Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

Not really sure how people on here can be smug. Were we not dumped out of the Europa League without scoring a goal from open play against Sevilla and Copenhagen?

Own goals happen; that is it. Still a remarkable return; 30 goals in one season is brilliant. Inter's defence were to blame today by pretty much losing every single cross into the box. It was far too easy for Sevilla from set-pieces.
"We battered the eventual winners and were unlucky to go out" is a glass half full way of looking at it, but you know.

Just in the wrong direction :lol:

fb_img_1598044355708-jpg.162192
Fantastic. Sevilla's Sherringham knows.

He left us as he felt he was too good for United. This is why this thread gets bumped.

The thread deserves a bump everytime we are reminded of how shit he is. He deserves it for having the temerity to have any such notion.

I'm happy for him however that he scored the winner tonight......oh wait.
But he's not shit, though. He's a good striker. And I don't think he said he felt too good for United. He said that thing about dreaming of how it would feel to leave the club, which was probably a little misunderstood and taken out of context. I'd probably feel the same way if I was playing under Mourinho and the toxic working environment he creates.

He’s had a great season in a team that suits him and he’s a good guy.

I don’t begrudge him for being disrespectful to this club. What was there to be respectful about?

He has still not won a title or I am wrong? Maybe did win in Belgium?
That is pretty poor for a player at his level.
He did win in Belgium I see. Not won it after in the big leagues though.

But it's. I really don't find any reason to be bitter about the quote above. He didn't like it at United, and couldn't like the pressure from fans and media when he doesn't score so thought of leaving. Why should I get mad because he said this ?

Nobody is getting mad and nobody is portraying a hatred for Lukaku, most posters have credited his goal tally this season. United fans are understandably going to take the piss on a night like this though because of the way he left the club and his comments in the media, I'm not sure why some find that strange.

Nobody is getting mad and nobody is portraying a hatred for Lukaku, most posters have credited his goal tally this season. United fans are understandably going to take the piss on a night like this though because of the way he left the club and his comments, I'm not sure why some find that strange.

As I said, the hatred point isn't really directed at you, but some here took it to a weird level towards him imo, ever since this transfer happened, and has been obvious since the first few pages in this thread. Your points in this post is reasonable, no problem.

He has still not won a title or I am wrong? Maybe did win in Belgium?
That is pretty poor for a player at his level.
He technically won the FA Cup with us in 2012, he only played once possibly twice but technically counts.

But it's. I really don't find any reason to be bitter about the quote above. He didn't like it at United, and couldn't like the pressure from fans and media when he doesn't score so thought of leaving. Why should I get mad because he said this ?
Many players have not quite worked out here and fans respect them. When he was undroppable under jose and people like Rashford, Martial, Shaw were getting publicly hammered by Mourinho, he was saying things like 'youre a grown ass man, deal with it'.

Literally days befoe our CL tie with Barcelona his agent came out out with a statement how he'd loves to play in italy and maybe Madrid or Barca. Then after leaving posted fitness stats bout shaw throwing him under the bus to make himself look better.

Guy couldnt play 60 mins for us without blowing out of his arse, as soon as he leaves the weight drops off. Respect is a 2 way street. Nothing has changed he is just match fit now and has all the same playing traits

He's very thin skinned. Wonder how he'll react to all the memes.
That's why I don't really like the taunting that much.

For a thin skinned person it can easily turn to online bullying. Hopefully he's able to shake it off, as there's no way to get rid of it really.

Just got back from the pub, never have i seen so many people cheer an own goal like i did tonight, get the feck in, couldnt have happened to a bigger cnut. Look forward to whatever shite hes spewing on social media over the next few days to cover up his inadequacies as a top level footballer. Ole totally correct selling him on.

But he's not shit, though. He's a good striker. And I don't think he said he felt too good for United. He said that thing about dreaming of how it would feel to leave the club, which was probably a little misunderstood and taken out of context. I'd probably feel the same way if I was playing under Mourinho and the toxic working environment he creates.

Are we still believing this bollocks. It’s just him trying to spin why he was a failure at the club. The reality is he failed because he wasn’t good enough, didn’t want to push himself, couldn’t be bothered with his fitness and didn’t have the right mentality.

Clearly he’s not going to say that. And we know how he loves to point, so has to point as anything where it’s not his fault.

As I said, the hatred point isn't really directed at you, but some here took it to a weird level towards him imo, ever since this transfer happened, and has been obvious since the first few pages in this thread. Your points in this post is reasonable, no problem.

Oh yeah I know, was just pointing out that most posters tonight anyway haven't displayed this hatred/bitterness that other poster was going on about. Haven't actually visited this thread in a good while.

That's why I don't really like the taunting that much.

For a thin skinned person it can easily turn to online bullying. Hopefully he's able to shake it off, as there's no way to get rid of it really.

Not to mention racism, considering the country he's playing in. (and the general state of twitter)

I've been out and didn't watch the football or know the score, this title made me laugh when I watched the highlights :lol:

I’d understand the bitterness to a player like ADM who was/is clearly good enough to be an amazing United player and absolutely can handle the pressure of a big club. But Lukaku? Who gives a shit really?
I can only speak for myself but I get frustrated with the overrating of him as a player. Constantly coming into this thread to see people defending him, praising him and this, that and the other. The guys a cretin who thinks he’s better than he is and was shocking for Utd. It’s very easy to see why people aren’t wishing him all the best.

Many players have not quite worked out here and fans respect them. When he was undroppable under jose and people like Rashford, Martial, Shaw were getting publicly hammered by Mourinho, he was saying things like 'youre a grown ass man, deal with it'.

Literally days befoe our CL tie with Barcelona his agent came out out with a statement how he'd loves to play in italy and maybe Madrid or Barca. Then after leaving posted fitness stata bout shaw throwing him under the bus to make himself look better.

Guy couldnt play 60 mins for us without blowing out of his arse, as soon as he leaves the weight drops off. Respect is a 2 way street. Nothing has changed he is just match fit now and has all the same playing traits

He didn't really say Martial and Rashford are cry babies in this quote though. He was asked how players should deal with managers' criticism and he said this. How do you know this is targeted particularly towards both ? Maybe they were also tough and dealing with it normally and he didn't point towards them. Maybe he was talking about himself. Nothing really to be mad about this quote. I don't they both cared about it or took it on themselves.

As for his agent, it's his way. Look at his quotes about Pogba last summer.

Finally, this fitness state thing Mata shared on his account and joked about it. Is Mata a twat for doing that too ?

Really, all these aren't good enough reasons to label him a twat and take the hate towards him to a near personal level from some. Guy is a nothing player for us. He played 2 years and won nothing. He didn't like it here, couldn't handle the pressure from fans and media and decided to move on. Hardly anything to get mad about, imo. 1 year after he left, pretty much time to move on and forgot he even existed for us.

Just got back from the pub, never have i seen so many people cheer an own goal like i did tonight, get the feck in, couldnt have happened to a bigger cnut. Look forward to whatever shite hes spewing on social media over the next few days to cover up his inadequacies as a top level footballer. Ole totally correct selling him on.

Love it.

I’ve not once doubted Ole giving him the boot. Also, no doubt it was Ole telling him he wasn’t ever going to be a first team player - that’s when he threw his toys out the pram. Our manager is far too gracious to have thrown him under the bus, and played a blinder by getting the only club interested in him to pay a massive amount of money for him. If it wasn’t for Inter, we wouldn’t have got more than £30m for him.

First of all Mourinho loved him. Second, didn't he say he dreamt about leaving after a 2nd game for us. So it doesn't have anything with the toxic atmosphere but with him not being good enough, not to mention not being professional and unfit.

He is a very good goal scorer but I found it very funny how some have been just taunting Ole and the club since our sevilla defeat of how we have missed Lukaku when the same set of people mocked his first touch when he was here.

Us selling him was a fair decision and it was the best for all parties involved.

Why are people so bitter against him? Yeh I mean I think he needed to be sold and moved on but that's it. It didn't work out, both parties moved on. Being bitter and cheering him actively fail is small time

Love it.

I’ve not once doubted Ole giving him the boot. Also, no doubt it was Ole telling him he wasn’t ever going to be a first team player - that’s when he threw his toys out the pram. Our manager is far too gracious to have thrown him under the bus, and played a blinder by getting the only club interested in him to pay a massive amount of money for him. If it wasn’t for Inter, we wouldn’t have got more than £30m for him.
Considering the goals he's scored, I don't think Inter are too unhappy with their investment.

It worked out well for everyone in the end, and some posters on here really need to move on. Jumping on him like this because of one unlucky own goal as if it proves anything about his ability only serves to make the poster look bitter and, frankly, unintelligent.

Not to mention racism, considering the country he's playing in. (and the general state of twitter)
Definitely. Unfortunately it's never a lesson learned with these things, the banter opportunity is always too irresistible. There's a fine line between banter and getting nasty.

I vaguely recall he fecked up on a set piece or two that led to opposition goals, perhaps an own goal. If memory serves, he was garbage on defensive set pieces though that could probably have been a half-dozen players during his tenure at the club.

ya i think i might be mixing up an own goal with very bad marking.

Love it.

Yeah it was hilarious, i live in Cheshire so we're fairly local to the club and tonight in the pub just felt like it was full of united fans there to cheer on Sevilla, so to see him sky a clearance in to the back of his net and then a shot on goal miles over the bar, the audience got what they turned up for.

And yeah it was a fantastic bit of business by Ole and the club to break even on the guy given how shite he was for us. I'd probably let it go if he hadnt been such a bellend on social media since he moved.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. I feel a bit sorry for him. Don’t really get the hate. He left on good terms. One of those decisions that was best for all concerned.

Exactly.

Plus I mean he won us several games of football while he was here... And he was a vital part in one of the best nights we've had for years away in Paris.

Considering the goals he's scored, I don't think Inter are too unhappy with their investment.

It worked out well for everyone in the end, and some posters on here really need to move on. Jumping on him like this because of one unlucky own goal as if it proves anything about his ability only serves to make the poster look bitter and, frankly, unintelligent.
To be honest who are you to tell anyone who they should and shouldn’t like. The guy was disrespectful to Utd and also absolutely terrible on top of it, I’ve every right to not wish him the best.

I vaguely recall he fecked up on a set piece or two that led to opposition goals, perhaps an own goal. If memory serves, he was garbage on defensive set pieces though that could probably have been a half-dozen players during his tenure at the club.

Good times