just a good striker with attitude problems, who still scored 27 goals in his first season at the club and gave us that night in Paris in his last. Grown-ass man and releasing speed results were terrible on his part, but he’s gone now!

I understand the vitriol to Di Maria etc, but this thread just makes some of you look like idiots.

It’s easy to see why Lukaku is so ridiculed among United fans.

We’ve had to endure the player himself trying to big himself up and talk as if he was some kind of saviour to the club, Mourinho waxing lyrical about him being ‘his guy’ even through horrendous form, failing to drop him while Martial and Rashford get dragged through the mud, being Mourinho’s #1 soldier in the media, being extremely unfit and constantly blaming others on the pitch and to top it off, the media going on about how great he is and how we miss him and so on. Even some of our own fans keep harping on about it as if they didn’t witness his complete lack of suitability to our needs.

Furthermore, his new club have even tried to ridicule and boast on his behalf, so yeah it was funny as feck when he put the ball in his own net for the winner in a european final.

There’s no need to hate the guy of course, but doesn’t mean you can’t laugh at him.

His constant pointing around at his teammates when they made "bad passes" or didn't pass to him and criticizing his team's "poor defending" are so damn annoying. Massive ego this one. And there he goes, have a taste of being the person who costed his team the trophy.

I just want to point out that Lukaku scored an own goal whilst playing in the Manchester derby, I'm sure he's scored own goals on other occasions before last night, it's not a fluke he seems to choke under real pressure. tbf his goal scoring record has never been the problem we all know he's got the knack of finding the quite often but the issue with most posters including me is that outside of goals his contribution to the team can be found wanting and that is were i think he seriously needs to improve. For me I'm glad to have seen thr back of him.

We bought him and he delivered exactly what he does and continue to for Inter. He scores goals but never quite the ones that matter in 'that' moment.

Just to be clear, I'm glad we sold him. Think he's a decent striker but I always preferred Martial because, while he might score less than Lukaku, the team will score more with him in the team because of what he brings to our attack besides goals. I'm just really not getting the lingering hate towards Lukaku.

I think the lingering hate is a lot to do with the fact that he ended up overweight and not giving it his all for us for the last season or so and then wanting out. He also appeared to have a lack of awareness of his abilities/limitations as a player. At least Young and even Sanchez seemed to give it their all on the field.

For my part, I dont have any hate towards him, it's more just dislike, I cant speak for anyone else however.

Still remember those days. How we were told he would be a revelation at Arsenal and we would regret selling him.

He probably wouldn’t have

An attacking threat on both sides of the pitch. Golden boy of European football :drool:

It’s easy to see why Lukaku is so ridiculed among United fans.

We’ve had to endure the player himself trying to big himself up and talk as if he was some kind of saviour to the club, Mourinho waxing lyrical about him being ‘his guy’ even through horrendous form, failing to drop him while Martial and Rashford get dragged through the mud, being Mourinho’s #1 soldier in the media, being extremely unfit and constantly blaming others on the pitch and to top it off, the media going on about how great he is and how we miss him and so on. Even some of our own fans keep harping on about it as if they didn’t witness his complete lack of suitability to our needs.

Furthermore, his new club have even tried to ridicule and boast on his behalf, so yeah it was funny as feck when he put the ball in his own net for the winner in a european final.

There’s no need to hate the guy of course, but doesn’t mean you can’t laugh at him.
Sensible post. I couldn’t have said it better.