Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

It's frankly a bit pathetic to bump this thread every time something doesn't go his way. He's had a brilliant season and is a good striker. He did fine for us but ultimately wasn't right for us. We're doing fine with Martial. Let's all get on with our lives.

It's frankly a bit pathetic to bump this thread every time something doesn't go his way. He's had a brilliant season and is a good striker. He wasn't right for us and we're doing fine with Martial. Let's all get on with our lives.

Well it gets bumped the other way too. Plenty questioning why we let him go. Others not caring.

He's a striker. He scores goals. And happy he is doing it at another club. We weren't a good match.

It's frankly a bit pathetic to bump this thread every time something doesn't go his way. He's had a brilliant season and is a good striker. He did fine for us but ultimately wasn't right for us. We're doing fine with Martial. Let's all get on with our lives.
Fun is pathetic. Gotcha.

It's likely more to do with Inter's lame attempt at wumming on Twitter.

I'll never not be glad we sold him. Yes he scores goals but he's also a horrendous footballer and it's impossible to play smooth football with someone like him leading the line.

Martial is also ten times the player.

Well it gets bumped the other way too. Plenty questioning why we let him go. Others not caring.

He's a striker. He scores goals. And happy he is doing it at another club. We weren't a good match.

That's a bit different as that's about United whereas the bumping to ridicule is just petty vindictiveness towards a player who was frankly a pretty decent player for us.

The wise Paul Scholes said "you will never win titles with Lukaku as your main striker"

He was wrong. Lukaku in his goal laden career has one solitary Belgian Pro league title with Anderlecht.

I can’t laugh at him because he was dignified and respectful about us after their semi-final. But we haven’t missed him and hopefully the media will let it go now.

That's a bit different as that's about United whereas the bumping to ridicule is just petty vindictiveness towards a player who was frankly a pretty decent player for us.

He left us as he felt he was too good for United. This is why this thread gets bumped.

The thread deserves a bump everytime we are reminded of how shit he is. He deserves it for having the temerity to have any such notion.

I'm happy for him however that he scored the winner tonight......oh wait.

Typical, leaves United and goes off to score the winning goal in a European cup final in the same season.

Delighted with his own goal. Hope he and Inter enjoy it.

He has always been a big liability in own box and was totally switched off again. Great finish though. Ole like :D

I'll never not be glad we sold him. Yes he scores goals but he's also a horrendous footballer and it's impossible to play smooth football with someone like him leading the line.

Martial is also ten times the player.
I get similar feeling watch Rashford sometimes. He runs awkwardly. As much as I don't like Lukaku, he is better than every other United striker except Martial.

Strange hatred towards him on here.

Shit own goal but it was an instinctive block attempt, happens to many a player.

I agree on the ill will, sad to see. But in football terms, he scores goals but also limits your play enormously. And he is a liability in the box defending (City game comes to mind).

Strange hatred towards him on here.

Shit own goal but it was an instinctive block attempt, happens to many a player.

Strange?

If you consider a player saying that after his first time playing for your club he wanted to leave a likable trait, I'd say that's a bit strange.

Strange to blame him for that own goal. Every player in his position would try to block the shot, deflections like this happen all the time. The real mistake that led to the goal was the weak header directly to Diego Carlos.

Having said that, he should have scored from his big chance a few minutes earlier.

So happy for him. After all the abuse he's received, it takes a really strong mentality to redirect the ball to the roof of the net. Shows his awareness and reflexes as well

No fault of his own and I do feel bad for him for the OG, was just a bit of bad luck, but I can't help but find it funny after the constant arse licking of him in the media recently with the consistently smug "look how stupid United were for selling him" overtones

I remember people here didn't like the idea of the thread being bumped when he scores but as I said back then, it seems totally fine to be bumped when he has a shite game to laugh at him and on one will complain ?