Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

Come on people, he just won the europa league

He had a pretty good game apart from his miss and own goal.
They struggled to deal with him a lot.
Comical own goal though. Although might be hard to know if the ball was going outside or not.

Not really sure how people on here can be smug. Were we not dumped out of the Europa League without scoring a goal from open play against Sevilla and Copenhagen?

Own goals happen; that is it. Still a remarkable return; 30 goals in one season is brilliant. Inter's defence were to blame today by pretty much losing every single cross into the box. It was far too easy for Sevilla from set-pieces.

The ultimate reminder of his days here. Missed big chances and ultimately cost his team with the own goal.

Strange hatred towards him on here.

Shit own goal but it was an instinctive block attempt, happens to many a player.
I agree on the ill will, sad to see. But in football terms, he scores goals but also limits your play enormously. And he is a liability in the box defending (City game comes to mind).

“When I first started out in the Premier League, I scored against West Ham and they said, ‘Yeah, but…’. Since then I imagined how it would feel to leave the club. One year at United erases the previous eight.”

"A lot of stuff has been said where I didn’t feel protected,” he said. “I felt like a lot of rumours, ‘Rom going there’, ‘They don’t want Rom’, and nobody came out to shut it down.

“It was for a good three, four weeks. I’m waiting for someone to come out and shut it down. It didn’t happen.

“I had my conversation, told them it was better to go our separate ways. If you don’t want to protect somebody, all these rumours come out. I just wanted you to say: ‘Rom is going to fight for his place,’ but it never happened for four, five months.

"so I thought for two, three weeks to analyse, see all this shit coming out in the media. Who leaks it? Not me. Not my agent. I see it on my phone come out of nowhere. "

“When I go and play for my country, we play the style of play that we want to play probably with Man United and I do well over there.

“So is it me? Four goals in the World Cup, three weeks ago I scored three goals in two games, and before that we played Switzerland and Iceland in September and I scored four goals in two games. I’ve scored 48 goals for my country.”

He is a bit of a baby. Says he left because the "media" made up rumours of him wanting to leave and no one said anything. Could he not just ignore it?

He also admiited to putting on weight and could not even be bothered to lose it. He lost it at Inter mind. lack of effort or desire for United. He also seems to think everything is everyone elses fault and he shoulders none of the blame.

He is, and has always been, a good striker. Possibly a very good striker, conditions permitting... just not definitively a very good striker, and certainly not a great striker.

This has always been the case, and will continue to be the case. Pretty much everyone knew this from the get go when he signed for us (early enthusiasm aside) and pretty much everyone is still right.

He’ll easily reach double figures for Inter, and contribute a more than respectable goal tally.. but he won’t be the one to create a winning goal out of nothing in the dying minutes against Juve... though once in a while he might do it against Udinese.

I can’t think there’s really an awful lot more than that to say?... but apparently 31 pages and counting says I’m wrong..

He will always be the player who bags a ton of goals against lesser teams but misses that crucial one on one chance in a final. That’s just the player he is. It’s the player he has always been. Not bad by a long shot, just not quite good enough to be top level.

Still scored in every EL game this season. He has been scoring more than he did here for sure.
Don't think anyone says he's not a good goalscorer. He scored 16 even in a poor second season here. Its just that he rarely delivers in important games and moments. Only one I remember for us is the PSG game..

“When I first started out in the Premier League, I scored against West Ham and they said, ‘Yeah, but…’. Since then I imagined how it would feel to leave the club. One year at United erases the previous eight.”

"A lot of stuff has been said where I didn’t feel protected,” he said. “I felt like a lot of rumours, ‘Rom going there’, ‘They don’t want Rom’, and nobody came out to shut it down.

“It was for a good three, four weeks. I’m waiting for someone to come out and shut it down. It didn’t happen.

“I had my conversation, told them it was better to go our separate ways. If you don’t want to protect somebody, all these rumours come out. I just wanted you to say: ‘Rom is going to fight for his place,’ but it never happened for four, five months.

"so I thought for two, three weeks to analyse, see all this shit coming out in the media. Who leaks it? Not me. Not my agent. I see it on my phone come out of nowhere. "

“When I go and play for my country, we play the style of play that we want to play probably with Man United and I do well over there.

“So is it me? Four goals in the World Cup, three weeks ago I scored three goals in two games, and before that we played Switzerland and Iceland in September and I scored four goals in two games. I’ve scored 48 goals for my country.”

He is a bit of a baby. Says he left because the "media" made up rumours of him wanting to leave and no one said anything. Could he not just ignore it?

He also admiited to putting on weight and could not even be bothered to lose it. He lost it at Inter mind. lack of effort or desire for United. He also seems to think everything is everyone elses fault and he shoulders none of the blame.

That didn’t make you sound any less bitter mate.

United was too big for him, the media, the pressure, everything. Strange to be bitter about such a nothing player in our history.

He had a pretty good game apart from his miss and own goal.
They struggled to deal with him a lot.
Comical own goal though. Although might be hard to know if the ball was going outside or not.
He started well when they were bossing them early on, then turned to shite.

Mourinho.

That didn’t make you sound any less bitter mate.

Great well thought out response.

So him only signing for United because of Mourinho, even though the two of them have zero ties as Ibrahimović did, is a reason for United fans to like the guy and be ok with his comments quoted by @Stacks ?

Not really sure how people on here can be smug. Were we not dumped out of the Europa League without scoring a goal from open play against Sevilla and Copenhagen?

Own goals happen; that is it. Still a remarkable return; 30 goals in one season is brilliant. Inter's defence were to blame today by pretty much losing every single cross into the box. It was far too easy for Sevilla from set-pieces.
You new to football?

So him only signing for United because of Mourinho, even though the two of them have zero ties as Ibrahimović did, is a reason for United fans to like the guy and be ok with his comments quoted by @Stacks ?

There's no reason to like him, however there's no reason to hate him either. IMO, really weird to hate him just because he didn't like it here and wanted to leave. Not everyone is going to like being at United, or any other club really.

You don’t have to like him, I don’t. It’s the bitterness that’s strange, very Citeh-esque.

As I posted above, United and the pressure was too big for him.

There's no reason to like him, however there's no reason to hate him either. IMO, really weird to hate him just because he didn't like it here and wanted to leave. Not everyone is going to like being at United, or any other club really.

Not saying that, but hate is a strong word. United fans can't even have some banter towards him to some.

Solskjaer-esque. An outstretched toe into the roof of the net.

"And Lukaku has won it.....for the other team."
Just in the wrong direction :lol:

fb_img_1598044355708-jpg.162192

Yeah, I'm not saying he's doesn't play the victim or that he doesn't think he's much better than he is (I remember watching the Euros I think it was, where Hazard and de Bruyne would try all they could not to pass to him when a more technically composed player was available, in a worse position). The glee is one thing, from the fans, but the spitefulness is another. I'm probably guilty of it to a degree (did make that cut our losses thread on him and Sanchez) but it's 99.9% for footballing reasons. I've no problem with his character really.

I’d understand the bitterness to a player like ADM who was/is clearly good enough to be an amazing United player and absolutely can handle the pressure of a big club. But Lukaku? Who gives a shit really?

Not saying that, but hate is a strong word. United fans can't even have some banter towards him to some.

I'm not saying you personally, but some here really took it to a personal level in terms of hate for Lukaku. I have no problem with laughing at him, but with a little bit of a double standard of people not liking the idea of this thread being bumped when he scores but they bump it themselves when he has a shite game to mock him ? If you bump it to laugh at him when he's shite, you have to accept the other side will bump it when he does well, because both are just in it to prove their opinion.

If you asked me then I'll repeat what I said post their semi final match. It's time for both parties to move on from Lukaku, really. It has been 1 year since he left. Perfect time to forget about him completely.

but that isnt the case at all, he was a twat

I’d understand the bitterness to a player like ADM who was/is clearly good enough to be an amazing United player and absolutely can handle the pressure of a big club. But Lukaku? Who gives a shit really?
Your reasons for bitterness are weird.. seems to mix in with regret

but that isnt the case at all, he was a twat

But it's. I really don't find any reason to be bitter about the quote above. He didn't like it at United, and couldn't like the pressure from fans and media when he doesn't score so thought of leaving. Why should I get mad because he said this ?

Didn’t watch the game.

Buzzing, when I saw the Lukaku OG. Honestly, it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

After the way he treated us, I’m bloody delighted.

I saw an article earlier in the week which basically states we would be in the final if we had Lukaku... after he scored the 4th, and 5th goal in a rout. We really miss that! Sums him up, pads out his goals.

I wonder who he’s going to blame for the goal, who is he going to point at? Without doubt, it won’t be himself!